• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

cdyhybrid

Kam, Sherman, and Dougie fresh went on twitter and said that call was bull shit.

Kam does the same thing all the time... can you imagine a short receiver running into Kam's shoulder while ducking? Well no shit it's going to be at his head... cause he's ducking into it.

Yeah, he's not ducking though. I don't think it should be a flag, but I don't think it's the most outrageous call ever.

Ehhhh, I dunno. He does contact the helmet with his shoulder (you can see it snap back). Don't think it was intentional but I'm not surprised they'd flag that.

Davis his head snaps back as well from the Kam hit, but that's just because it's like getting hit by a truck.

I like Kam

Yeah, he's not ducking though. I don't think it should be a flag, but I don't think it's the most outrageous call ever.

I know but I'm just saying eventually there's going to be a day when Kam leads with his "BAM (the shoulder tatoo) and some idiot is going to run head first into it and hurt himself. Of course we going to get flag 15 yards for it.

gdzM8n2.png

Tom Penny

Blow up a player and it'll get flagged, helmet or no.

Same thing happened with Mike Mitchell (#23) against the Rats earlier this season.

InnocentNauticalBighornsheep.gif

Emmanuel Sanders got blown up yesterday for a flag but got no flag in St Louis when he was blown up and concussed. They don't know what they are calling.

cdyhybrid

They just need to allow those types of penalties to be reviewed. Stuff happens too fast and is too hard to see to consistently get it right.

Throw PI and related penalties in there while we're at it too.

TheFatOne

They just need to allow those types of penalties to be reviewed. Stuff happens too fast and is too hard to see to consistently get it right.

I want them to review these types of plays , but the review system has to be overhauled. It takes way to long to review a play. Should be like the college system or NHL.

Yea Simmons says Belichick ask for it every year in the meetings during the off season.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000439229/NFL-Turning-Point-Kam-Chancellor-film-study

Kam says if he hits him with the "BAM (tat on his shoulder) then he knows it's a legal clean hit.

Well Kam better get a memo before we get screwed because leading with the shoulder still can get 15...

Fantomex

I'm hoping someone can help me with an economics question.

I bought a iTunes gift card. I buy songs and apps. One day I decide to gift someone a song. Itunes charges my credit card for that song instead of taking it from my store credit. When I ask why, they say I can't gift a gift.

What difference does this make to a corporation?

Tom Penny

Belichick already wanted everything to be reviewed. They said no. Probably because dudes like Jeff Fisher never want to match wits with Belichick.

JABEE

It was a national primetime game, an egregious penalty, and it directly led to 7 points being taken off the board. Do you really believe the outrage is only because it happened to the Patriots? People have been decrying horrible officiating for every flag, every game, for the past five or so years, since the NFL became concerned about the concussion lawsuit and overcompensated with their officiating directives.

You're not allowed to hit a defenseless receiver like that. It wasn't exactly helmet-to-helmet, but he hit a defenseless receiver in the head/neck area to dislodge the ball. Browner rams his shoulder into his head/neck area.

This is how the game has been called all year. It happens to the Pats in prime-time and everyone wants to debate whether the league has gone too far. They've been trying to take that hit out of the game over the past few years. You aren't allowed to hit a defenseless receiver like that.

The referee was wrong about it being "helmet-to-helmet." but it was 100% a personal foul and no INT. Those are the rules now.

LJ11

Emmanuel Sanders got blown up yesterday for a flag but got no flag in St Louis when he was blown up and concussed. They don't know what they are calling.

So business as usual.

If you blow someone up you're likely to get flagged, you'll get away with it once in a while but more often than not you're getting flagged.

Not much you can do on some of these plays. You hit someone in the chest with your shoulder and he's going to whip his head back, violent hit. You go too low and you'll blow a guys leg out, you're dirty. Basically you have to go above the knee and below the chest, and that's not factoring how guys curl up when they're about to get hit so you get even less room to make a "clean" hit.

My only problem last night was the media nimrods going ape shit about it being a "clean" hit, then they'll turn around next week and lament how little the NFL does for ex-players who are suffering from football related injuries. Meanwhile you see these types of flags almost every week.

