• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

Eleuin

So any fan of a NFC south team want to win the division? You get terrible draft position just to be a one and done.

too easy

OrneryHappyGuanaco.gif

Are people going to pretend like it's ever NOT easy to beat Fletcher?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So any fan of a NFC south team want to win the division? You get terrible draft position just to be a one and done.

I was wondering how many spots you drop for the privilege of winning that "division"? Maybe something as crazy as 10 spots if the winner really does finish 5-11?

gutshot

It's idiotic and by far his biggest failing and really the reason I have very little respect for him as a head coach. He'd be probably one of the greatest offensive coordinators in football history if his ego would let him not call plays, but as it is he's just another egotistical college coach who can't adapt to the pro game when necessary.

The problem isn't his inability to slow down tempo. His playcalling this season has been suspect. Too much reliance on the passing game which is asinine when you are trotting out replacement level QBs and only 1 quality WR (although Matthews is starting to look legit). Meanwhile, they've got two great RBs and one good one and they hardly use them. They've also failed to get their TEs involved at all, which was supposed to be one of the strengths of their offense.

Despite all that, I still think you are unnecessarily harsh on Chip. He's certainly shown he can adapt to the pro game, otherwise he wouldn't be 14-5 over his last 19 games.

bionic77

Not surprising, going by they way the team plays against shit teams, I doubt Blount is the only one that doesn't know what the friggen plays are. Tomlin should make an example out of him, but he didn't punish him when he and Bell were getting their smoke on earlier, so I doubt anything happens here.
:lol

So using Bell as our feature back to run us to victory was another example of dumb luck and not actual thought or planning by our coaches.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck me.

jakncoke

Banned
Falcons remaining

vs. Cle 4-7
vs. ari 4-8
at. Gby 4-9
vs. pitt 4-10
at saints 4-11
at. car 5-11

Saints remaining

vs. balt 4-7
at pit 4-8
vs. car 4-9
at chi 4-10
vs. atl 5-10
at tampa 5-11

car remaining

at minny 3-8-1
at saints 4-8-1
vs tampa 4-9-1
vs. cle 4-10-1
at atl 4-11-1

tampa remaining

at chi 2-9
vs. cincy 2-10
at detroit 2-11
at carolina 3-11
vs. green bay 3-12
vs. saints 4-12

Is this the worst possible for the remaining NFC South if all hell breaks loose ?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 1m1 minute ago
Browns waived RB Ben Tate, team announced.
Lol good. Glad we didn't wait till end of the season.
Said this the other day
Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot · Nov 16
#browns Ben Tate: "why do you want to talk to me? I didn't play a down." Then, "more upset w/ losing than lack of carries"
And he's been saying selfish stuff like this all offseason, hasn't really made him self out to be a team player.

When are the colts signing him?
Last place Browns panicking. Is Pettine on the hot seat yet?
Not panicking, doubt he would of been on the team after this season. For lack of better words he's been a douchebag. Started with his offseason comments about the other RBs and carried into the seaon. We're better off with our young guys

MechDX

Lol good. Glad we didn't wait till end of the season.
Said this the other day

And he's been saying selfish stuff like all offseason, hasn't really made him self out to be a team player.

When are the colts signing him?

Well Arian Foster had more rushing yards Sunday than Tate did.

Foster was inactive...rimshot

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Falcons remaining

vs. Cle 4-7
vs. ari 4-8
at. Gby 4-9
vs. pitt 4-10
at saints 4-11
at. car 5-11

Saints remaining

vs. balt 4-7
at pit 4-8
vs. car 4-9
at chi 4-10
vs. atl 5-10
at tampa 5-11

car remaining

at minny 3-8-1
at saints 4-8-1
vs tampa 4-9-1
vs. cle 4-10-1
at atl 4-11-1

tampa remaining

at chi 2-9
vs. cincy 2-10
at detroit 2-11
at carolina 3-11
vs. green bay 3-12
vs. saints 4-12

Is this the worst possible for the remaining NFC South if all hell breaks loose ?

Maybe instead of choosing winners in the NFCS games, they could get ties. 4-10-2 division winner incoming!

eznark

Banned
The problem isn't his inability to slow down tempo. His playcalling this season has been suspect. Too much reliance on the passing game which is asinine when you are trotting out replacement level QBs and only 1 quality WR (although Matthews is starting to look legit). Meanwhile, they've got two great RBs and one good one and they hardly use them. They've also failed to get their TEs involved at all, which was supposed to be one of the strengths of their offense.

Despite all that, I still think you are unnecessarily harsh on Chip. He's certainly shown he can adapt to the pro game, otherwise he wouldn't be 14-5 over his last 19 games.

It's not about slowing the tempo, it's about adjusting to situations as they present themselves. He views his system as being essentially personnel proof and opponent proof and flawless.

It seems like I am overly harsh on on because no one is willing to criticize him so I stand out. Tell me all you want about the health shakes and uptempo practices and music blaring over the loud speakers, the Eagles got fucking humiliated at their own game on Sunday and Chip should be getting shit on for it.

Pundits gave Chip all the credit in the world for Saving Sanchez last week, and this week lament his lack of a guy that fits his system. Ok. Keep moving the goal posts.

NFC South teams doing everything they can to tank. Except they are all fighting for the bottom rung at the same time... this could get ugly in a hurry.

