• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

Sanjuro

I remember some old douchebag friend from high school who saw JP3, and wanted everyone to see it because it made up for the shitty sequel.

:jnc

Same person shit on Unbreakable. That fucker.

Luckily, I don't remember much from it. I remember a kid fighting dinosaurs, someone falling off a waterfall, and William H. Macy.

At least Lost World had Best Goldblum.

Lost World has that fucking awesome scene with the Rexes knocking the trailers over the cliff and as you say, Goldblum. That makes up for the annoying daughter and dumbass gymnastics killing a raptor.

Plus the late, great Pete Postlethwaite is a stone cold badass in the movie.

On the other hand Jurassic Park also has an annoying kid, William H. Macy and Tea Leoni are so goddamn irritating, also are we supposed to believe Macy managed to bag Tea Leoni? It also had Grant's dumbass para sailing assistant and raptors being so confused by sound produced from a plastic tube that they forget to kill everyone.

Sanjuro

Lost World has that fucking awesome scene with the Rexes knocking the trailers over the cliff and as you say, Goldblum. That makes up for the annoying daughter and dumbass gymnastics killing a raptor.

Plus the late, great Pete Postlethwaite is a stone cold badass in the movie.

On the other hand Jurassic Park also has an annoying kid, William H. Macy and Tea Leoni are so goddamn irritating, also are we supposed to believe Macy managed to bag Tea Leoni? It also had Grant's dumbass para sailing assistant and raptors being so confused by sound produced from a plastic tube that they forget to kill everyone.

I mean...I don't think I really consider Lost World to be overall complete shit. It kind of felt like Gremlins 2 to Gremlins for me. There were plenty of things that were fun about it.

I didn't care for Lost World but to it's credit I haven't seen it in probably a decade.

JP3 has Tea Leoni being smoking but then it goes downhill from there. The worst thing is they turn the dinosaurs into super intelligent movie monsters at the end with a dumb morality tale about the forbidden egg. Awful.

Lost World was hot garbage, didn't see JP3 at all, and the trailer for this new one leaves me less than hopeful. That fucking part with
Pratt and the raptor gang
had me WTF-ing at the computer monitor.

I thought Die Hard With a Vengenace was a pretty damn good third movie. Ending sucked, but Bruce and Sam Jackson made a damn fine duo.

Plus Die Hard Trilogy on PSOne had that driving section

dht2.png

Sanjuro

I thought Die Hard With a Vengenace was a pretty damn good third movie. Ending sucked, but Bruce and Sam Jackson made a damn fine duo.

For me it's just the first Die Hard film...then whatever the other films attempted and failed at reconstructing.

The only truly awful one is that last one that came out. My God...

the worst 3rd movie is obviously god father 3 but dark knight rises was pretty bad. both movies had a lot to live up to and both failed miserably. lets never speak of either again

Farooq

Banned
Yes and No. Injuries and mental/confidence issues have had a big effect on Griffin, as has lack of making proper development and adjustments. But coaching is also a part of that, and that's on Gruden. Also my issues with Gruden aren't just RG3, but that the whole team is crap and that's on him. All of this drama with RG3 has masked the fact that this team is 3 and fucking 9 and, even though Gruden was brought in as some kind of offensive/QB guru, the offense has been garbage all year. Was reading on a blog earlier that this offense is 1-39 on 3rd and longs this year. ONE FOR THIRTY NINE ON CONVERTING THIRD AND LONGS. This team is terrible and Gruden has been trying to get a pass on that by turning RG3 into a scapegoat and making this season about Robert.

I don't know if Gruden is using RG3 as a scapegoat, but what I do see at least offensively (fyi I only looked at the All-22 for 2 games that Cousins started and a couple Griffin started) is that both quarterbacks would have solid protection with receivers open and wouldn't see it. Both quarterbacks would miss things on plays that were great play calls by Gruden and the play would end in incompletion or sometimes an interception. Gruden would call route concepts that are designed to beat certain coverages, they get the defense they want and both QBs wouldn't execute.

I have not watched any games of Colt McCoy besides the tv broadcast of the Washington/Dallas game. And I didn't look at the All-22 of the that game because that week I essentially thought the season was over and Romo was done for the season. So I can't speak about the offense with him at quarterback.

I don't know...I think Gruden is a great offensive mind, unfortunately he doesn't have a quarterback that can execute his offense.

JABEE

This is hilarious

Widener had never lost an NCAA playoff football game at home.

