• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

manfestival

Ultimately what the Bucs should do should they indeed get the first pick depends entirely on whether or not they fire Lovie. If he stays, they shouldn't go anywhere near a qb. They should trade down and make the Jets or Titans or someone else pay draft picks out the ass to move up and get Mariota. At which point we start improving the dismal o-line. If Lovie is out and they bring in an offensive minded guy, then yeah, go for Mariota.

Bruh

No. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE WINSTON OR RIOT

Respect

Pats broke the Bieber curse.

I don't know...I think they are resistant, but weren't immune...it took a while for the offense to get some kind of rhythm. Wasn't he all posing with guys on the offense? I know I saw Gronk and Jonas...don't remember who else was there.

O-line was shaky a 2nd week...they played well later in the game when they really needed it, but it is a little concerning how much they have struggled the past 2 weeks overall. Not a good sign with Miami's D coming to town.

Defense was a beast though...did the Charges O even cross the pats 40 yard line in the 2nd half?

Tom Penny

Defense was a beast though...did the Charges O even cross the pats 40 yard line in the 2nd half?

I believe the longest drive was the Browner personal foul but then Rivers threw a pick literally to Ayers.

Miami has given up 220 rushing yards a game over their last 3. I can't wait for Mcdaniels ass backwards approach.

Crisco

Banned
How are the 49ers so bad? They have as much pure talent as any team in the league and have a great HC. Is it purely Kaepernick? The injuries/suspensions? Harbaugh drama? Why and how?

Colasante

Grossi said that Manziel didn't get to the game until 2 hours before kickoff, which probably explains why Pettine never considered a switch.

e: ESPN Insider from Sando, postulates that Baalke's guy to replace Harbs could be Eric Mangini. Worked together before. Sando says there is 0% chance Harbs is back (duh)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...fl?ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_Sando_HotSeatCoaches

belichick-laughing-o.gif

Good luck with that, 49ers. The Mangenius will be yours.

linkboy

If mangini gets the head coaching job, I'm done with the 49ers (and I've been a fan since the late 80's.

Dude is a terrible coach.

I so utterly dread the idea of having to watch Marcus Mariota in Lovie Smith's offense next season. I hope the Eagles trade up for him just to spare us that.

It'll be like the early 00s when everyone tried to make Vick a pocket passer.

Man, if prime Vick played today he'd probably be disgustingly good.

Doomsayer

How are the 49ers so bad? They have as much pure talent as any team in the league and have a great HC. Is it purely Kaepernick? The injuries/suspensions? Harbaugh drama? Why and how?

The team has no passion right now. Seems like everyone is sabotaging one another. There are few players playing with any type of fire; Gore, Justin Smith, Borland, Hyde, Boldin. That is really it.

It seems a lot of them know it's a lost year and have packed it in. The playcalling is cheeks, but even then Kap has looked frustrated and easily rattled. Since the Rams game his fundamentals have been absolute garbage. Talent wise this is a top 5 squad, but it just isn't clicking right now.

I think a lot of it has to do with all the internal distractions and media going in on them. Harbaugh almost got traded, suspensions, injuries, Jed York tweeting after Thanksgiving, the team is just out of sync and reeks of garbage. It sucks we are going to lose one of the best coaches in the league over it.

Respect

Miami has given up 220 rushing yards a game over their last 3. I can't wait for Mcdaniels ass backwards approach.

Didn't realize they have been struggling that much against the run lately...55 dropbacks (mostly while nursing a one score lead) with 20 rushes confirmed.

Fox318

Mangini is a good coach who is great at player development.

And now he has experience coaching on the offensive side of the ball.

I wouldn't mind the Jets giving him another shot.

squicken

e: What I always read about Mangini was that he had problems dealing with people. Smart and very detailed, but too aloof when dealing with his players and staff

The team has no passion right now. Seems like everyone is sabotaging one another. There are few players playing with any type of fire; Gore, Justin Smith, Borland, Hyde, Boldin. That is really it.

It seems a lot of them know it's a lost year and have packed it in. The playcalling is cheeks, but even then Kap has looked frustrated and easily rattled. Since the Rams game his fundamentals have been absolute garbage. Talent wise this is a top 5 squad, but it just isn't clicking right now.

