• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

JABEE

But they weren't playing for the FG. They were playing for the TD either way so play selection shouldn't have change. It was the same GOAL. Like I understand if it was a different goal ex up by 2 or up by 4.

See when you're down by 2 you can play for the FG, but when you're down by 4 you can not play for the FG and thus play for the TD. So in that scenario you have different desires/goals. < Therefor your play selection will be different, however being down by 6 and 10 you're still going for the TD. Now you can make a point they could of played for 2 FG but that only applies when they are within FG range, they weren't their yet so in reality it's still the same desired outcome and thus the play call wouldn't have change.The variables weren't change either way they were playing for 7 from their side of the 50 and the play calling shouldn't have been altered.
When you're down by 10, you can send rushers more. It also changes whether you can run the ball or not on that second possession.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Green Bay should be able to win the last 2 games, I just want Green bay to get hot before the playoffs. Hopefully it starts with next week against the Bucs
Problem is, and I know this is a ways off, Packers play way differently on the road and it could be that a win in week 17 doesn't keep them from visiting Ford Field, where Rodgers has had his ass kicked for two straight trips.

Goat of the game = Reggie Bush..

I think part of the reason for Bush's play is that due to his injuries he's just not in on a lot of the plays so he can't really get any rhythm going. I have this sneaky feeling he may heat up at the right time if he can stay on the field. I'm not giving up on him yet. Not with his ability.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Problem is, and I know this is a ways off, Packers play way differently on the road and it could be that a win in week 17 doesn't keep them from visiting Ford Field, where Rodgers has had his ass kicked for two straight trips.
If the Packers win week 17, the Lions will be a wild card and no one will visit Ford Field.

When you're down by 10, you can send rushers more. It also changes whether you can run the ball or not on that second possession.

I give you that (on 49ers more run options, but still 3rd string RB or 4th?), but we never change the way we play on D. And from what we saw 49ers weren't speeding it up anyways.

iori9999

Banned
I think Kas even notices I'm giving Stafford the benefit here! I should be ripping him also, but I think I'll spew my fire towards Bush... And maybe the trophy's grandson..

cajunator

Banned
I think Kas even notices I'm giving Stafford the benefit here! I should be ripping him also, but I think I'll spew my fire towards Bush... And maybe the trophy's grandson..

Bush has never really been anything else. Im not sure what people expect from him at this point.

1. GB has the tiebreaker(I ran through the scenario in the playoff machine)

2. Rodgers was hurt in the Thanksgiving game last year

JCizzle

I swear to fucking God if the Niners hire a defensive guy to fix this offensive mess, Jed is further gone than I ever imagined.

cdyhybrid

Eliminated the Niners from the playoffs and we're gonna make them fire the best coach they've had since Bill Walsh. What a great day.

gg seachickens fans. i now fear a nightmare scenario where the seachickens and packers play in the NFC title game. on one hand, the seachickens are a divisional opponent and i wish nothing but the worst. on the other hand, i've hated the packers for longer. but on the THIRD hand, i like marshawn and wussle is a polite gentleman. save me some other NFC team! even the cards!

see5harp

I am willing to accept that the injuries on defense and the o-line hurt the Niners this year, but to be that bad on offense with so many weapons is just hard to process. At the end of the day, their offense has sucked for the better part of 3 years.

I swear to fucking God if the Niners hire a defensive guy to fix this offensive mess, Jed is further gone than I ever imagined.

what is funny about that is that if you look at our redzone numbers with singletary we were amongst the best in the league. we could just never get there :(

maybe we'll hire singletary as an offensive assistant! we already have like 300 offensive coaches, whats one more!

Ugly win.

It's officially time for Lombardi to go. Not this season obviously, but he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he should be an OC in the NFL. He reminds me of Walter Sobchak: he has one plan (Saints offense w/big threat TE), and if that doesn't work he's fucked. He's not really getting our multitude of "weapons" involved, he's still asking Stafford to wait too long for routes to open (behind a bad o-line), he can't get easy yard plays consistently, etc. Get him out of here. And Reggie Bush.

This defense is the only reason we might get into the playoffs. And at this rate we're gonna get bounced no matter who we play.

gg seachickens fans. i now fear a nightmare scenario where the seachickens and packers play in the NFC title game. on one hand, the seachickens are a divisional opponent and i wish nothing but the worst. on the other hand, i've hated the packers for longer. but on the THIRD hand, i like marshawn and wussle is a polite gentleman. save me some other NFC team! even the cards!

We got you bro.

Panthers-Lions NFCCG in Detroit on deck

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I am willing to accept that the injuries on defense and the o-line hurt the Niners this year, but to be that bad on offense with so many weapons is just hard to process. At the end of the day, their offense has sucked for the better part of 3 years.

Yes, I (we) have been saying it since last year...the entire offensive system and specific play calls are junior high level stuff. Beyond terrible.

Top Bottom