• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

jakncoke

Banned
Keep attacking me and avoiding the point. Classic tactic when you know you're wrong.

You guys are being little bitches. If I was in your place I'd be glad to admit the schedule helped my team out.

After being 8-8 2 years in a row i'll take playing sisters of the poor church 16 weeks in a row if that what it takes to make the playoffs. Im not like you people, im entitled and used to sitting at the playoff round table even if we're set up to choke somewhere.

Got out of work four hours early because I helped close up last night after one of my supervisors had a goddamn seizure in the backroom and knocked herself out. Now I'm beefing with relatives on Facebook who don't seem to know exactly how badly GB is going to lose today. I'm expecting nothing short of an embarrassment.

cajunator

Banned
Got out of work four hours early because I helped close up last night after one of my supervisors had a goddamn seizure in the backroom and knocked herself out. Now I'm beefing with relatives on Facebook who don't seem to know exactly how badly GB is going to lose today. I'm expecting nothing short of an embarrassment.

nah

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
After being 8-8 2 years in a row i'll take playing sisters of the poor church 16 weeks in a row if that what it takes to make the playoffs. Im not like you people, im entitled and used to sitting at the playoff round table even if we're set up to choke somewhere.

I'm saying. The first year the Bills make the playoffs again, they may forget to even show up for the game.

Colasante

Ian Rappaport just said on NFL Network that the Saints plan to pick a quarterback high in next year's draft. He also said that in retrospect, they wish they had done so in previous years.

jakncoke

Banned
I'm saying. The first year the Bills make the playoffs again, they may forget to even show up for the game.

My family is going to unbearable when this day happens. They've got many years and multi sbs of steelers fan trash talk and they going to let it all out when they finally make the playoffs again lol, co-workers as well tbh

Ian Rappaport just said on NFL Network that the Saints plan to pick a quarterback high in next year's draft. He also said that in retrospect, they wish they had done so in previous years.
Hopefully not Winston. The crowd will start wearing bags over their heard. Guy is horrible player.

jbug617

Banned
More Bucs shame. Will SNES stop being a Bucs fan?
http://deadspin.com/report-buccanee...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Reporter Will Hobson's investigation found the Bucs, Rays, Lightning, and Daytona 500 all employed labor from the New Beginnings ministry in a system the New Beginnings CEO calls "work therapy" but labor investigators call "indentured servitude." The money earned working the concession stands, the Times reports, goes directly to New Beginnings, which provides the men with shelter and food; in total, New Beginnings brought in $932,816 in income last year.

Most of the men are homeless, destitute, and drug or alcohol addicts. Workers told the Times that New Beginnings confiscated their Social Security checks and food stamps and that while the organization claims to provide counseling, it employs no one with training to treat drug addicts or the mentally ill. One of the organization's chief ministers cited as qualification that "he ran a motorcycle gang."

The Tampa Bay Lightning honored New Beginnings CEO Thomas Atchison last year as "a community hero." Tropicana Field concessions operator Center Plate says it's unaware homeless people were working its stands, and that charities are forbidden from sending volunteers "dependent upon the charity for food, clothing, shelter ... or any other necessities of life."

Tamanon

Banned
I could see Shane Carden as a good fit with the Saints style of offense. The dude loves to throw it deep and they can get him in the second or third round to develop behind Brees.

cajunator

Banned

I dont see a point in doing that yet.
Much bigger needs literally everywhere else.

Godslay

Banned
New guy has been a fan since 96 so he has a jump of a few years on all the other llers in here.

Good point, the common denominator is the birth of fandom in SB season. I guess in 96 the Pats still had dignity.

I like to think of the Pats fans as the Mordor nemesis system. A new one shows up, they fight, one dies the other grows stronger, rinse and repeat.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Patriots are due for getting blown out so it's possible that's what happens since they're the away team.

I don't see Green Bay getting too embarrassed at home if they do lose so nothing greater than a 14 point loss for us if that happens.

Keep attacking me and avoiding the point. Classic tactic when you know you're wrong.

You guys are being little bitches. If I was in your place I'd be glad to admit the schedule helped my team out.
The Steelers lost to the Jets and the Bucs. Not sure the schedule has helped us as much as you think.

That's a lie. We're playing a lot of shit teams this year.

I'm a little late on this.

I am from Maine, so I am an evil Patriots fan and have been since 1996 (how yah doing Sanjuro, Gatta, Dutch)!

Stafford is not elite.

