• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

i ran the ball down his throat and jimmy made good plays when called upon, it was a beautiful game and a masterful comeback.

:*)

dpfb.gif

Bread

Banned
I actually don't mind a white pie if it has clams on it.
never had a pizza with clams but i can imagine it being alright

694708.jpg

something like this, fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, garlic, maybe some blue cheese crumbled on there...best pizza ever.

Mrbob

Great OP Bucket.

Bears are going to win their final 4 games, miss the playoffs, and keep Trestman. Fuck.

Godslay

Banned
I don't like to eat pizza much anymore. Grease and tomato sauce kills my gut, it always feels like I'm eating too much bread which makes me feel like shit. Even with thin crust. Before anyone says you have to have the good stuff, I've eaten plenty of gourmet brick oven type pizzas and it's pretty much the same problems with a Domino's etc.

I'll order a Papa John's to pay a tithe and in honor of GRX, but I usually just throw it in the trash.

I hope you didn't eat the slice at 7 o'clock. It's got a huge pube on it, noticed it when I zoomed in.

UAB just death penaltied themselves. Crazy.

Crazier still, is the rumor going around that the board of trustees (which is apparently full of UofAlabama alums) dropped football to protect Auburn and Alabama's in-state recruiting. Just crazy enough to be believable.

These hicks don't give a fuuuck

Sanjuro

Crazier still, is the rumor going around that the board of trustees (which is apparently full of UofAlabama alums) dropped football to protect Auburn and Alabama's in-state recruiting. Just crazy enough to be believable.

What's the story there?

jakncoke

Banned

They are also dropping their bowling and rifling teams as well. Didnt even know colleges had bowling rifling teams lol

Sanjuro

People in Bawston don't know good food.

#bland

I'd agree in some areas, particularly BBQ.

There are some new places though that get the job done. Some chick from top chef has a restaurant. Never watched the program, but people like her I guess.

What's the story there?

The official reasons being given that UAB couldn't draw enough financial support to offset the cost of fielding the football team, including the rising costs of scholarships for the student athletes.

The unofficial reasons?

Clark knows the designs are very much a dream. Because even as UAB is finally showing a glimmer of hope to advance to a bowl game for the first time in a decade, the football program is on the brink of possibly being killed once and for all by the University of Alabama System Board of Trustees, which oversees UAB. That would make a university located in football-crazed Alabama the first Football Bowl Subdivision/Division I-A school to drop football since Pacific in 1995.

UAB's president and athletic director put out noncommittal statements about the need to soon finish a strategic study about the future of UAB athletics. The interpretation by many people from these statements is that UAB is very close to killing football.

Clark said he was told UAB's report, written by consultant Bill Carr, will come out shortly after the season concludes Nov. 29. In other words, Clark is one win away from making UAB bowl-eligible for the second time in its 24-year history, and two games away from finding out whether the program will continue to exist.

Simmering under the surface of this debate is the role of powerful trustees with Crimson Tide ties, including Paul Bryant Jr., the son of the legendary Alabama football coach. To UAB supporters, there is no doubt Bryant Jr. plans to finally kill UAB football before he leaves the board this year after a decades-old feud tied to Gene Bartow, the late founder of UAB athletics.

Bartow accused Bear Bryant of cheating in a letter to the NCAA in 1991.

"Gene Bartow, out of his mouth, told me on many, many occasions that the aim of the board of trustees was to kill UAB football in the last 8-10 years," said Jimmy Filler, UAB's biggest booster and the creator of the UAB Football Foundation. "They're going to get the recommendation from [UAB President Ray Watts], and they'll accept what he brings to them."

Alabama state Rep. Jack Williams, a longtime supporter of UAB, said the board has always been opposed to UAB football.

"It's been a thorn in their flesh since day one," Williams said. "I think they've done everything to kill it. I'll be honest: I think the program's success this year may be what leads to its demise if the board goes through with this because people are excited."

Meanwhile Alabama-Birmingham is probably about to be kicked out of Conference USA in all sports and looking at joining a FCS conference or going independent.

Wild situation

MechDX

I'd agree in some areas, particularly BBQ.

There are some new places though that get the job done. Some chick from top chef has a restaurant. Never watched the program, but people like her I guess.

Wife just reminded me I had good breakfast up there at a place called Frenchys. Fresh and good corned beef hash

i'm a cultured man, you don't know shit

You play videogame s drunk and shirtless on camera. # cultured

Top Bottom