• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

Ok breakdown of the Pats game by Matt Chatham. Nothing earth shattering. Don't like the little bit of whining at the end though. Other than that I thought it was solid.

breakdown of 49ers offensive playbook vs. seachickens (and all other teams):

__3676030.gif

Striker

Giants sent OL Geoff Schwartz, Adam Snyder, and DL Mathias Kiwanuka and Robert Ayers to IR.

Top 5 pick here we come!

Trey

Ok breakdown of the Pats game by Matt Chatham. Nothing earth shattering. Don't like the little bit of whining at the end though. Other than that I thought it was solid.

I only skimmed this, but one thing stuck out:

My view on the pick rule is that picks should be legal, something you expect to happen in traffic much like Karl Malone and John Stockton did to perfection in basketball. But because it's supposedly illegal in football, defensive players are taught to play through them instead of passing them off (switching them) as you would in basketball. When they aren't called, the defensive player is screwed...he'd much rather just know it's not going to be called so he can prepare and play it honest.

No. Unless nearly every defensive holding, PI, touching rule was rescinded, defense would cease to exist in the NFL.

An offense like that wouldn't even be fun to watch.

Striker

Was Kiwi injured or is this strictly a tank thing?
He's had a knee injury.

Unfortunately for him he's probably played his last ball as a NY Giant. He's making an awful lot of cash and they can save almost $5M in the off-season by cutting him. He's been ineffective in both run support and getting to the QB. At least with Kiwi out, they will be forced to use young guys like Damontre Moore and Kerry Wynn a lot.

cdyhybrid

I am just so amazed at how far this guy's stock fell, and how fast.

People were calling him the best coach in the NFL LAST SEASON.

He's still a good coach, but he doesn't get along with his boss and the decisions he made with regards to his OC and QB don't seem to have panned out. No one is right all the time.

He's still a good coach, but he doesn't get along with his boss and the decisions he made with regards to his OC and QB don't seem to have panned out. No one is right all the time.

This, and to add I respect people who admit when they fuck up and move on. Ex. John S, and Pete Carroll with Percy Harvin. They knew they fuck up, they admitted it, traded his ass for nothing and moved on.

Then there are the people who will never admit they were wrong in the first place... aka Roger Shitdell. Jets, and Redskins also remind me of this. No no everyone don't worry keep believing in us. We got this just you watch it will turn around!

bionic77

Harbs is a great coach.

I would take him in a second in Pittsburgh.

But I wonder about his personality. He seems like the crazy type that wants to run everything. That never works. You need a separate GM and coach.

Harbs might just be too big of a asshole to succeed. You can't fight with your owner and everyone else. At the end of the day you have to be able to work with others. But you can't question him as a coach.

Fox318

Harbs is a great coach.

I would take him in a second in Pittsburgh.

But I wonder about his personality. He seems like the crazy type that wants to run everything. That never works. You need a separate GM and coach.

Harbs might just be too big of a asshole to succeed. You can't fight with your owner and everyone else. At the end of the day you have to be able to work with others. But you can't question him as a coach.

Well the Steelers haven't had a head coach in a long time.

Fox318

FBQycvg.jpg

Apparently Jets security was trying to kick out every fan that had an anti-idzik shirt and sign last night.

Godslay

Banned
Dropped by my buddy Matt S' house and took these from his pantry.

OBKEPVVl.jpg

Not enough chip.

Reminds me of that Jimmy Fallon's Late Night Snack Ben and Jerry's flavor. That was pretty damn good with chocolate covered chips in ice cream. Salt and chocolate is a good combo.

Harbs will be done in by his inflexibility and stubbornness. He has to have things be done his way, with his players, and his coaches (Hi Greg Roman), GM be damned.

His unwillingness to change his ways is very John Fox esque.

Still he's high on the list of coaches I'd rather have than Coward Ron which looks like (no particular order)

BB The GOAT
Bruce Arians
Chip Kelly
Sean Payton the junkie
Mike McCoy
Brian Billick
Gus Malzahn
Peter Carroll
Jim and John Harbaugh
Tom Coughlin's ancient dinosaur ass
Offensive Savant Major Bill Lazor
Handsome Omar Epps