Until Saturday.

And after Sam Riddle tossed five touchdowns, including four during a first-half downpour, to help Linfield College of Oregon demolish the previously undefeated Pride, 45-7, in a Division III national quarterfinal Saturday at Quick Stadium in Chester, Widener's coach had some strong words for the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles.

"Make sure you put in the paper that we thank Chip Kelly and I hope the Seahawks do well tomorrow," Widener coach Mike Kelly said. "He was helping them out. Maybe somebody in Philadelphia ought to buy him a map so he knows where he lives now. But, go Seahawks."

Chip Kelly, who led Oregon to the 2011 BCS national championship game, allowed Linfield to practice at the NovaCare Complex.

He also stopped by the indoor practice bubble Friday, along with Eagles quarterbacks coach Bill Musgrave, a former Oregon quarterback, to wish the Wildcats good luck, according to a photo and caption posted on the school's Instagram account.

"That was a neat opportunity for us," Linfield coach Joseph Smith said. "Knowing Coach Kelly from his Oregon days and the connection there, so it was great to have him let us come out there and practice. That was fantastic."

What advice did Chip Kelly give?

"Well, he really couldn't," Smith said, "because of the rules that they have with the NFL. He wasn't able to come out and talk to the team. He wanted to. He thought about coming to the game today. He might have slipped in. You never know. He's pretty sneaky with that. But he's a great coach and we couldn't have been happier to have him out there."
No. 11 Linfield (11-1), which stunned No. 2 Mary Hardin-Baylor last weekend to reach the quarterfinals for the third consecutive season, led Widener, 28-7, at halftime and closed the game with 31 unanswered points. The Wildcats advance to play No. 1 Wisconsin-Whitewater, a 37-33 winner against Wartburg, in a national semifinal Saturday, at a time and location to be determined. Linfield last reached the semis in 2009.

No. 10 Widener (12-1) was undefeated through 12 games for the third time in team history and had been 7-0 all-time in playoff games in Chester, including victories the last two weeks against No. 22 Muhlenberg and Christopher Newport.

Mike Kelly, in his first season at Widener, has more than 30 years of coaching experience, including in the NFL. He was a scout and offensive assistant coach for the Eagles from 2001 to 2002, served on the Redskins staff from 2003 to '05, and was with the Giants in 2010.

He said he had never before crossed paths with Chip Kelly.

"One year in Sports Illustrated he was 'hot' and I was 'not,' but other than that . . ." he said with a laugh. "He was at Oregon and I was the head coach of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. . . . Obviously, I've been with the Eagles . . . and I don't know if Chip knows it or not, but his secretary's husband is a Widener grad, so he probably ought to figure out where he's living now."

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/?wss=/philly/sports/colleges/&id=284983461

Lol.

Yes and No. Injuries and mental/confidence issues have had a big effect on Griffin, as has lack of making proper development and adjustments. But coaching is also a part of that, and that's on Gruden. Also my issues with Gruden aren't just RG3, but that the whole team is crap and that's on him. All of this drama with RG3 has masked the fact that this team is 3 and fucking 9 and, even though Gruden was brought in as some kind of offensive/QB guru, the offense has been garbage all year. Was reading on a blog earlier that this offense is 1-39 on 3rd and longs this year. ONE FOR THIRTY NINE ON CONVERTING THIRD AND LONGS. This team is terrible and Gruden has been trying to get a pass on that by turning RG3 into a scapegoat and making this season about Robert.

This may actually be the first time that Snyder being Snyder might actually improve the team.

Its kind of an ends justifies the means sort of thing. Yes, Snyder wants to protect his boy and loves Griffin. That's terrible ownership. On the other hand, I will take Griffin looking like shit and proving he's just not the same next year if it means this entire coaching staff gets the axe and we get a new GM.

You take another year of RGIII all day for a regime swap at this point I think. I don't know if its an either/or situation, but I would certainly side with Griffin over Gruden at this point for a number of reasons if I had to choose.

So I don't know...I think Gruden is a great offensive mind, unfortunately he doesn't have a quarterback that can execute his offense.

He's 0/3 on decent offensive production in regards to QB's. Is he really that unlucky, are these guys really THAT bad, or is there something else?

