• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

Duxxy3

This is the only way the patriots win the game - if the defense scores.

edit: wow - that is a bailout call.

JNA

Banned
Lol now Booos that go FOR the Chargers.

Seriously how many Pats fans are at this game? It's pretty much a home game for the Patriots lol.

brentech

Complain all you want, you can't launch into the guy. he had all the opportunity in the world to hit him in the mid section and likely create the same play.

Also, doesn't matter if you mean it or not, there was helmet to helmet.

GQman2121

Banned
Helmet to helmet lol. This fucking league man. Shit like this is why I don't follow the day to day news during the week anymore.

The league needs to legislate against those kinds of plays too if they are all about player safety, like somehow a defender using his shoulder to project himself at a receiver is somehow safer than using his shoulder. They need to make rules against any kind of spearing/launching. All that kind of shit needs to be gone.

Link

The Autumn Wind
"Hits him with a shoulder in the chest area."

Sounds like Collinsworth needs to take an A&P refresher class.

bionic77

Not helmet to helmet
As a steelers fan I know it doesn't have to helmet to helmet.

I have seen that exact same penalty against Harrison when he was good leading with his shoulder.

You can't head hunt anymore. He blasted him in the head. Doesn't matter if it is the helmet, a shoulder it an elbow. and is the player gets hurt that is always going to be a flag.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That was a TERRIBLE call. I mean, there are a lot of things that hit could be, but "helmet to helmet" is not one of them.

Top Bottom