• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

or they can win out and hope DET or GB loses next week (they play each other week 17).

Basically hope for CHI to beat DET, cause GB isn't losing 3 weeks in a row.

You really think Chi can beat Det? We talking about a Brandon Marshall-less Bears lead by Jay Cutler? I rather put my faith in the Colts.

I say we post sexy female reporters photos for your team.

Tori Petry from detroitlions.com

Our reporter isn't sexy though. I rather just post this.
10513816_535291769933220_771616187_n.jpg

Spinluck

Looks like we won the AFCS again, man, what a tough division. Surprised we made it.

Can't wait to lose in the playoffs this year.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Matthew Stafford vs. Aaron Rodgers last 3 weeks:

Aaron Rodgers: 880 Yards, 65/116, 56.8% Completion Percentage, 5 TDS, 2 INTS

Matthew Stafford: 854 Yards, 77/107, 70.3% Completion Percentage, 6 TDS, 0 INTS

Matthew Stafford: 3-0
Aaron Rodgers: 2-1

Playoffs:

1.) Arizona Cardinals (11-3) *NFC West champion*
2.) Detroit Lions (10-4) *NFC North champion*
3.) Dallas Cowboys (10-4) *NFC East champion*
4.) Carolina Panthers (5-8-1) *NFC South champion*
5.) Seattle Seahawks (10-4) *Wild card*
6.) Green Bay Packers (10-4) *Wild card*
7.) Philadelphia Eagles (9-5)

layer-1-stafforddealwithit-psd_2.gif

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
or they can win out and hope DET or GB loses next week (they play each other week 17).

Basically hope for CHI to beat DET, cause GB isn't losing 3 weeks in a row.
DET and GB both hold the tiebreaker over the NFC East teams. Other than the Cowboys losing a game you would need either GB, DET, or the Seahawks to lose BOTH remaining games.

grandjedi6

Detroit is the only team who could reasonably lose both games.
I mean, it wouldn't be shocking if the Seahawks lost to the Cards or Rams. It's just hard to believe that they'll lose both games with the playoffs on the line.

Losing both would be such a Detroit thing to do, but that still depends on the Bears to stop being a dumpster fire for longer than 1 quarter a game.

And the Packers couldn't lose to the Buccs even if they tried.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I mean, it wouldn't be shocking if the Seahawks lost to the Cards or Rams. It's just hard to believe that they'll lose both games with the playoffs on the line.

Losing both would be such a Detroit thing to do, but that still depends on the Bears to stop being a dumpster fire for longer than 1 quarter a game.

They lost to the Saints though. Is it at home or away?

Packers could be losing to the Bucs, and then the Bucs will be like "oh wait we are trying to lose" here take the ball.

Pepiope

Well the division will come down to week 17. If they lose week 16, then it's over for them. GB isn't losing with the division on the line.

grandjedi6

They lost to the Saints though. Is it at home or away?
It's at Chicago. But this season it seems like half the team is trying to tank just to spite Trestmann. And Cutler doesn't give a fuck anymore, plus the only receiver he knows how to throw to is out.

Guess we'll know better based on which Chicago team shows up tomorrow. It would be so Lions to underestimate Chicago while focusing on Green Bay though.

JABEE

The Eagles still have a ways to go before they will be a contender. You can't lose two home games to playoff teams. The Eagles controlled their destiny and they blew it. They went from being in a sweet spot to get a first round bye (over 70% chance) to needing to rely on other teams to lose to even make it in at all. Frustrating day of football.

It's complete garbage that a 10-win team is going to miss the playoffs while the ridiculous NFC South "champ" gets in

There has to be a reason for divisions to exist. Those are the rules. The Eagles played themselves out. 11 wins isn't going to be enough this season on its own. I don't want to count those chickens before they hatch. Eagles are in trouble.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's complete garbage that a 10-win team is going to miss the playoffs while the ridiculous NFC South "champ" gets in

I find it fun. Especially considering what happened last time a shitty team won a crappy division and hosted a playoff game.

The Eagles still have a ways to go before they will be a contender. You can't lose two home games to playoff teams. The Eagles controlled their destiny and they blew it. They went from being in a sweet spot to get a first round bye (over 70% chance) to needing to rely on other teams to lose to even make it in at all. Frustrating day of football.

Not really, you guys just need one or two piece. For Seattle it was Cliff Avril, and Michael Bennett.

ACE 1991

It was a fun season, fellow Eagles fan. What a frustrating team for a ton of reasons, the biggest of all being we are only a few but very key holes away from being an elite team.

grandjedi6

Packers could be losing to the Bucs, and then the Bucs will be like "oh wait we are trying to lose" here take the ball.
Basically. I'm convinced they only beat the Steelers because they still thought they had a chance back then.