You're not allowed to hit a defenseless receiver like that. It wasn't exactly helmet-to-helmet, but he hit a defenseless receiver in the head/neck area to dislodge the ball. Browner rams his shoulder into his head/neck area.

This is how the game has been called all year. It happens to the Pats in prime-time and everyone wants to debate whether the league has gone too far. They've been trying to take that hit out of the game over the past few years. You aren't allowed to hit a defenseless receiver like that.

The referee was wrong about it being "helmet-to-helmet." but it was 100% a personal foul and no INT. Those are the rules now.

This piss me off even more than. How the fuck was he defenseless? Was he fucking blind folded? The only reason he was so called defenseless because he failed to catch the ball cleanly. So you want to reward him for bobbling the ball and not doing his job? Right? If he would of caught the ball clean and took 2 steps then he wouldn't have been so called defenseless correct?

Yes lets reward inept ball catching by WR!

Trey

That play the refs wanted to call contact to the head - it's why they threw the flag - but they saw that it was a clean hit, so they changed it to pass interference and covered it with an unsportsmanlike conduct call so no one would notice.

JABEE

So business as usual.

If you blow someone up you're likely to get flagged, you'll get away with it once in a while but more often than not you're getting flagged.

Not much you can do on some of these plays. You hit someone in the chest with your shoulder and he's going to whip his head back, violent hit. You go too low and you'll blow a guys leg out, you're dirty. Basically you have to go above the knee and below the chest, and that's not factoring how guys curl up when they're about to get hit so you get even less room to make a "clean" hit.

My only problem last night was the media nimrods going ape shit about it being a "clean" hit, then they'll turn around next week and lament how little the NFL does for ex-players who are suffering from football related injuries. Meanwhile you see these types of flags almost every week.

Exactly. There is no going back to the way things were before. I loved watching Dawkins hit people, but the NFL isn't going to retreat from their new rules about protecting players from concussions. It would look really, really bad.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
1 month later and Halo MCC is still broken? MS is seriously fucking up and killing a great online community.

I'm glad I've waited on all the consoles. At this point I'd probably get a Wii U. The fact Nintendo doesn't have voice communication in 2014 is ridiculous also but at least with them if I buy a game it won't be a buggy mess like a lot of what's being released on PS4 and XBO.

Trey

1 month later and Halo MCC is still broken? MS is seriously fucking up and killing a great online community.

I'm glad I've waited on all the consoles. At this point I'd probably get a Wii U. The fact Nintendo doesn't have voice communication in 2014 is ridiculous also but at least with them if I buy a game it won't be a buggy mess like a lot of what's being released on PS4 and XBO.

no lies detected

Crisco

Banned
Brees and Payton really are scum. The Panthers completely stopped trying after running out the 3rd quarter, nothing but run plays up the middle and punts. The Saints? Brees in shotgun formation getting his receivers killed on vertical routes. In a 41-3 game. And people think Bounty Gate was masterminded by a defensive coordinator lol

MechDX

“@AdamSchefter: It's the one-year anniversary of the last time a Chiefs WR caught a touchdown pass...” Incredible

:jnc

Fox318

@janesports
Geno Smith: "It's almost exciting to think about all the room for improvement that we have." #Jets #NFL

Will he be the team janitor on the team when that happens?

What happened to Geno "I'm gonna fire my agent because I'm not the number 1 pick" Smith?

RBH

B4W75rFIMAAQu5J.jpg

His official return to Lambeau Field won't happen until next season but if Monday's event was any indication, Brett Favre will be welcomed back by Green Bay Packers fans.

Favre, who spoke during a fundraiser Monday at a local restaurant that bears his name, ended a 30-minute presentation along with Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young with five words.

"It's exciting to be back," Favre said in his first public appearance in Green Bay since he retired from the NFL in 2010. At that point someone from the crowd of several hundred people shouted: "Welcome home, Brett."

What followed was a standing ovation. Favre's return to Green Bay -- even if only for a couple of hours -- sent a buzz through the NFL's smallest city.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...brett-favre-standing-ovation-return-green-bay

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Are you people seriously still trying to say this is a legal hit? Seriously? Launches, goes high, makes contact to the head. Helmet to helmet was NOT the call.

Guess all Pats ignore the rules until the league actually decides to call one against them.

Top Bottom