• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

JABEE

And that's what I'm saying. If you score a TD here you have the right to bitch and moan all you want and I wouldn't say shit. But if Kaep throws a pick then I guess it didn't even matter?
That's not how strategy and play-calling works. It's like talking about baseball like runners on base don't matter or scores don't matter in pitch selection, hitting.

GG Bronco Bros. Quite an exciting game up to Rivers' gifts lol

GG to you too.

Manning's injury might be pretty bad. All of the deep plays he had I feel were actually under thrown balls where the receiver adjusted before the DB realized it was under thrown. I imagine we'll be heavily relying on the run game the final couple of games.

JCizzle

Dumpster-Fire.jpg

Purdy

Congrats seatle

Couldn't beat you at home in a fair game, didn't fucking stand a chance here with absolutely dreadful calls on all 3 of your scoring drives.

Badosh

gg Lions.

That being said, i hope Vikings can win out to be .500 on the season.

Zimmer did a good job with the team this year.

Dude they still haven't scored. This has been an issue all year so I don't know how you think we'd be in position to win. If the Niners don't have the lead going into the 4th quarter, they've basically already lost.
How many times in the last two years have we seen the refs make monumental errors? It's not even about this game, it's how inconsistent nfl refs are. This shouldn't happen in a multi billion dollar league.

KaYotiX

Banned
Green Bay should be able to win the last 2 games, I just want Green bay to get hot before the playoffs. Hopefully it starts with next week against the Bucs

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The Vikings had no idea what they were doing at the end there. No experience at any level of the team for such a situation. Doesn't help their kicker isn't reliable either.

see5harp

It's hard to blame the receivers when Kaep doesn't even give them a chance. I can't imagine how soul sucking it must be to be a receiver on this team. You run like 40 patterns a day and might get thrown to once. I wonder if Kaep even looked at some of the receivers today.

That's not how strategy and play-calling works. It's like talking about baseball like runners on base don't matter or scores don't matter in pitch selection, hitting.

But they weren't playing for the FG. They were playing for the TD either way so play selection shouldn't have change. It was the same GOAL. Like I understand if it was a different goal ex up by 2 or up by 4.

See when you're down by 2 you can play for the FG, but when you're down by 4 you can not play for the FG and thus play for the TD. So in that scenario you have different desires/goals. < Therefor your play selection will be different, however being down by 6 and 10 you're still going for the TD. Now you can make a point they could of played for 2 FG but that only applies when they are within FG range, they weren't their yet so in reality it's still the same desired outcome and thus the play call wouldn't have change.The variables weren't change either way they were playing for 7 from their side of the 50 and the play calling shouldn't have been altered.

Overlooked part of this game is how the injuries affected the 9ers blitz pickups. It was horrible the second half.

Irvin somehow went from overrated on the D last year to underrated. He contained Kap when he was given the spy role all game.

Top Bottom