• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

_woLf

So if I'm understanding this right, if Seattle, Green Bay and Dallas all win out, it'd be SEA #1, GB #2, and DAL #3? Because GB beats Dallas in a tiebreaker, and then Seattle beats GB in one?

Or is ESPN's playoff machine completely wrong?

So if I'm understanding this right, if Seattle, Green Bay and Dallas all win out, it'd be SEA #1, GB #2, and DAL #3? Because GB beats Dallas in a tiebreaker, and then Seattle beats GB in one?

in that scenario, the head to head matchups wouldn't matter. i think it would go conference record, then common opponents? i'm not sure

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

The tie breakers would be decided by conference record.

10-2 > 9-3 > 8-4

So yes, ESPN is right.

Drubbed

Banned
NhgirjN.png

Bills you are awesome.

You're right in Seattle would be #1, GB #2, and Dal #3 but it's not because Sea beat GB that's irrelevant. It's because they use conference record as the tiebreaker in a 3 way tie situation, but in a 2 way situation they use head-to-head.

It can also be 3 way tie with Sea/Det/Cowboys. As long as it's not just 2 they will not use head to head, but if it's just Sea/Dal then they will use H2H. So Hawks-GAF just wants to either A) Dallas lose or B) 3 way tie.

Even though this guy rooting for the wrong team it's pretty dope.

Crisco

Banned
Man JFF is small, he looks so pathetic getting sacked by those huge defenders. It's not his height either, dude just has a very slight frame. Poor Browns ;(

Tamanon

Banned
So Manziel sucked yesterday, no two ways about it. It was his first game, but he still looked terrible.

He's still a rookie though, and there's plenty of precedent for okay QBs having terrible first seasons. At least he wasn't taken out by the American flag like Weeden was!

I'm at least relieved he didn't light it up so Jags radio callers wouldn't be calling out the team for going with Bortles.

Also helps that Bortles is playing decent for not having an O-line or receivers who want to catch the ball. Jags actually opening as favorites this week for the first time in 42 games! And fire Jedd Fisch please.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Great day for me.

Colts clinch the division and Johnny College Football shows up exactly as expected

not sure i would be too excited about the colts clinching. I think Luck is hurt, and he's only continuing to take beatings every week. He missed easy throws all game yesterday, especially to his right and they werent even close.

Also, so much parity, omg look all the parity in the league. The teams with great to elite QBs continue to win division titles and make the playoffs. The teams without them, continue to not make the playoffs.

So in a long shitty season for the Giants, I continue to cling to the bright spots and what the future holds and Odell Beckham continues to be that one big bright spot that can't be ignored.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/12/...-the-year-how-can-it-be-anyone-else-ny-giants

-Despite playing just 10 games, Beckham is tied with former LSU teammate Jarvis Landry (Miami Dolphins) for most receptions by a rookie receiver this season with 71. He leads the rookies in receiving yards with 972. His nine touchdowns are second among rookie receivers behind Mike Evans of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who has 11.

-Beckham has 12 catches for 143 yards and three touchdowns Sunday. He is the first rookie in NFL history with at least 12 catches, 140 yards receiving and three TDs in a single game.

-The 12 receptions tied Mark Bavaro's franchise record for receptions by a rookie in a single game. It was one short of tying Tiki Barber's overall franchise mark of 13 in a game.

-Beckham, Hakeem Nicks and Amani Toomer are the only Giants' wide receivers to catch 12 passes in a single game.

-Beckham has 61 catches for 866 yards and six touchdowns in his past seven games. His 61 catches are the most by a rookie in a seven-game span and his 866 receiving yards are the second-most by a rookie over a seven-game span (920 yards, Bill Groman, 1960).

-Beckham now has at least 90 receiving yards in seven consecutive games, extending his NFL record streak for a rookie.

-Beckham is the first Giants' rookie to score three touchdowns in a game. He has a team-leading nine touchdowns this, one short of the franchise rookie record set by Bill Swiacki in 1948.

