• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

zychi

Banned
everyone is being an asshole about it so Ill tell you.
It stands for "jakncoke" a frequent poster in here who singlehandedly got the laughing smilie banned on Gaf from overuse. So we use :jnc when something is hilarious.

image.php

Godslay

Banned
Marshall is also salty because he lost to one of those Pats teams.
You do know that every team films their practices and shares them with other teams? The NFL routinely asks for practice film to make sure the teams are in compliance with practice time rules.

You know that even the NFLN is going to start filming teams practices?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/06/nfl_network_to_use_drones_to_tape_teams_practices.html

I guess the NFLN should be fined everytime they do this.

Fans can't go to practices anymore either, might be filming. Could cause a team like the Broncos to forget how to change audible calls in the Super Bowl. Or a guy like Marshall Faulk, who has 6 kids with 4 different women btw(great credibility there), blaming film over the fact his defense couldn't make a stop to save their lives(BTW that Super Bowl still has time left on the clock.)

Damn dude Faulk lost to the Pats? How the fuck did I not know this?

He has credibility in terms of being on the field, and playing against the team. I don't give damn how many children he had with how many different woman. You are telling me that one of the more talented and cerebral RBs in the NFL couldn't pick up when something wasn't right on the field? Come on man. The Pats were adjusting perfectly to plays that the Rams hadn't ran at all up until that point in a game. How in the fuck does that happen on a consistent basis? I'll tell you, because they cheated. It's not rocket science here man, put two and two together.

I guess it's just another day on NFLGAF, Pats cheat, sympathizers sympathize. News at 7.

I'm going to aggressively walk on my treadmill now :p

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Motherfuckers, I just bought 6 games during Black Friday and haven't even pulled them out of their Best Buy bags.

tumblr_mrxoi7NQUo1sbxkfzo6_250.gif

I got a few, still have some sealed. I'm actually going to get more since I need to buy my nephew a game for christmas and just bought GTA V the other day... figured I'd return GTA V(still sealed), rebuy it and my nephews game to grab the free game. What should I get? I've got it down to- FC4, Diablo III, or The Evil Within.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

He has credibility in terms of being on the field, and playing against the team. I don't give damn how many children he had with how many different woman. You are telling me that one of the more talented and cerebral RBs in the NFL couldn't pick up when something wasn't right on the field? Come on man. The Pats were adjusting perfectly to plays that the Rams hadn't ran at all up until that point in a game. How in the fuck does that happen on a consistent basis? I'll tell you, because they cheated. It's not rocket science here man, put two and two together.

I guess it's just another day on NFLGAF, Pats cheat, sympathizers sympathize. News at 7.

As in my post above, you know who else played the pats? Kurt Warner, he denies it playing a role. How about Bill Cowher? He coached against them and denied it playing a role. If it really played a role more than one bitter player would've spoke up. Almost all of the major coaches and analysts have weighed in including Mangini himself, and none of them stand to benefit from defending him. But you'll ignore those credible sources, since Faulk is clearly the MOST credible of the bunch.

edit- and playing the "credible source" game Al Davis took it to his grave that the Broncs deserved Asterisks on their SB titles. I want to point out this is exactly what I mean by your biased logic. Now you'll come in and explain why Al isn't credible, but for some reason marshall faulk is? I also want to point out I don't think those teams deserve asterisks, I'm just flipping your argument.

did you discover any great restaurants while in NeW Orleans?

I don't think I discovered anything, but we ate at Commander's Palace, Attachafalaya, Cochon's Butcher, Cafe Dumont for beingets, the Po Boy festival, and Upperline. Oh yeah, had some Cane's Chicken too.

Central Grocery was closed for Muffalatta, so I went to Cochon's.

Godslay

Banned
As in my post above, you know who else played the pats? Kurt Warner, he denies it playing a role. How about Bill Cowher? He coached against them and denied it playing a role. If it really played a role more than one bitter player would've spoke up. Almost all of the major coaches and analysts have weighed in including Mangini himself, and none of them stand to benefit from defending him. But you'll ignore those credible sources, since Faulk is clearly the MOST credible of the bunch.

It only takes one whistle-blower to show us the truth. Marshall Faulk deserves praise for being as brave as he was.

And, of course, I get a kitty litter ad on this page. Thanks bro.

Damn. I'm just ruining everyone's day.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It only takes one whistle-blower to show us the truth. Marshall Faulk deserves praise for being as brave as he was.

Damn. I'm just ruining everyone's day.

Al Davis deserves that same recognition! It only takes one!

edit- waiting for you to explain away with "facts" why he's not a valid whistleblower, but faulk is.

zychi

Banned

So did seattle cheat because they knew every call Peyton made and what it stood for?

Or did they just study film, both game and practice, and realize he never changed anything?

Peyton gonna cry about the loss like Marshall did? Or just be a man and admit his team got outplayed by a better team? All Marshall does is whine on NFLN, so whining about losing a game sounds right up his alley.

