• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

squicken

I know Watt can annoy people, and Rodgers is absolutely the MVP given his postional value, but I love this quote from MMQB

“I heard a quote that says, ‘Success isn’t owned. It’s leased. And rent is due every day.’ Every single day, someone’s coming for your job. Someone’s coming for your greatness. If you’re the greatest, someone wants to be the greatest, and so if you’re not constantly improving your game, somebody else is. And somebody wants to take your spot. So the way I attack it, every single day is like a game. Every single practice rep I treat like a game rep. I get pissed if I get blocked … Some people chase money. Some people chase fame. Some chase greatness. And that’s what I’m trying to do.”

Drubbed

Banned
LRxzXiz.gif

You have to turn the page on Hoyer now, you have to. He got another chance but he did absolutely nothing against a poor Coltse defense. Still not reading the game, has no pocket presence, extremely inaccurate. He's the spiritual succesor to Jeff George. I feel a bit bad for the guy because of that hometown story but he just doesn't look like he wants to be in the National Football League. He has a quincenera tight spiral but not much else....

Bowser

You have to turn the page on Hoyer now, you have to. He got another chance but he did absolutely nothing against a poor Coltse defense. Still not reading the game, has no pocket presence, extremely inaccurate. He's the spiritual succesor to Jeff George. I feel a bit bad for the guy because of that hometown story but he just doesn't look like he wants to be in the National Football League. He has a quincenera tight spiral but not much else....

Hmm...

squicken

Just read about Pettine and the locker room not being happy with JFF going to a Cav's game. Hope flushing the playoff chances was worth making a point

Packers win guarantees at best a .500 record from the NFC South champ...

Anyone claim the thread for next week? I saw Bucket saying he's not making it

Just read about Pettine and the locker room not being happy with JFF going to a Cav's game. Hope flushing the playoff chances was worth making a point
I take everything like this with a grain of salt, because news reporters are always trying to make stories out of nothing.

(To the coaches/team) But if true get over it, fuck you guys. #FreeBAE #bringbackShurmer
I like to eat cheese.

Also, where the fuck are Kave and Rando
Rando made a pickup a few days ago, isn't his email available on the shirtless league?

#findKave

Tom Penny

Someone give me one reason why I don't want Harbaugh coaching the Dolphins next season.

He can't win with Kap how is he going to win with Tannehill?

On a side note Pats offense sucked and McDaniels also called an asstastic game. Right out the gate trying to get fancy on the 1 and don't power run..fucking dipshit.

Bowser

Like, if you weren't going to buy in to the JFF persona, why the fuck did Pettine and co. even pick him?

bionic77

I know Watt can annoy people, and Rodgers is absolutely the MVP given his postional value, but I love this quote from MMQB
King has Brady as the 3rd pick for MVP.

He clearly does not watch football.

Even Pats fans will acknowledge that Brady has not played well and is not deserving to even be mentioned in the conversation for MVP.

Bell isn't going to get it, but if it was a legit list of top 5 MVP choices he and Murray should be in it along with Rodgers, Watt and some 5th person.

MechDX

Here’s how the playoff race looks through Week 14:

1. New England Patriots (10-3) Would have home-field advantage if the playoffs started today.

2. Denver Broncos (10-3) Denver loses the head-to-head tiebreaker with New England.

3. Indianapolis Colts (9-4) Indianapolis clinches the AFC South if it beats Houston on Sunday.

4. Cincinnati Bengals (8-4-1) The Bengals’ lead in the AFC North is now just half a game.

5. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-5) The Steelers will win the division if they win out, and Cincinnati visits Pittsburgh in Week 17. The Steelers currently have the tiebreaker over the Ravens (division record) and Chargers (conference record).

6. San Diego Chargers (8-5) The Chargers beat the Ravens and own the head-to-head tiebreaker.

Outside looking in:

7. Baltimore Ravens (8-5) If the Ravens win out they’re guaranteed to leapfrog the Week 17 Bengals-Steelers loser, and make the playoffs.

8. Houston Texans (7-6) The Texans are first among the AFC’s five 7-6 teams thanks to the Texans’ 6-3 conference record.

9. Miami Dolphins (7-6) The Dolphins are 6-4 in the conference.

10. Kansas City Chiefs (7-6) The Chiefs are 5-4 in the conference.

11. Buffalo Bills (7-6) The Bills’ 4-6 conference record could sink them.

12. Cleveland Browns (7-6) The Browns are also 4-6 in the AFC and lost head-to-head to the Bills.

The AFC, parity like a bitch.

Fire Philbin.

The nanosecond the season ends he is gone. He has horribly bungled the end of 2 different games and now the Fins really might miss the playoffs.

Hey Wisconson football fans there was a guy who covers the big 10 on the Dan Patrick show today and he said that there is a rumor going around that the confrence asked the Badgers to lay down against OSU because an OSU blowout was the onlyn hope they had to get a team into the playoffs. I really wonder if stuff like that ever actually happens.

Spinluck

Even Pats fans will acknowledge that Brady has not played well and is not deserving to even be mentioned in the conversation for MVP.

Bell isn't going to get it, but if it was a legit list of top 5 MVP choices he and Murray should be in it along with Rodgers, Watt and some 5th person.