-Beckham's 972 receiving yards surpasses the previous franchise record of 894 yards for a rookie, set by Jeremy Shockey in 2002.

njean777

After sleeping on it, I'm still furious about the eagles game. It is so frustrating to see a team with so many weapons fail at so many levels. The secondary (all of them) have got to go. Sanchez has got to go, and chip needs to learn a slower style of play for when things get tough like they did last night. When opponents can stop your hurry up offense 1 minute into the game there is no reason to continue it the next drive.

effzee

With the Chipper as the HC

Vick/Barkley/Sanchez = 5-7

Foles = 14-4

Ah yes now I remember you are a Foles. Are you telling me with Foles in this team would have beaten the Packers, Seahawks, and the Cowboys last night?

Unless you are delusional you can't possibly look at this team and believe that. Both Sanchez and Foles have played well against bad teams and mediocre against good teams. Both are prone to turnovers.

Eagles lead the league in giving the ball away and the mass majority of those turnovers were with and because of Foles. Foles lost games to the Cards and the Niners, while winning the games against bad teams.

If you look at just who was the QB when the team won (which BTW never shows the whole picture and is rather stupid), Foles' s lone impressive win this season was against the Colts. Even then that win was sealed by an INT Boykin had at the end when the Colts were driving to win.

Similarly Sanchez's one impressive win was against the Cowboys two weeks ago.

It's obvious that neither QB is the long term answer. Lord knows I wished Foles was that guy but his phenomenal performance last year so far has been proven to be a fluke.

And oh yeah since you brought last year up while mindlessly mentioning win loss records, Foles took over and beat a row of terrible teams. Before that the 3 losses they had with Vick starting had far more with the Eagles D not playing well. They lost to the Chargers, Broncos, and Chiefs. All playoff teams. The offense was chugging along. D wasnt.

One of those losses you chalking up to Barkley? Against the Cowboys? Foles played the majority of the game against the Cowboys before leaving with a concussion. He was stinking it up. Barkley took over late in the game. The Great Nick Foles beat teams like the Raiders, Bucs, Lions, Packers without Rodgers, and the rest of the NFC East.

Biggest problem on the team is still lack of a franchise QB and I don't think Foles has proven much of anything yet. Even though the offense works, it's far more cause of the OLINE, McCoy, and Chips' design. And all that would still be ok had they addressed their needs on D which they seem to ignore completely. Billy Davis needs his head examined if he thinks he can play single safety man with this set of corners and safeties.

Terrible secondary 5 years in a row and they did absolutely nothing to improve it. Wasted a first round pick on a guy projected to be late 3rd or 4th round pick. Who can't even see the field even with injuries all over the LB corp.

And while Jordan Mathews has stepped up and Maclin is having a career season they sure as hell miss Desean. The 1 legit deep threat they had. Can you imagine how much more explosive they could be with Desean, Maclin, and Jordan? Instead they kept and overpaid Cooper who gets zero separation and drafted Huff who seems to make giant mistake one or twice a game. Created a need and a giant hole at a position that was set. The spent 2 picks trying to fill it back up.

It's laughable watching Cooper trying to catch WR screens and then bumbling trying to gain a yard. Last night he almost had his own butt fumble on a WR bubble screen.

I keep imagining how much better this team would be had they let Cooper walk in FA, kept DeSean, and used the first 2 picks on possible defensive studs. Could have still taken Huft late or Mathews in the 2nd.

njean777

Ah yes now I remember you are a Foles. Are you telling me with Foles in this team would have beaten the Packers, Seahawks, and the Cowboys last night?

Unless you are delusional you can't possibly look at this team and believe that. Both Sanchez and Foles have played well against bad teams and mediocre against good teams. Both are prone to turnovers.

Eagles lead the league in giving the ball away and the mass majority of those turnovers were with and because of Foles. Foles lost games to the Cards and the Niners, while winning the games against bad teams. If you look at just who was the QB when the team won,

Foles' s lone impressive win was against the Colts and even then that win was sealed by an INT Boykin had at the end when the Colts were driving to win.

