• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

JNA

Banned
We're probably going to see a lot of players slipping in this game with the snow going on.

...hopefully it's the Falcons recievers and secondary that slips the most. XD

taco-bell-1-dollar-crunchwrap-sliders.jpg

taco-bell-blt-crunchwrap-slider.jpg

http://www.brandeating.com/2014/12/...oming-to-taco-bell-later-this-month.html#more

I hope they're back around for my short time back! :(

The regular Crunchwrap is the GOAT menu item at Taco Bell. Its like all 4 food groups for $2!

Greg

I find it hard to believe anyone who sees that Browner hit and thinks it should be illegal does so for any reason other than the usual "lolz pats sux." I'm not one to harp on about the good old days, but that's just the kind of hit someone takes in football. It wasn't helmet to helmet, it wasn't shoulder to helmet, it was shoulder to shoulder, with an intense whiplash. If Goodell has trained you to see that and honestly think that should be a flag, it's just sad.
PJALQwC.png

m5xrpbq.png

brentech

The hit browner made was definitely to the helmet. He might not have targeted the helmet, but he launched and got a piece of the helmet. That's all that matters. There is literally nothing else to be said.

cdyhybrid

So how did the Seahawks do what no other team has done against the Eagles at home? What's the secret?

"I don't think there's any secret," Seattle middle linebacker Bobby Wagner said. "There was a lot of talk about their fast-paced offense, but it doesn't matter. No matter how fast they ran a play, we were just on it. We knew what plays were coming and it's a pretty basic offense. Their offense is kind of predictable. They have a lot of plays where they can only run one way. We were ready for everything they had."

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-sea...ks-defense-too-fast-for-the-fast-paced-eagles

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Jnc at Kas yesterday bragging about Staffords stats against the Bears and Bucs. Never change you delusional fuck.

Stay mad. We have a franchise QB who'll make life hell for your dysfunctional franchise for the next decade.

Stafford would start on 28 of the 32 teams in the league sans the Packers, Patriots, Broncos and Saints. And those last three have QBs on there way out (hell I'd personally start him over Brees) due to age.

Matthew Stafford is an elite quarterback in terms of acumen, arm strength, pocket presence etc. He's everything you want out of a QB.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Drakeon

Stay mad. We have a franchise QB who'll make life hell for your dysfunctional franchise for the next decade.

Stafford would start on 28 of the 32 teams in the league sans the Packers, Patriots, Broncos and Saints. And those last three have QBs on there way out (hell I'd personally start him over Brees) due to age.

Matthew Stafford is an elite quarterback in terms of acumen, arm strength, pocket presence etc. He's everything you want out of a QB.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Man, I sure wish I could be as delusional about the niners as you are about the lions. Must be nice being just so disconnected from reality all the time.

tmdorsey

Restore the Roar 2014.

I wouldn't take Stafford over Ryan.

Man, I sure wish I could be as delusional about the niners as you are about the lions. Must be nice being just so disconnected from reality all the time.

You're a fool if you think Kas is a Lions fan. Don't let him fool you he's a Stafford fan first, and Lions fan 2nd. If Stafford was traded he would be nothing more than another Tabris.

Colasante

His shoulder hit his head/neck area.

The definition of unnecessary roughness:

"if a player illegally launches into a defenseless opponent. It is an illegal launch if a player
(1) leaves
both feet prior to contact to spring forward and upward into his opponent, and
(2) uses any part of his
helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) to initiate forcible contact against any
part of his opponent’s body."

Browner is a tall dude. He did not leave his feet to make the hit, and the hit was made with his shoulder, not his helmet. But okay, let's have the people in this thread who side against the Patriots 100 times out of 100 lay down the lawn on what is an illegal hit.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What am I supposed to be seeing here that proves this should be a penalized hit? Because I see this image, and it's clear that Browner's helmet is not touching Green's helmet.

"it wasn't shoulder to helmet"

That you're completely fucking delusional.

neoemonk

Are you not familiar with kas?

Nah, I only swing through here on occasion.

So the Pack have been dominant at home this year, and the Lions haven't won there since 1991. Is this the longest losing streak in one venue? Probably the longest current one at least. I googled around a little but could only find team losing streaks.

The definition of unnecessary roughness:

"if a player illegally launches into a defenseless opponent. It is an illegal launch if a player
(1) leaves
both feet prior to contact to spring forward and upward into his opponent, and
(2) uses any part of his
helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) to initiate forcible contact against any
part of his opponent’s body."

Browner is a tall dude. He did not leave his feet to make the hit, and the hit was made with his shoulder, not his helmet. But okay, let's have the people in this thread who side against the Patriots 100 times out of 100 lay down the lawn on what is an illegal hit.

Yea can you imagine Kam Chancellor (6"3) leading with his shoulder against Danny Woodhead (5"8)?

I mean Danny's head is only up to his shoulder. So he can't tackle him at all? Or you rather he dives low? I think people can tell the difference between someone going for a big hit or someone like Brandon Meriweather who's just head hunting out there.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Stafford starting over Russell? :kas

Russell is solid but if Stafford has that running game and defense he gets just as far.

Look at Golden Tates stats this year as opposed to when he was a Seahawk. Wilson has a different, obviously more mobile version of the game but I'd still take a traditional pocket passer over the more mobile QB in the league.

Stafford is IMO the best traditional pocket passer in the league under 30. Luck is the only one that comes close but even his passing ability is subpar compared to Staffords IMO.

niners held the eagles offense scoreless and we were playing with quite a few backups so the eagles offense isn't really difficult to stop. they didn't even cross the 50 yard line against us until 4 mins left in the 4th quarrter.

they depend on defenses either getting worn out or getting confused because of the hurry up. if you're in good shape and have somewhat smart players then there isn't really any difference from other offenses. it still comes down to the eagles players beating their guys or not beating them. against the seachickens they didn't, so their offense stagnated.

Top Bottom