• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

Greg

I was praising this game for nearly a year before anyone else finally even played it. It is just simple enjoyment. Shame you didn't get it on the One and we could team up and humiliate Bread

It's a ton of fun, I played it a bunch this summer. Hit me up when you are on, I'll hop in.
yeah, I remember you guys talking it up around release

I think the look of the game put me off from being interested, but I was wrong!

Browns are done so I hope the Colts or Packers win the SB. That would be cool.
:')

Farooq

Banned
Romo had a passer rating of 138 against the Bears. That marks the 5th time he has had a passer rating of 135 or above this season.

Peyton Manning (2013) and Steve Young (1993) are the only other quarterbacks in NFL history to accomplish this feat.

Fiddling with the playoff machine some more and all Detroit has to do is win their next two game and they're in the playoffs as they have the tiebreaker over both NFC East contenders. Well two out of three but I don't want a scenario where we have to win in GB to get a playoff spot.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Romo had a passer rating of 138 against the Bears. That marks the 5th time he has had a passer rating of 135 or above this season.

Peyton Manning (2013) and Steve Young (1993) are the only other quarterbacks in NFL history to accomplish this feat.

Rodgers has 4 with 4 games left against Buffalo, Detroit, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay.

MechDX

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans · 12s12 seconds ago
#Texans scored 2 TDs yesterday, so go to any Houston area @jackbox for a FREE MONSTER TACO w/ purchase when you say ‘Touchdown for Tacos’!

mmmmmm Tacos.

LevelNth

Banned
Don't you want someone who can develop a quarterback, or are you giving up on Tanny?
I hate to admit this is true, but it's true. He WAS heralded as a QB whisperer, but really, this is his record since USD.

Josh Johnson = pretty much out of the league, couldn't win the starting or backup jobs on three different teams.

Andrew Luck = does Harbaugh really get credit for this? Some sure, but really, how much?

Colin Kaepernick = the last four weeks are pretty damning.

And before anyone says Alex Smith, he doesn't count. All Harbaugh did was hide him and minimize his impact on the offense. Yesterday still shows what happens when Smith is 'unleashed'.

bionic77

The Falcons will pull the huge upset next week against the Steelers.

:(
Yup.

They will lose by a 100 to the Packers tonight.

Then next week when everyone writes them off they will suddenly be competent on offense and move the ball on us at will.

We will lose late in the 4th quarter after Ben gives us the lead but our defense will be unable to stop the Falcons from going 90 yards for the go ahead TD with 50 seconds left and no timeouts. That is just asking too much from our defense!

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans · 12s12 seconds ago
#Texans scored 2 TDs yesterday, so go to any Houston area @jackbox for a FREE MONSTER TACO w/ purchase when you say ‘Touchdown for Tacos’!

mmmmmm Tacos.

But I dont wanna say that. ):

MechDX

With Hoyer being worse than Fitzmagic and JFF not being able to handle his business the Browns should go ahead and take a look at Connor Shaw. I heard the kid has potential

But I dont wanna say that. ):

If it makes you feel better say "Touchdowns for tacos and Brady in 2015"

Vio-Lence

Banned
Hate that local media is running with Mel Tucker being the sacrificial lamb at the end of the year. They need to fire the whole staff. Not surprising though with this cheap skate and chickenshit organization.

Greg

Rodgers due for a shit game
defense due for a shit game
Packers due for a home loss

where's that flamethrower, RBH?

Fiddling with the playoff machine some more and all Detroit has to do is win their next two game and they're in the playoffs as they have the tiebreaker over both NFC East contenders. Well two out of three but I don't want a scenario where we have to win in GB to get a playoff spot.

Bears and Vikings are both winnable games, if Stafford doesn't pull a Stafford. Both of those teams are banged up, but still capable of playing a good game.

You have no chance in Green Bay, however. They are playing for that number 1 spot.

eznark

Banned
Well that's kind of a shitty attitude

Packers are going to throw the game just in case they see the Falcons in the playoffs.

shaughnessy1.jpg

LJ11

Harbaugh the QB guru, says who? The national media? Bills fans say the same thing about Marrone being an OL guru because he had a couple of studs on the Saints that were drafted in the midrounds. Everyone's a fucking guru.

Harbaugh's a complete throwback. Sound fundamental run first football, that doesn't ask the QB to do too much, this is what he did at Stanford and what got him into the NFL. He's the same coach now, even when he had Luck he rarely if ever put it on the kid's shoulders. Problem is, this is the NFL, and you can't hide bad QB play on consistent basis.

Niners have the same problem that more than two thirds of the league face, QB1. Not sure how much we can put on Harbs.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ike Taylor on not finishing the game:

“If you’re not able to go 100 percent you have to sit your butt down,” Taylor said. "I felt like, ‘Man, I can’t keep putting my team in that situation.’ As much as I want to be out there, playing corner you have to be able to run.

“Pretty much everybody, including the coaching staff, agreed.”

Nice for him to understand that he sucks...

Fox318

Harbaugh the QB guru, says who? The national media? Bills fans say the same thing about Marrone being an OL guru because he had a couple of studs on the Saints that were drafted in the midrounds. Everyone's a fucking guru.

Harbaugh's a complete throwback. Sound fundamental run first football, that doesn't ask the QB to do too much, this is what he did at Stanford and what got him into the NFL. He's the same coach now that he was back at Stanford, where he had Luck but rarely if ever put it on the kid's shoulders. Problem is, this is the NFL, and you can't hide bad QB play on consistent basis.

Niners have the same problem that more than two thirds of the league face, QB1. Not sure how much we can put on Harbs.
Exactly why I don't want him as the Jets coach.

Tom Nook

why you gotta be so rude?

I'm just venting here. I'm a Niners fan but to be honest, they got what they deserve: a lost against the Raiders. Kaep is throwing the ball left and right thinking he's some hot shit QB in the veins Rodgers/Manning: You're NOT!!

LevelNth

Banned
Kap's contract will deescalate down to a 13m cap hit next year, so I don't mind giving him another year to see if he can improve, but it needs a scheme change and a more dedicated run game than this year.

If not, we can still cut him in 2016 and only eat 7m with over 8m in savings. Not ideal, but better than a lot of other QB situations after they're resigned.

I really, really hope he can turn it around though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Flight delays suck.

My 7:20AM flight has been delayed several times and it's now an 11:30 departure.

I got shit to do United!

Tom Penny

Kap's contract will deescalate down to a 13m cap hit next year, so I don't mind giving him another year to see if he can improve, but it needs a scheme change and a more dedicated run game than this year.

If not, we can still cut him in 2016 and only eat 7m with over 8m in savings. Not ideal, but better than a lot of other QB situations after they're resigned.

I really, really hope he can turn it around though.

Kap's only problem is that he doesn't know how to play the QB position.

Top Bottom