• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

I still have no clue why the 49'ers are getting rid of jim. Seems dumb to me.

i love harbs but when i look at our offense someone has to be responsible for that. he is a very stubborn guy and there is no way in todays NFL we should be AVERAGING 7-ish points per game in the past 3 games.... i mean that can't happen. i understand what he has done is insanely successful but i just don't understand the offensive philosophy. you can blame kap, the oline, whatever. but that does fall on the coach

gg seachickens fans. i now fear a nightmare scenario where the seachickens and packers play in the NFC title game. on one hand, the seachickens are a divisional opponent and i wish nothing but the worst. on the other hand, i've hated the packers for longer. but on the THIRD hand, i like marshawn and wussle is a polite gentleman. save me some other NFC team! even the cards!

It's going to be so hard to hate your team after you force Jim out and go 2-14 for the next decade =(.

Godslay

Banned
These are always fun.

6vfvnUs.gif

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
i love harbs but when i look at our offense someone has to be responsible for that. he is a very stubborn guy and there is no way in todays NFL we should be AVERAGING 7-ish points per game in the past 3 games.... i mean that can't happen. i understand what he has done is insanely successful but i just don't understand the offensive philosophy. you can blame kap, the oline, whatever. but that does fall on the coach

Can we talk about what happens in the second half of every single game (including games we in)? Forty-niners have been badly outplayed in every single 2nd half this year. That is purely on the coaches. It means one team makes adjustments and the other one can not.

JCizzle

Yep...

He could have fired Roman weeks ago like his bro did, but he refuses. I respect the guy for what he's done, but you reap what you sow.

cdyhybrid

If they were smart they'd fire Roman. We'll see if Harbs is willing to drop his friend though.

Afrikan

gg seachickens fans. i now fear a nightmare scenario where the seachickens and packers play in the NFC title game. on one hand, the seachickens are a divisional opponent and i wish nothing but the worst. on the other hand, i've hated the packers for longer. but on the THIRD hand, i like marshawn and wussle is a polite gentleman. save me some other NFC team! even the cards!

I used to think it was the Packers that I hated all these years...but it actually stemmed from Brett Farve that whole time. Ever since he left I don't mind them much, especially with Rodgers being on the team.

Rodgers for his second Super Bowl ring it is.

iori9999

Banned
Ugly win.

It's officially time for Lombardi to go. Not this season obviously, but he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he should be an OC in the NFL. He reminds me of Walter Sobchak: he has one plan (Saints offense w/big threat TE), and if that doesn't work he's fucked. He's not really getting our multitude of "weapons" involved, he's still asking Stafford to wait too long for routes to open (behind a bad o-line), he can't get easy yard plays consistently, etc. Get him out of here. And Reggie Bush.

This defense is the only reason we might get into the playoffs. And at this rate we're gonna get bounced no matter who we play.

I agree he reminds me of Mike Martz with those long developing routes and minimal protection. His run plays are very obvious as well.. Any average defense will shut that down. And yes Reggie Bush has always been a mediocre running back, but atleast serviceable at times(which he is not anymore).. I really think he has hit the RB wall and is done in the NFL ala LT, Shaun Alexander and Michael Turner.. Also Ross sucks, I think the Lions should draft a slot receiver/returner in the draft next year in the 4-6th rounds and get him to replace this bum.

njean777

He has taken you to the play offs for the last three years, one bad year is kind of jumping the gun to me.

How do they have the tiebreaker? You mean if they win week 17?

God I hate these stupid Tiebreaker rules.

Yeah for division it goes
1. Head to Head
2. Division recors
3. Record vs common opponent
4. Conference record

I always though conference record was before common opponent but I was wrong

offtopic

If they were smart they'd fire Roman. We'll see if Harbs is willing to drop his friend though.

I've been saying fire Roman since about halfway through last season when it was obvious he wasn't getting it done and the NFL had caught up to how their system works and what plays they were going to call.