Similarly Sanchez's one impressive win was against the Cowboys two weeks ago.

It's obvious that neither QB is the long term answer. Lord knows I wished Foles was that guy but his phenomenal performance last year so far has been proven to be a fluke.

And oh yeah since you brought last year up while mindlessly mentioning win loss records, Foles took over and beat a row of terrible teams. Before that the 3 losses they had with Vick starting had far more with the Eagles D not playing well. They lost to the Chargers, Broncos, and Chiefs. All playoff teams. The offense was chugging along. D wasnt.

Oh yeah one of those losses you chalking up to Barkley? Foles played the majority of the game against the Cowboys before leaving with a concussion. Barkley took over late in the game. Foles beat great teams like the Raiders, Bucs, Lions, Packers without Rodgers, and the rest of the NFL East.

Biggest problem on the team is still lack of a franchise QB and I don't think Foles has proven much of anything yet. Even though the offense works, it's far more cause of the OLINE, McCoy, and Chips' design. And all that would still be ok had they addressed their needs on D which they seem to ignore completely. Billy Davis needs his head examined if he thinks he can single safety man with this set of corners and safeties.

Terrible secondary 5 years in a row and they did absolutely nothing to improve it. Wasted a first round pick on a guy projected to be late 3rd or 4th round pick and who can't even see the field with injuries all over the LB corp.

And while Jordan Mathews has stepped up and Maclin is having a career season they sure as hell miss Desean. The 1 legit deep threat they had. Can you imagine how much more explosive they could be with desean, Maclin, and jordan? Instead they kept and overpaid Cooper who gets zero separation and drafted Huff who seems to make giant mistake one or twice a game. Created a need and a giant hole at a position that was set. The spent 2 picks trying to fill it back up.

It's laughable watching Cooper trying to catch WR screens and then bumbling trying to gain a yard. Last night he almost had his own butt fumble on a WR bubble screen.

ZnqQ5.gif

I was yelling to get rid of cooper also this whole season while watching him fuck up all the time. Cannot believe I forgot about cooper in my anger yesterday.

I had forgotten what it feels like to string together two wins in a row. Woke up this morning feeling like

giphy.gif

Now this week against a (no offense Browns-GAF, you know I got love for yall) abysmal Browns team and a season finale against the Falcons, and the Panthers might just pull this crazy thing off.

First 7-8-1 playoff team ever. First repeat champion of the NFC South

Bowser

I had forgotten what it feels like to string together two wins in a row. Woke up this morning feeling like

giphy.gif

Now this week against a (no offense Browns-GAF, you know I got love for yall) abysmal Browns team and a season finale against the Falcons, and the Panthers might just pull this crazy thing off.

First 7-8-1 playoff team ever. First repeat champion of the NFC South

Derek Anderson walked off the field yesterday like

Y9er7Xn.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Cowboys should tank for a wild card.

It's absurd how much better they are on the road than at home.

I wouldn't mind them coming to Lambeau but I'll take anyone who can beat Seattle in Seattle.

Just gotta win out now.

I can also see the Lions losing to Chicago. Going to be a fun 2 weeks.

Yeah we lost our cushion but I think most of us saw this as a bad matchup for us. Losing to an AFC team on the road is whatever. I'm not sure if I see Detroit losing to Chicago though. That team is a total dumpster fire and if this was week 1 of a new season, they would probably pick first in the draft at the end.

Stephen Ross got into a helicopter with Mike Tannenbaum (former Jets GM) and Dan Marino after the game yesterday. Tannenbaum is just a "consultant" or something, pay no mind to the fact that he is now acting as an agent for various NFL assistant coaches. Nope, nothing shady going on here!

Ross is a fucking clown. This team will be dysfunctional until he's gone, it doesn't matter who the next coach or GM is.

Fuck this organization.

eznark

Banned
I'm a little confused on this whole Olivia Munn thing. Do we give her credit for the first 14 weeks as well, or just the blame for the Bills loss?

Top Bottom