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK TO SEE WHICH TEAM IS BEST AT THROWING GAMES! WILL CAM POUT HIS WAY TO ANOTHER LOSS? WILL ATLANTA CHOKE ON THEIR OWN FEET? CAN BREES SWALLOW HIS PRIDE FOR THAT TOP PICK? ALL THIS AND MORE, NEXT WEEK ON NFC SOUTH FOOTBALL!

I was wondering how many spots you drop for the privilege of winning that "division"? Maybe something as crazy as 10 spots if the winner really does finish 5-11?

The division winner picks at best 21 because they are behind all of the non-playoff teams.

Let's say that the Falcons and Panthers last game of the season decides the division winner with the Panthers at 5-9-1 and the Falcons at 5-10. The loser of that game is probably going to have a top 8 pick, the winner picking 21.

Not winning the division really is ESSENTIAL

Line_HTX

NFC South teams doing everything they can to tank. Except they are all fighting for the bottom rung at the same time... this could get ugly in a hurry.

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK TO SEE WHICH TEAM IS BEST AT THROWING GAMES! WILL CAM POUT HIS WAY TO ANOTHER LOSS? WILL ATLANTA CHOKE ON THEIR OWN FEET? CAN BREES SWALLOW HIS PRIDE FOR THAT TOP PICK? ALL THIS AND MORE, NEXT WEEK ON NFC SOUTH FOOTBALL!

Dragon dragon! Rock the dragon! Come... get... me!

I thought Iggles fans were praising Chip Kelly for sticking with the running game unlike Andy Reid?

He did last year. This year not so much, but given the offensive line was injured for half the season (and really aren't playing well yet) it hasn't been much of an option this year. A lot of people are blaming this on McCoy for reasons I cannot understand. Every single lineman on the Eagles got beaten at the very least once resulting in Shady getting tackled behind the line against GB. Despite that he was doing a good job getting short yardage just following whatever blocks he could get. Kelce missed a huge second level block that would have been big yards. On the best hole McCoy had the entire game they blew the exchange and fumbled the ball on what most likely would have been a huge gain.

bionic77

I hope we get can get health and manufacture some talent on defense after the bye.

I sent Tomlin a football for dummies book that I hope he studies and shares with the rest of the staff. If they can master those basic concepts I think we can see this team turn it on for the last month of the season!

Talon

It's not about slowing the tempo, it's about adjusting to situations as they present themselves. He views his system as being essentially personnel proof and opponent proof and flawless.

It seems like I am overly harsh on on because no one is willing to criticize him so I stand out. Tell me all you want about the health shakes and uptempo practices and music blaring over the loud speakers, the Eagles got fucking humiliated at their own game on Sunday and Chip should be getting shit on for it.

Pundits gave Chip all the credit in the world for Saving Sanchez last week, and this week lament his lack of a guy that fits his system. Ok. Keep moving the goal posts.
Hey, man. To be honest, Chip is a breath of fresh air from the uber conservative "situational football" that plagues most play calling.

How fucking tired are we of a team that's been passing all over a team revert to Martyball when it's down by 2 running the ball up the gut around the 35 yard line three times before kicking the ball with a meh kicker?

That said, Chip gets a bit dogmatic with his system at times. He was oft-criticized by Oregon fans for forcing inside runs an entire game (Stanford) or refusing to stop throwing the ball.

To me, the thing I like about Chip the most is that he realizes that football players are dumb and thus emphasizes quick reps over complex packages.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 1m1 minute ago
Browns waived RB Ben Tate, team announced.
Oh yeah? Fuck you Browns I released Tate on Sunday afternoon!
wasn't Ben Tate actually kind of decent this year
Yes. However he's a runner who gets what's blocked and can run through contact a bit. Once Alex Mack went down the ZBS went to hell and Tate got nothing. Tate is a smart runner but Crowell and West are more explosive and can make something of nothing when blocking is poor.

Even if Tate goes to Indy I don't think he'll be the lead back... Indy really seems to believe in Trent Truck. Does Indy's O-Line use a ZBS?

eznark

Banned
Hey, man. To be honest, Chip is a breath of fresh air from the uber conservative "situational football" that plagues most play calling.

How fucking tired are we of a team that's been passing all over a team revert to Martyball when it's down by 2 running the ball up the gut around the 35 yard line three times before kicking the ball with a meh kicker?

That said, Chip gets a bit dogmatic with his system at times. He was oft-criticized by Oregon fans for forcing inside runs an entire game (Stanford) or refusing to stop throwing the ball.

To me, the thing I like about Chip the most is that he realizes that football players are dumb and thus emphasizes quick reps over complex packages.

To me he is basically Mike Martz. That's neither a good nor bad thing. He is rigid in the same way that Schottenheimer is rigid, in the same way that honestly, most play designers are rigid. Both sides of the ball, Capers is a great example as well.

Andy Benoit @Andy_Benoit
#Texans Film: Mallett was not precise enough in ball placement. That compromised a number of big-play opportunities.

Probably the copious amounts of blow

eznark

Banned
Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
If #Vikings cut or trade Peterson in offseason, they'd carry a relatively negligible $2.4M cap hit in 2015. Cap savings $13M.

Good bye, AP. Enjoy Dallas. You'll be closer to home, so I pray for your children.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I hope we get can get health and manufacture some talent on defense after the bye.

I sent Tomlin a football for dummies book that I hope he studies and shares with the rest of the staff. If they can master those basic concepts I think we can see this team turn it on for the last month of the season!

Speaking of Tomlin, has a locker room ever ignored a coach after a victory as much as the players did last night? He was the only happy one in the entire room.

Top Bottom