The problem is that I'm not sure if Roman and Harbaugh can be separated when it comes to the system of calling plays...it is Harbaugh's thing. Roman makes it worse by calling poor plays but this is a situation where both are at fault. I can't see Harbaugh using a different system no matter the coordinator.

Via NFL Nation

Observed and heard in the locker room after the Pittsburgh Steelers' 27-20 win over the Atlanta Falcons at the Georgia Dome:
The Steelers’ final road game of the regular season seemed like a home contest at times – and the players and coaches noticed. “I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention Steeler Nation,” coach Mike Tomlin said after the Steelers improved to 9-5. “They were special in the building today. We are used to seeing it, but it never gets old. Terrible Towel-waving fans were noticeably loud -- whether Steelers players were trotting onto the field for pregame warm-ups or the Steelers were making a big play on offense or defense. Steelers fans were loud enough that some of the Falcons players were asked if they felt like they had a home-field advantage Sunday.

#AtlantaSports

I agree he reminds me of Mike Martz with those long developing routes and minimal protection. His run plays are very obvious as well.. Any average defense will shut that down. And yes Reggie Bush has always been a mediocre running back, but atleast serviceable at times(which he is not anymore).. I really think he has hit the RB wall and is done in the NFL ala LT, Shaun Alexander and Michael Turner.. Also Ross sucks, I think the Lions should draft a slot receiver/returner in the draft next year in the 4-6th rounds and get him to replace this bum.

That's fine but Ross should stay since he's a somewhat decent kick returner.

Kiryu

Where's your signature?

Yes I mean this
"Niner biiiiiiiiitch!"

offtopic

Also, what is the 49er average starting field position in the second half of games that last 8 weeks? Maybe their own 8 yard line? I mean, just complete ineptitude.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
How do they have the tiebreaker? You mean if they win week 17?

God I hate these stupid Tiebreaker rules.
They don't. The only way Lions and Packers end in a tie at the end of the season is if one loses next week and then wins the match-up in week 17. But either way Lions would win that tie breaker either due to head to head (if they win) or conference games (if Packers win but also lose to TB).

It still all comes down to week 17. Unless the Packers choke next week against the Bucs

You don't leave a brother! And I saw a 49ers fan who did a write up breaking down the 49ers play calling and it wasn't that bad. It was just Kaep missing a whole bunch of throws like he did today. He overshot like 4 guys, and undershot 1 or 2. If he hit those plays I don't know pretty close game.
They don't. The only way Lions and Packers end in a tie at the end of the season is if one loses next week and then wins the match-up in week 17. But either way Lions would win that tie breaker either due to head to head (if they win) or conference games (if Packers win but also lose to TB).

It still all comes down to week 17. Unless the Packers choke next week against the Bucs

It's hard to lose to a team that's trying to lose.

cdyhybrid

You don't leave a brother! And I saw a 49ers fan who did a write up breaking down the 49ers play calling and it wasn't that bad. It was just Kaep missing a how bunch of throws like he did today. He overshot like 4 guys, and undershot 1 or 2. If he hit those plays I don't know pretty close game.
Kaep has flaws but he could do better in a better system. IRG3 actually looked like an NFL QB for a season.

JCizzle

Kaep has flaws but he could do better in a better system. IRG3 actually looked like an NFL QB for a season.

RG3 put up 65% completion, 3200 yards, and a 20 TD / 5 INT ratio his first (!!!) year. He was better than just a regular QB until Shanny ruined him.

JCizzle

I doubt it will happen, but Jed should just fire Harbs tonight (assuming, of course, that's the plan the day after our last game). I really don't give a shit about some middling pick that will cost us days/weeks in our coaching search. He and Baalke are out of their minds if they think it will be more than a 5th/6th at this point.

Dolphin fans keep bringing up rex Ryan as a possible HC. Why?

I hope philbin is gone next season. We need a coach where we progress, not remain stagnant like the past three seasons.

Top Bottom