Jimmy Johnson who has more Super wins and 3 NCAA titles, he says everyone does it.

I guess a coach has less credibility then a guy who played under the defenseless and fraud Mike Martz

Godslay

Banned
So did seattle cheat because they knew every call Peyton made and what it stood for?

Or did they just study film, both game and practice, and realize he never changed anything?

Peyton gonna cry about the loss like Marshall did? Or just be a man and admit his team got outplayed by a better team? All Marshall does is whine on NFLN, so whining about losing a game sounds right up his alley.

Jimmy Johnson who has more Super wins and 3 NCAA titles, he says everyone does it.

I guess a coach has less credibility then a guy who played under the defenseless and fraud Mike Martz

Film you speak of is not the same film everyone else speaks of.

So if everyone did it why were just the Pats fined?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You do know that what the Broncos did that year is now employed by every team in the NFL as a valid way to manage payments right? Or is that too aggressive an argument?

Bingo theres the reason Al Davis isn't credible. You do know the pats taped practice signals which was legal up until the 2007 season or if not "legal" known about but not enforced. A memo was sent out in the offseason that they were going to start cracking down on it.

edit- why if what the broncos did was fine did they get fined more than the patriots and lose multiple draft picks?

Godslay

Banned
Bingo theres the reason Al Davis isn't credible. You do know the pats taped practice signals which was legal up until the 2007 season or if not "legal" known about but not enforced. A memo was sent out in the offseason that they were going to start cracking down on it.

Never brought his credibility into question. At the time there were no rules against doing. Broncos used it as a way to fund the new stadium, team was largely the same yoy. NFL found fault with it and we paid the price. Teams now use the same tactic as a cap management strategy, whereas you can't say the same for what the Pats did.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Never brought his credibility into question. At the time there were no rules against doing. Broncos used it as a way to fund the new stadium, team was largely the same yoy. NFL found fault with it and we paid the price. Teams now use the same tactic as a cap management strategy, whereas you can't say the same for what the Pats did.

Keep fighting the good fight. Teams CONSTANTLY taped and still do tape signals, in fact if you read the actual rule, you still can. You can take pictures, but you can only tape if "All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead." I'll say it again you only pick the facts that support your argument. Al Davis isn't credible as calling them cheaters, but marshall faulk is credible when he calls pats Cheaters. The broncos were fined and penalized for it plain and simple, just like the pats were. Dan Rooney, Jimmi Johnson, Bill Cowher, the list goes on. Keep tooting that horn though it's clearly a conspiracy to keep Belichicks legacy alive from both his competitiors and the guy who hates him and ratted him out himself. Al Davis though? Nahhhhhhhhhh

Fantomex

Jimmy is full of crap. If he had any video the Jags wouldn't have beat his Dolphins team by 60 in the playoffs.

Godslay

Banned
Keep fighting the good fight. Teams CONSTANTLY taped and still do tape signals, in fact if you read the actual rule, you still can. You can take pictures, but you can only tape if "All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead." I'll say it again you only pick the facts that support your argument. Al Davis isn't credible as calling them cheaters, but marshall faulk is credible when he calls pats Cheaters. The broncos were fined and penalized for it plain and simple, just like the pats were. Dan Rooney, Jimmi Johnson, Bill Cowher, the list goes on. Keep tooting that horn though it's clearly a conspiracy to keep Belichicks legacy alive from both his competitiors and the guy who hates him and ratted him out himself. Al Davis though? Nahhhhhhhhhh

Videotaping is not in the same league as deferment of payments. Sorry to burst your bubble. One is now a legal strategy for cap management while the other is still illegal.

Marshall Faulk is a whistle-blower with backing of the league via their punishment rendered. I don't give damn what anyone else says, the league told me that the Pats cheated.

cajunator

Banned
Videotaping is not in the same league as deferment of payments. Sorry to burst your bubble. One is now a legal strategy for cap management while the other is still illegal.

Marshall Faulk is a whistle-blower with backing of the league via their punishment rendered. I don't give damn what anyone else says, the league told me that the Pats cheated.

Even with cheating though you arent guaranteed a super bowl or success.
However I would bet that most of the hugely dominant teams found some sort of exploit and got away with it. The nature of football is to just not get caught doing it.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Even with cheating though you arent guaranteed a super bowl or success.
However I would bet that most of the hugely dominant teams found some sort of exploit and got away with it. The nature of football is to just not get caught doing it.

Like bounties?

Godslay

Banned
I wish Dragon were here so that he and YH could go at it at the same time.

Need an nflgaf Bloodsport. Yankee can be JCVD. Eznark can be the big hillbilly from nerds. Pats gaf can be bolo yeung. I'll be the Tanana clan leader that trains JCVD. Gata can be that crazy little guy cracking coconuts.

Top Bottom