Well the division will come down to week 17. If they lose week 16, then it's over for them. GB isn't losing with the division on the line.
That is true. Plus a Detroit lose next week would virtually guarantee that the week 17 matchup will be the last SNF game. Which would raise the choking stakes.

Spinluck

RQBGkCH.gif

Karma is a bitch

Do you really believe in karma, Mech? In a world where a druggy drunk like Irsay can go from Manning to Luck. Or where sexual offenders in Florida win the lottery? Besides, we were just pulling some advanced techniques from your second favorite team!

andrew-luck-tripped.gif

The best part about the above gif is the ref sitting right there with a perfect view of it. Yet, he doesn't even call it!

It's at Chicago. But this season it seems like half the team is trying to tank just to spite Trestmann. And Cutler doesn't give a fuck anymore, plus the only receiver he knows how to throw to is out.

Guess we'll know better based on which Chicago team shows up tomorrow. It would be so Lions to underestimate Chicago while focusing on Green Bay though.

Caldwell has them focused on their next opponent though. At least that's the approach he's taking with the team to try not to have them looking ahead.

JABEE

Not really, you guys just need one or two piece. For Seattle it was Cliff Avril, and Michael Bennett.

Our problem is that we don't have a proven QB. Foles has been either mediocre or injured for most of the season. Sanchez cost us tonight. We probably would have lost to Seattle regardless. I wish the Eagles could sign a guy like Revis, but we need to draft secondary players. What sucks is that we were so close to getting Ha-Ha. I have been shouting about our corners since last off season too. Too bad corners are such a flukey pick to make in the first round.

Our first round pick this season hasn't contributed at all really. He helped knock the ball out of your punter's hand. That's about it. We need to get lucky with QB in the draft.

Cloudy

Banned
There has to be a reason for divisions to exist. Those are the rules. The Eagles played themselves out. 11 wins isn't going to be enough this season on its own. I don't want to count those chickens before they hatch. Eagles are in trouble.

Divisions can matter but it shouldn't supersede W-L record for playoff seeding

JABEE

The season is not over, but we blew our chance to take control of things. I never thought it would take 11 or 12 wins to win this division. You have to give credit to the Cowboys.

The NBA has it where you're in if you win you're division but if record determines seeding. I'm okay with them getting a spot but should be a lower seed. Next year we're getting expanded playoffs anyways.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Warren Buffett hopes Ndamukong Suh stays with Lions

B99225920Z.1_20141214171312_000_GA8DGAAB.1-0.jpg

Buffett is the second-richest man in the world, according to Forbes, with an estimated net worth of $71.6 billion. A noted Nebraska Cornhuskers fan, Buffett and Suh have been friends for a few years after former Nebraska football coach and athletics director Tom Osborne introduced them.

Though Buffett declined to comment on whether or not he's given Suh advice about his pending free agency, he told The Detroit News he hopes Suh re-signs with the Lions.

"I hope it isn't his last. I hope he stays in Detroit," Buffett said. "It's his call, obviously. He's a hero in Detroit; he deserves to be one. It's a terrific city, it's on the way back and I just think it'd be great if he sticks around."

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ett-hopes-ndamukong-suh-stays-lions/20405557/

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This year is also sort of a fluke because the NFC South probably should have been like the AFC South. One good team, three tire fires. The Saints somehow lost their homefield advantage, some players aged too quickly and they got injured. Plus their coaches seemingly forgot how to coach.

Realistically the Saints should have gone 6-0 or 5-1 in their division and won 4-5 other games. They'd still be a weak division winner in a weak division but not quite like this.

JABEE

Divisions can matter but it shouldn't supersede W-L record for playoff seeding

Some years you get stuck playing juggernauts twice a season, other years you beat up on slop. 6-7 years ago the NFC West was a garbage conference. Now it's a slugfest.

If you go by W-L, then you might as well just split teams up by conference.

This was a must win for Dallas but Eagles are still in a great position IMO.

Dallas losing to Indy and Philly winning out is a pretty likely scenario.

Also the best idea I've heard for changing the playoffs is making it so only >.500 teams are eligible. Not that it's a good idea, only the most plausible I've heard.

MechDX

Do you really believe in karma, Mech? In a world where a druggy drunk like Irsay can go from Manning to Luck. Or where sexual offenders in Florida win the lottery? Besides, we were just pulling some advanced techniques from your second favorite team!

!

Irsay is a piece of trash and owns the luckiest pro sports team on the entire planet. That was a dirty, cheapass trip that there was no flag thrown for.

Will Carroll @injuryexpert
· 4h 4 hours ago
TY Hilton sent for mri tonight in indy. Unusual only that normally wait until tomorrow for many reasons. Following ...

karma?

Zeke

Packers losing to the Bills today basically ruined any chances the Cowboys had of getting a first round bye. fuck off Rodgers!
Fuck having the bye, I'd rather them keep rolling and playing on the road. Dallas can't play for shit at home, the road is their new home.

Top Bottom