I think a lot of it has to do with all the internal distractions and media going in on them. Harbaugh almost got traded, suspensions, injuries, Jed York tweeting after Thanksgiving, the team is just out of sync and reeks of garbage. It sucks we are going to lose one of the best coaches in the league over it.

I thought York's tweet was such a stupid thing to do. I like that he is fully invested and wants to win, but as an owner he can't do that sort of thing. Even if it somewhat appeases the fans, it pisses off the team and coaches

Are we done with the mobile QBs? The QBs that can make spontaneous plays but don't learn subtleties and nuances from playing within the pocket because of their running abilities.

Like Eznark said I think we see teams realize that a guy like Russell Wilson who is both football smart and mobile is the ideal combo over someone who is purely an athlete like Kaepernick.

Then again I dunno, sports talent evaluators always value athleticism and upside over anything else because they're usually self confident and think that they can teach the other stuff.

What sucks for him is that he needs to be drafted by a team that can sit him for two years before he starts, but he'll likely be taken first by the Bucs and immediately thrown out there, get eaten alive, and become the butt of many jokes on GAF by November.

Nobody is sitting a first round QB for 2 years anymore. Not when guys like Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson come in and show what can be done.

njean777

The thing that gets me is why in the world would you want to get rid of Harbaugh? He got this team to 2 straight NFC playoffs 2 years in a row. What is happening in SF that they want to get rid of from what seems to me a good coach?

LevelNth

Banned
e: What I always read about Mangini was that he had problems dealing with people. Smart and very detailed, but too aloof when dealing with his players and staff

I thought York's tweet was such a stupid thing to do. I like that he is fully invested and wants to win, but as an owner he can't do that sort of thing. Even if it somewhat appeases the fans, it pisses off the team and coaches
I completely disagree. He pays them to do a job. This new found notion that multi-million dollar earning athletes need to be coddled and treated like they are still playing on a high school team needs to die a very quick death.

Didn't think it was possible, but man it sure would be crazy if the Raiders ended up with Harbaugh next year. Still not 100% sure he is the right guy, but there's no doubt he would be a great coach for Carr's development.

I feel like yesterday's game showed the direction that both teams are heading. Raiders moving on up, and Niners on the way down.

Respect

The thing that gets me is why in the world would you want to get rid of Harbaugh? He got this team to 2 straight NFC playoffs 2 years in a row. What is happening in SF that they want to get rid of from what seems to me a good coach?

Wonder if Harbaugh will end up similar to Parcells...great coach but either gets bored/wears out his welcome fairly quickly, but brings a lot of quick success. Big difference though is Parcells was acting GM at most of his stops...Harbaugh isn't doing that (yet).

2 years ago being one run play away from winning the Super Bowl
Now being called a chump by a Raiders player after being part of one of two teams to lose to them all year

Has anybody fell harder and faster than Colin Kaepernick?

Crisco

Banned

Yuck, that sounds awful. I imagine there will be some interesting comments from released or traded players after the season.

cashman

Banned
I haven't really heard many people say that he is incapable of playing smart football though. That was always the knock against Kap in college, and RGIII once he started working in an NFL system. I like Mariotta and think he can be a successful pass first quarterback.

I'm not saying anyone out of that system will fail, I'm saying that system itself will fail. You need to have quarterbacks who can dissect a football field with their own eyes.

But did his teammates attend his birthday party? (Just saw that Draft Day movie. It was a complete piece of shit, and insult to all non jets/Cowboys GMs.)

LevelNth

Banned
Wonder if Harbaugh will end up similar to Parcells...great coach but either gets bored/wears out his welcome fairly quickly, but brings a lot of quick success. Big difference though is Parcells was acting GM at most of his stops...Harbaugh isn't doing that (yet).
I can see this. Parcells was HC of what, four teams total I think? Longest would've been the Giants and that was only 6 years or so right?

eznark

Banned
So Dalton played well and the Bengals still got slaughtered. How does that happen? What the fuck happened in that game? I went into the mall at half time.

squicken

2 years ago being one run play away from winning the Super Bowl
Now being called a chump by a Raiders player after being part of one of two teams to lose to them all year

Has anybody fell harder and faster than Colin Kaepernick?

Sando also brought up the point that the next coach may not want to tailor an offense to Kaep's skill set. He may favor a pocket QB who is more advanced than Kaep as a passer

Top Bottom