Luck!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I like to eat cheese.

Also, where the fuck are Kave and Rando

Packers win guarantees at best a .500 record from the NFC South champ...

Anyone claim the thread for next week? I saw Bucket saying he's not making it

These guys get it...

No we are not

Why can't you?

At least the Bucs are finally eliminated. I think, because if not holy shit.

Also, Rodgers is gonna tear that defense apart. Packers should win out the season with ease.

Gonna lose to Buffalo. I'm kind of at peace with that.

Colasante

I won't acknowledge that. That's just not accurate at all. Brady completely deserves to be in the MVP conversation, but he doesn't have the case that Rodgers, Watt, or Luck does.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Like, if you weren't going to buy in to the JFF persona, why the fuck did Pettine and co. even pick him?

Does a first year head coach even get that kind of say as to who the team takes with a 1st round pick?

The worst part about Hoyer isn't even his garbage performance on the field. I've never seen a QB throw his teammates under the bus the way he does. He takes zero accountability for his mistakes. If Manziel was doing the same shit he would be (rightfully) ripped to pieces.

bionic77

I won't acknowledge that. That's just not accurate at all. Brady completely deserves to be in the MVP conversation, but he doesn't have the case that Rodgers, Watt, or Luck does.
Can you really be an MVP as a qb when you can't complete a pass more than 10 yards down the field?

All he is doing is handing off and dinking.

That is not how anyone defines great qb play.

He is a subpar version of Alex Smith. Let me know when he gets MVP consideration and I will reconsider what I said.

Yeah Luck should be there. Forgot about him (maybe intentionally, no offense but he is hideous).

Don't you want someone who can develop a quarterback, or are you giving up on Tanny?
Eh, the OC and QB coach can worry about Tanny. I just want a head coach with an ounce of charisma, a guy who can get the team to show up for big games.

I know you make fun of me for saying Philbin isn't a leader but that shit matters. Did you see Odrick yelling at him on the sideline yesterday? He's just not cut out to be a HC.

Wait you mean to tell me that if somehow on this planet the Falcons beat the Packers then they're on the outside looking in. Not gonna happen though but yikes

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Does Green Bay hold the tiebreaker over Arizona and Dallas should we all finish 12-4? I think Arizona lost to Atlanta.

eznark

Banned
Eh, the OC and QB coach can worry about Tanny. I just want a head coach with an ounce of charisma, a guy who can get the team to show up for big games.

I know you make fun of me for saying Philbin isn't a leader but that shit matters. Did you see Odrick yelling at him on the sideline yesterday? He's just not cut out to be a HC.

Wait, Harbaugh has charisma? He's a screamer who lost his team after three straight 11+ win seasons. He seems like he'll have a Mike Keenan-esque career. His act wears thin quickly.

Also, you don't have the personnel to run his offense. Line specifically.

Dunno, think you'd be better with Lane Kiffin, as would all teams. Lane is always the answer.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Driveclub weather update is out!

Driveclub is out of beta? Can I finally get on somebody's club and do challenges and shit? Sorry don't read that crazy ass gaming side and haven't started driveclub in over a month.

mjholdupson.gif

Think about what you're saying breh, you want to drop at least 10 draft positions just to get blown out on national television?

Cam played the worst game of his career a few weeks ago against them and it was a one possession game.

I'm just tired of them coming into our place and hoeing us out man

At least the Bucs are finally eliminated. I think, because if not holy shit.

Also, Rodgers is gonna tear that defense apart. Packers should win out the season with ease.

Bucs are out. At least 6 wins are required to win the division.

Wait, Harbaugh has charisma? He's a screamer who lost his team after three straight 11+ win seasons. He seems like he'll have a Mike Keenan-esque career. His act wears thin quickly.

Also, you don't have the personnel to run his offense. Line specifically.

Dunno, think you'd be better with Lane Kiffin, as would all teams. Lane is always the answer.
Seems like Harbaugh has already checked out and Kaep sucks. I was impressed by what Harbaugh did with that team early on.

I don't really care as long as Philbin is fired and the new HC has a solid resume or a lot of upside. I just need some change. It's that time again for the Dolphins, all part of the cycle.

ShaneB

Despite my interest in the NFC south winner having a disgraceful record, seeing the Falcons pull off the huge upset tonight would be a hell of a sight!

Greg

only had time to play 1 game of PvZ, but it seems awesome

and I love how the controls take a giant shit on GTAV

I'm sorry Brother Kas, but I have to throw my full support behind the Packers tonight.

Now that I'm #Anti-Tank, I have to start rooting for things that help the Panthers make the playoffs again.

MechDX

only had time to play 1 game of PvZ, but it seems awesome

and I love how the controls take a giant shit on GTAV

I was praising this game for nearly a year before anyone else finally even played it. It is just simple enjoyment. Shame you didn't get it on the One and we could team up and humiliate Bread

Does Green Bay hold the tiebreaker over Arizona and Dallas should we all finish 12-4? I think Arizona lost to Atlanta.

Arizona has a better conference record than the Packers and the Cowboys, but whether that matters kind of depends on who the 4th loss is to.

Basically if the Packers' 4th loss is against the Bills, Packers win that tiebreaker. Against anyone else though, the Cardinals win it.

Top Bottom