• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

Tamanon

Banned
Jags losing against the Titans would help get them screwed on the hunt for Mariota since I think the Jags would be ecstatic to trade back a few spots for another team to grab a QB.

But the team seems to actually be trying still, so I think they'll try to help the fans feel good with a home win.

zychi

Banned
Not sure how much I'll watch. Feel like it's time to do my first viewing of the season of Christmas Vacation.

ryback-kane-chair-face.gif

JABEE

So Green Bay could miss the playoffs if the Eagles win out, Dallas wins 1 of 2, Arizona loses to the Seahawks and the Lions beat the Bears and Packers in Week 16 and 17?

From first round bye to out of the playoffs. This season is crazy.

I think the Packers could go 12-4 and still miss out.

Furyous

You lost all credibility when you brought up Trent Richardson.

They traded a first round pick for him and thought he could help them. So technically that was a good trade for them at the time. Matter of fact, Browns fans were pissed at the time so it worked. He might not be good now but he counts as help because the Colts thought he would put them over the hump.

I'm both a Browns and Cards fan. Cards are my NFC team and the Browns are my AFC team.

Bread

Banned
They traded a first round pick for him and thought he could help them. So technically that was a good trade for them at the time. Matter of fact, Browns fans were pissed at the time so it worked. He might not be good now but he counts as help because the Colts thought he would put them over the hump.
Furyous, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Mrbob

So Green Bay could miss the playoffs if the Eagles win out, Dallas wins 1 of 2, Arizona loses to the Seahawks and the Lions beat the Bears and Packers in Week 16 and 17?

From first round bye to out of the playoffs. This season is crazy.

I think the Packers could go 12-4 and still miss out.

Packers go 12-4 they'll get a first round bye. But yeah the top end of the NFC is crazy.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
What does everyone think is the most important defensive stat? Points/game? Yards/game?

I was trying to put a finger on why I thought my niners, while good on defense, aren't the powerhouse people make them out to be. I knew part of it was that the offense could easily consume 7:50 on a 45yrd drive that nets not points (FFS). So part of the niners statistically good defense was just the fact that the other team wouldn't be able to run as many plays per game. So, was poking around FBO and found the stat that I feel sums up this teams defense (and why they don't give up a lot of points but aren't great either)...

Points/possession.

That seems to normalize the offensive and defensive tendencies of a team. Niners are 12th by the way at giving up 1.76 points/possession. That is right around where I'd rate their defense (12th). Most of the local media thinks the defense is the best in the league...just obviously not true.

zychi

Banned
That play sums up the entire offense this year.

Everyone blames Cutler, reciever tips the ball to the d, int, short field against a shit d.

Chicago football.

Top Bottom