The Patriots should have two Superbowls, I think the Tuck Rule game should have knocked the Patriots out that year. For the other two, I've always had a hard time buying into the extent of "Spygate". Other teams were clearly doing it at the time as well or there would have been more outrage by teams and the NFL.

Hello friend!

Good point, the common denominator is the birth of fandom in SB season. I guess in 96 the Pats still had dignity.

I like to think of the Pats fans as the Mordor nemesis system. A new one shows up, they fight, one dies the other grows stronger, rinse and repeat.
So with stopsign showing up, who did they lose?

Can't be Gata, he's a Jags fan

Godslay

Banned

I would draft a QB in every draft if I was GM. Higher draft spot when I need one, lower when I don't.

My reasoning behind this is that even with a franchise guy, it keeps your coaching staff focused on development of younger guys. Sure they might walk away before they get to play, but having the experience coaching up young guys is pretty valuable. Second reason is insurance. Say Brees goes down, at least you have someone to fallback on and continue to develop.

When you don't have the guy, you have to cycle through these prospects till someone sticks.

I know the feeling of we need this why draft a QB? But even with a solid team if you don't have a QB you are likely banished to being slightly above average at best. Unless you have unmatched talent in other portions of the team which is pretty rare anyways. Just my opinion I guess.

WedgeX

Banned

If Kellen Moore had ever panned out, the Lions wouldn't be forced into doing this within two years.

And holy crap steam has forced my hand this year. Picked up all the Max Paynes, Prison Architect, Europa Universalis 4, and a few other randoms.

Colasante

I would draft a QB in every draft if I was GM. Higher draft spot when I need one, lower when I don't.

My reasoning behind this is that even with a franchise guy, it keeps your coaching staff focused on development of younger guys. Sure they might walk away before they get to play, but having the experience coach up young guys is pretty valuable. Second reason is insurance. Say Brees goes down, at least you have someone to fallback on and continue to develop.

When you don't have the guy, you have to cycle through these prospects till someone sticks.

I know the feeling of we need this why draft a QB? But even with a solid team if you don't have a QB you are likely banished to being slightly above average at best. Unless you have unmatched talent in other portions of the team which is pretty rare anyways. Just my opinion I guess.

I agree with this mentality. Say what you will about the talent of Matt Cassel, Brian Hoyer, and Ryan Mallett, the Patriots have always been smart about drafting and developing backup quarterbacks, regardless of how entrenched the starter was. It just doesn't make sense to take the backup QB for granted when the starter is one play away from being injured.

BigAT

I know Brees hasn't played quite as well as he usually does this year, but blaming him when they have the #3 offense in the league and the #24 defense in the league seems pretty off.

jakncoke

Banned

Depends on how much longer you think Breesus can play and what kind of window you think you have for winning or being a sb contender. If they draft something in the 2nd, say trade up to get something. I dont think that'd be bad.

Bread

Banned
I agree with this mentality. Say what you will about the talent of Matt Cassel, Brian Hoyer, and Ryan Mallett, the Patriots have always been smart about drafting and developing backup quarterbacks, regardless of how entrenched the starter was. It just doesn't make sense to take the backup QB for granted when the starter is one play away from being injured.
Yeah I look at some teams and see these journeymen QBs backing up their stars and think...wow they aren't even trying to develop anyone? Fucking Luke McCown is the guy coming in if Brees goes down? Really short sighted management.

Colasante

Ugh, looking at some Patriots/Packers trades and remembered that the Patriots basically gave the Packers Greg Jennings, Clay Matthews, and Casey Hayward. Packers the one team that Bill doesn't own in trades.

Greg

Yeah I look at some teams and see these journeymen QBs backing up their stars and think...wow they aren't even trying to develop anyone? Fucking Luke McCown is the guy coming in if Brees goes down? Really short sighted management.
they can't all have Garoppolos and Flynns!

Giants inactives, etc.

Kiwi is out. Ayers is starting for him.
Herzlich is starting at weak side linebacker
Mike Patterson is starting for an injured Cullen Jenkins.
Jaydon Hosely is benched. Mine Harris will be the nickel.

Godslay

Banned

Yeah, it's seems concerning when you have the franchise guy. It also seems like a waste at times. In reality though QB is just like any position. Could go down at any time, and subject to being replaced by a better performer. It gets harder to replace as their resume and consistency grows, but it never hurts to have talent developing in the background.

Teams that have good qbs for awhile seem to forget how hard it would is to actually find the right one in the draft. Takes a good amount of luck with draft positions too

Top Bottom