From what I've seen none of these guys is going to lead you to the playoffs, but there's a level of inadequacy here that just seems very difficult to fix by simply plugging in an above average QB.

effzee

I don't know if Gruden is using RG3 as a scapegoat, but what I do see at least offensively (fyi I only looked at the All-22 for 2 games that Cousins started and a couple Griffin started) is that both quarterbacks would have solid protection with receivers open and wouldn't see it. Both quarterbacks would miss things on plays that were great play calls by Gruden and the play would end in incompletion or sometimes an interception. Gruden would call route concepts that are designed to beat certain coverages, they get the defense they want and both QBs wouldn't execute.

I have not watched any games of Colt McCoy besides the tv broadcast of the Washington/Dallas game. And I didn't look at the All-22 of the that game because that week I essentially thought the season was over and Romo was done for the season. So I can't speak about the offense with him at quarterback.

I don't know...I think Gruden is a great offensive mind, unfortunately he doesn't have a quarterback that can execute his offense.

Great offensive mind based on what? Developing Dalton?

No doubt RG3 is playing scared but there is obvious talent there. Its up to him and a coaching staff to bring it out of him. Its fine if Gruden doesn't think he can do it, wants to bench RG3, and wants to move on but I have never seen a first time coach so hell bent on throwing his QB under the bus. And publicly in the media. I mean don't we expect coaches to do this behind the scenes or with upper management?

Bill Simmons' mentioned on his last podcast how he gets a ton of emails from Jags fans every week wanting him to comment on how old Blake Bortles looks and I never realized it until looking at his pic:

i

This guy is 22? He looks older than half the coaches in the NFL.

bionic77

Better third movies than DKR:

BTTF III
Return of the King
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Toy Story 3
Naked Gun 33 11/3
Die Hard With a Vengeance
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Alien 3
Army of Darkness
Mad Max: Beyond the Thunderdome
Bourne Ultimatum
Return of the Jedi
Major League: Back to the Minors
Transporter 3
The World's End
Predators
Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3
Karate Kid 3
Jaws 3-D
Rambo 3
Police Academy 3
Lethal Weapon 3
Superman 3 (provided the plot for Office Space which makes it great)
Mission Impossible III
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (Was this the third movie in the series? Can't remember)
Debbie Does Dallas 3
Red Shoe Diaries 3
Rocky III
Pretty much anything else with a 3 in the title.

In Nolan's defence, DKR isn't quite as bad as Smokey and the Bandit 3.
This is the worst list in the history of the universe.

This is worse than the secret lists of people to be killed by Hitler and Stalin.

This is worse than the list of people Gata is going to get when he is old enough to be a serial killer.

Everyone and everything that led to you being the person you currently are has failed.

Mr. Boban, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Farooq

Banned
Great offensive mind based on what? Developing Dalton?

No doubt RG3 is playing scared but there is obvious talent there. Its up to him and a coaching staff to bring it out of him. Its fine if Gruden doesn't think he can do it, wants to bench RG3, and wants to move on but I have never seen a first time coach so hell bent on throwing his QB under the bus. And publicly in the media. I mean don't we expect coaches to do this behind the scenes or with upper management?

Based on play design and adapting to defensive coverages.

I don't know if RG3 is talented right now. Dude has atrocious foot work and pocket presence, erratic with his drops, can't read defenses, can't throw with anticipation. His shitty footwork is the reason why he is so inaccurate. Nuanced stuff but things needed to play in NFL. Raw athleticism and throwing a good deep ball doesn't mean shit to me.

Bread said:
al is that you?

Nah Ghost Al is working on a trade to bring RG3 to the Raiders.

He's got sprinter speed!

Bill Simmons' mentioned on his last podcast how he gets a ton of emails from Jags fans every week wanting him to comment on how old Blake Bortles looks and I never realized it until looking at his pic:

i

This guy is 22? He looks older than half the coaches in the NFL.

If you told me Pete Carroll grew up with Blake Bortles, I'd believe you.

But he's making major figures to throw a football while getting to bang that girl with a pretty face and tig ol bitties so all power to him

Based on play design and adapting to defensive coverages.

I don't know if RG3 is talented right now. Dude has atrocious foot work and pocket presence, erratic with his drops, can't read defenses, can't throw with anticipation. His shitty footwork is the reason why he is so inaccurate. Nuanced stuff but things needed to play in NFL. Raw athleticism and throwing a good deep ball doesn't mean shit to me.

He may not even have the athleticism anymore honestly

But it's less about RGIII being good or bad and more about not letting Gruden being the guy who ends up making that call I think, because he's been an atrocious coach thus far.

Top Bottom