• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

I'm a little late on this.

I am from Maine, so I am an evil Patriots fan and have been since 1996 (how yah doing Sanjuro, Gatta, Dutch)!

Stafford is not elite.

The Patriots should have two Superbowls, I think the Tuck Rule game should have knocked the Patriots out that year. For the other two, I've always had a hard time buying into the extent of "Spygate". Other teams were clearly doing it at the time as well or there would have been more outrage by teams and the NFL.
Welcome brother

How do they really know that for sure? Maybe just say he should get a second chance it leave out all the BS about how good of a guy he is. What was caught on tape might have been exactly who he is.

Everyone deserves a second chance for the most part. But nobody should say he may be a decent person, decent people don't do shit like that.

RBH

nojGwws.png

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I don't buy the second chance thing. Some things, like playing a sport for millions, is a privilege. He deserves a second chance to become a useful, not violent member of society. Not a second chance to play in the NFL. Fuck him.

write a 4 page piece about why jimmy is the future of the league.

single spaced, don't fuck with the size of the periods i'll check for that.

then you will be accepted into pats-gaf.

I don't know if there is enough material on the internet to write that much on Gararaaararpolo without your posts. Can I use you as a valid source?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Combat is fantastic, especially for the genre. You're not playing M&K are you? Feels like the game is made for a controller to me.

The PC was clearly a distant afterthought for Bioware and it shows. And even they, they still managed to fuck it up. Holding down a button to combat is a dumb amalgamation of PC "click to attack" controls and AAAAAAAAA of pad controls. If they had stuck to their guns and fully fleshed out the control scheme, you'd be able to attack by actual interacting with the gamepad at some point and PC gamers would have a control scheme that actually works. Not to mention the crap tactical mode they gave zero shits about, considering the main focus of the game has floating rifts that are nearly impossible to target in that mode.

The combat is only alright because of all the above. "Fantastic?" Nah. "especially for the genre" doesn't even make sense.

I'm having a fantastic time with it. Playing a 2-handed warrior with lots of fun, useful skills, and I like the way my party fights after I put the time in to set them up well. Not as much AI customization as DA:I but the friendly AI is smart enough to handle themselves most of the time which I prefer. I also like the removal of healing spells and the guard mechanic.

Tactical view is bad but it's hardly needed if you prepare your party members adequately. (playing on Nightmare).

No real complaints from me other than the occasional wave-based combat that makes conserving potions very challenging.

eznark

Banned
I'm having a fantastic time with it. Playing a 2-handed warrior with lots of fun, useful skills, and I like the way my party fights after I put the time in to set them up well. Not as much AI customization as DA:I but the friendly AI is smart enough to handle themselves most of the time which I prefer. I also like the removal of healing spells and the guard mechanic.

Tactical view is bad but it's hardly needed (playing on Nightmare).

Tactical combat is all I am interested in. I don't think it works well as an action rpg and it certainly fails as a tactical rpg. That said I'm enjoying the writing and so far there honestly isn't that much combat anyway.

Did mages just like, forget how to heal in this world? Bizarre.

Tactical combat is all I am interested in. I don't think it works well as an action rpg and it certainly fails as a tactical rpg. That said I'm enjoying the writing and so far there honestly isn't that much combat anyway.
It's an action RPG at this point, but a much smarter one than DA2. Try playing with a controller.

I'm playing it on PS4 broham. Though I don't know why holding a mouse button down would be any more or less interesting that holding R2.
I really don't understand that complaint. Why is mashing a button over and over any better than holding it down in this style of game?

I don't come into a game like this expecting Dark Souls combat because it's a party based game. The setup (skill tree decisions, tactics, gear/crafting) is the real meat of the combat which is great in a party based RPG, imo. Set up the friendly AI to succeed and focus on playing your character of choice. I prefer that over micromanaging an entire party unless the combat is turn-based.

It's an action RPG at this point, but a much smarter one than DA2. Try playing with a controller.

He's on the PS4.

I almost wish the game was turn based. They are straddling two lines with the combat. Trying to please those that enjoyed Origins on PC and played primarily from the tactical perspective and the more casual "press A for awesome" to happen. So you're left with a hybrid that doesn't excel at either. Turn based might feel "slow" to some and doesn't appeal to the masses but even a simple turn based interface would be fucking amazing here.

I do think the combat is /ok/ but the game is so much more about exploring and the story/world that it's a bit inconsequential. Combat in Skyrim is shit and easily breakable but it doesn't stop the game from being crazy good for example.

I will say that if you want to make things better, kick the difficulty up. Nightmare in particular forces you to be active in combat. You aren't surviving the boss battles and even some elite encounters by playing it like an action RPG and that's great but then you're left with dealing with a "sort of" tactical view that doesn't always work in your favor on those tough encounters. Targeting an enemy that is on higher ground? Good luck with that shit.

eznark

Banned
I really don't understand that complaint. Why is mashing a button over and over any better than holding it down in this style of game?

I don't come into a game like this expecting Dark Souls combat because it's a party based game. The setup (skill tree decisions, tactics, gear/crafting) is the real meat of the combat which is great in a party based RPG, imo. Set up the friendly AI to succeed and focus on playing your character of choice. I prefer that over micromanaging an entire party unless the combat is turn-based.

They talked like they were bringing back the perfect combat of DA:O and they completely whiffed. If I'm disappointed it's on them for misrepresenting what the combat was going to be. Obviously I didn't expect Dark Souls, I expected Dragon Age. I got Two Worlds.

Top Bottom