• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
5-11

Panthers and TB can win the rest of the divisional games and not win the division but someone has to win the remaining Falcons-Saints game.

TB - wins remaining divisional games, loses all other games
Panthers - wins most divisional games but loses to the LOSER of the Falcons-Saints game
Saints - loses all divisional games outside of Falcons-Saints
Falcons - loses all divisional games outside of Falcons-Saints

Falcons-Saints : doesn't matter who wins as long as Panthers lose to the loser of this game.

NFC South divisional winner: the 5-11 Atlanta Falcons

A 5-11 playoff team would have fans screaming for a change. Unless they made a run of it, of course. Which could be possible, in theory. Any given sunday and whatnot.

7-9 Seahawks was hilarious.

If the Packers don't win the Super Bowl I just want to watch the world burn (like most people).

I bet a 5-11 team would get a crazy amount of support and only your big media guys will cry about it because ESPN prefers dynasties and dominating teams.

BigAT

asdf38mdah.gif

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
A 5-11 playoff team would have fans screaming for a change. Unless they made a run of it, of course. Which could be possible, in theory. Any given sunday and whatnot.
The scary part is that the scenario I posted is plausible, if not fairly likely. The major obstacle is TB being to beat the Panthers and Saints. Though if TB could at least beat one of them, the division could still be won by the almost as bad 5-10-1 Carolina Panthers

cajunator

Banned
7-9 Seahawks was hilarious.

If the Packers don't win the Super Bowl I just want to watch the world burn (like most people).

I bet a 5-11 team would get a crazy amount of support and only your big media guys will cry about it because ESPN prefers dynasties and dominating teams.

dynasties suck and are boring. Nobody likes those.

RELAYER

Banned

What change would be acceptable?

If they change it then the entire point of divisions would be meaningless. The only fans screaming for a change would be those bitter ones whose team didn't make it. I think most people would be highly amused to see a 5-11 playoff team.

cajunator

Banned
Charlie Batch tweeted during the game that a few times Blount did not know the play calls while he was on the field,and was being disciplined for that. Explains why Bell saw so many carries.

Do they counsel you? Do they understand?

nah usually it just sounds like people I know suddenly saying my name or something.

Line_HTX

Let's ponder this for a moment. Whoever the NFC South winner is, realistically, would that team finish worse than 7-9? I can't imagine Atlanta or New Orleans going into the playoffs with that record.

Line_HTX

We went from Lee Corso exaggerating that University of Oklahoma found him from Mars to this.

Man how did we get here...

Today I learned that there are people in this world who brush their teeth while taking a shit.

I'm all for efficiency and economy of time, but jesus christ.

You know what, Detroit is among the Top 5 destinations I wanna visit in the US.

Must be absolutely fascinating.

You want to visit Thunderdome? Good luck with that

eznark

Banned
I used to brush my teeth while I showered and that grossed my wife out for some reason. Now I'm in no rush to do anything most mornings so I take my time and just brush while I masturbate.

Packer fans on here sure are weird.

Peterson shouldn't even appeal. Vikings aren't gonna do anything this season anyway so why play and risk getting hurt. Just wait till next season.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
AP getting part of what he deserved at least. Now we'll get a whole offseason of redemption bullshit while he smiles for the cameras while writing a big check to some charity for kids.

I used to brush my teeth while I showered and that grossed my wife out for some reason. Now I'm in no rush to do anything most mornings so I take my time and just brush while I masturbate.

I hope you washed your hands before posting this.

Of course thisisneogaf and hand washing is verboten but I have higher expectations from you.

eznark

Banned
Packer fans on here sure are weird.

Peterson shouldn't even appeal. Vikings aren't gonna do anything this season anyway so why play and risk getting hurt. Just wait till next season.

He's appealing for the salary. They obviously can't go back and replay the games, but he is trying to force the Vikings to pay him.

Best case scenario for NFCN - he sits the year and the Vikings still have to pay him!

I hope you washed your hands before posting this.

Of course thisisneogaf and hand washing is verboten but I have higher expectations from you.

I only wash my hands while I masturbate.

BigAT

Funny that Peterson's desire to speed up his grievance hearing just increased the number of games he would lose paychecks for.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Let's ponder this for a moment. Whoever the NFC South winner is, realistically, would that team finish worse than 7-9? I can't imagine Atlanta or New Orleans going into the playoffs with that record.
TB is fucked. Falcons have a tough schedule for them coming up. Panthers have an easy schedule but they're so far in the hole they need to sweep the remaining 5 games. NFC South's best chance at breaking 7-9 is New Orleans and even that depends on winning 4 of the next 6 games, which includes two AFC North opponents (so basically they need to sweep their remaining division games and beat Chicago). It's certainly plausible but I wouldn't bet money on it.

I'd say 0-16 Raiders and 7-9 or worse NFC South are about equally likely at this point.

Slo

My guess is that the Vikings really didn't want to deal with the shit storm this year (despite saying otherwise) and Goodell did them a solid. Next year he'll be in Seattle/San Francisco/Indianapolis for something like a 5th round pick.

eznark

Banned
My guess is that the Vikings really didn't want to deal with the shit storm this year (despite saying otherwise) and Goodell did them a solid. Next year he'll be in Seattle/San Francisco/Indianapolis for something like a 5th round pick.

Wonder if they'll just bask in the PR glow and cut him. If all you can get if a 5th rounder you may as well High Road it for PR purposes.

Tamanon

Banned
Ravens and Vikings should just keep the PR nightmare localized and have the Ravens sign Peterson and the Vikings sign Rice.

Slo

Good riddance. Hopefully the Vikings go trade his sorry ass to some hellhole like Oakland.

I see why people are upset at him beating his kid up until the boy's scrotum split, and I understand that it s not a good look to father 19 children in a single calendar year. I also understand that its hard to garner sympathy when you fail a drug test while out on bail.

All that being said, lets not lose sight of the most important thing: he's really REALLY good at football.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm looking forward to Peterson showcasing his redemption by running for a lot of yards
in the CFL
. That shows how much he has grown.

Top Bottom