• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

jakncoke

Banned
I wish riggle would get fired

Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?!?

Sup you mustard eating bitch, also mankind is fucking nuts and was way too dedicated to his job. Remember his 30 ft fall from the cage and the match with the rock where he took like 12 chair hits to the head. Could go on for 25000 words remembering his stupid stunts

Fox318

Is there a guide for Non-Jets/Fish fans on other entertaining things they can do Monday night?

Like starting a stamp collection or doing an infectious diseases crossword puzzle?

DMczaf

Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?!?

E-C-FUCKIN-W!

DA:I's combat is basically Xenoblade's which I'm fine with.

I don't really enjoy tactical combat that much in a real-time game. DA:I was good but not ideal for me.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I really don't understand that complaint. Why is mashing a button over and over any better than holding it down in this style of game?

I don't come into a game like this expecting Dark Souls combat because it's a party based game. The setup (skill tree decisions, tactics, gear/crafting) is the real meat of the combat which is great in a party based RPG, imo. Set up the friendly AI to succeed and focus on playing your character of choice. I prefer that over micromanaging an entire party unless the combat is turn-based.

That's the main problem. It's not an action RPG and it's not really a party CRPG. It's a weird limbo of both. I'd be all about controller only combat if the game was geared entirely to it. But it wants to be both and gets it wrong on both accounts.

I thought Sanjuro was the consensus leader of Pats-GAF

All the rest of you are minions.

The new guy starts out as a veteran captain since he's been a fan since before Bledsoe was killed on the field.

MechDX

I have been a Patriots fan since that dark day in 1985. Today we shall stand tough and destroy the Packers of Green Bay!

Eleuin

Noodle :)

Going to miss the game, have to work today :)kas)
Don't see how the pats don't win by at least 10, its not going to be that great of a game

That's the main problem. It's not an action RPG and it's not really a party CRPG. It's a weird limbo of both. I'd be all about controller only combat if the game was geared entirely to it. But it wants to be both and gets it wrong on both accounts.
I see it as a really solid mix of both. The tactical camera feels shoehorned in but if you ignore it 95% of the time all is well.

Different strokes, I guess.

JNA

Banned
In the cold weather at Green Bay, I would also like to see Clay Matthews sack the shit out of that pretty boy QB. :D

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I see it as a really solid mix of both. The tactical camera feels shoehorned in but if you ignore it 95% of the time all is well.

Different strokes, I guess.

Yeah, it's okay. I think calling any combat that consists of holding down a button until the guys die as fantastic is a bit of a stretch. But we can all agree it's vastly, vastly, superior to DAII.

As the democratically chosen leader of PatsGAF I would like to make a statement regarding Mech:

From the desk of Dutch Patriot

Dear Friends,

Recently we at the Shirtless head office noticed that Mech has picked up his devilish ways of rooting for our beloved Patriots.

Fuck him.

Love,

Dutch

Tamanon

Banned
I need to get a Bortles jersey next year. Or maybe someone else.

Right now, I only have a Jones-Drew and a Rashean Mathis jersey. Need to get up-to-date!

As the democratically chosen leader of PatsGAF I would like to make a statement regarding Mech:

From the desk of Dutch Patriot

Dear Friends,

Recently we at the Shirtless head office noticed that Mech has picked up his devilish ways of rooting for our beloved Patriots.

Fuck him.

Love,

Dutch
#hailDutch

Yeah, it's okay. I think calling any combat that consists of holding down a button until the guys die as fantastic is a bit of a stretch. But we can all agree it's vastly, vastly, superior to DAII.
If that's all you did in combat, sure. Thankfully it takes a lot more than that, like proper use of skills and proper positioning.

Anyway, go Saints!

Top Bottom