• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

I was hoping Sony would win just for the epic meltdowns on GAF. I love when the NPD thread devolves into lunacy. I'm fine with following sales for the overall health of the industry (and frankly its distressing that software sales have tanked all year long) but I'm always amused at how much people throw themselves into retail threads/sales.

It's not like any publisher is suddenly going to stop making games for either platform so who cares?

I don't follow gaming, but just to give me a TL:DR version, but why the fuck does GAF cares? And second why would gaming side have an epic meltdown if Sony sold more?

Lol ppl act crazy in that NPD thread, it's like a Super Bowl victory for some ppl.

I did my part for Yankees Giraffe, but they sent me a broken console :/

Tamanon

Banned
I was hoping Sony would win just for the epic meltdowns on GAF. I love when the NPD thread devolves into lunacy. I'm fine with following sales for the overall health of the industry (and frankly its distressing that software sales have tanked all year long) but I'm always amused at how much people throw themselves into retail threads/sales.

It's not like any publisher is suddenly going to stop making games for either platform so who cares?

Well, poor WiiU sales did cause most publishers to abandon it. But that's an edge case.

Who remembers the Jags glory days with Brunell, Smith, and Taylor?

Fuckin' A man. Brunell throwing to Smith and McCardell. Glory days.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Microsoft won by 7-10k units.

So basically Sony won considering they didn't discount the holy hell out of their console.

I don't follow gaming, but just to give me a TL:DR version, but why the fuck does GAF cares? And second why would gaming side have an epic meltdown if Sony sold more?
Everyone and their mother was going on and on about how Microsoft had November in the bag with the price cutting, bundles and deals. Had Sony pulled out the win, it would have just turned into riot city in the NPD thread. I like to see the graveyard that's left over after one of those things.

Sort of like not being able to look away from a crash.:jnc

Well, poor WiiU sales did cause most publishers to abandon it. But that's an edge case.
Sure but who the hell buys a Nintendo console for other publishers games, right?:)

Realistically though, Wii U is certainly the outlier in that regard. Reality: The Xbox One is pretty much destroying the Xbox 360 in terms of a building user base right now in the same time period of release. In a vacuum its an extremely successful console. It's just the PS4 is THAT much more successful at the moment. No publisher is going to stop making their games on the platform anytime soon.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Posts pictures of pineapple pizza 100 times a day but hates gaming news. Stay in euroland, you communist bastard!

Godslay

Banned

So basically Sony won considering they didn't discount the holy hell out of their console.

I'd wait for official numbers. Very well could be 7-10k, but cboat has been wrong before. How the fuck did I get sucked into this drama is the question. I don't really care just watching the thread is funny more than anything.

Its CBOAT. I'd wait to hear from more reputable sources before buying into that. He may be totally right but I'd like to see it from Aqua, etc.

Konka

Banned
Posts pictures of pineapple pizza 100 times a day but hates gaming news. Stay in euroland, you communist bastard!

There is an entire damn side of the forum for this conversation. If the forum was Pineapple Pizza / Offtopic, you'd never hear about my Pineapple pizza!

There is an entire damn side of the forum for this conversation. If the forum was Pineapple Pizza / Offtopic, you'd never hear about my Pineapple pizza!
Konka pls, it's a community thread we talk about random shit all the time.

I plan to have a convo with you guys about Apple juice later tonight.

Konka

Banned
Konka pls, it's a community thread we talk about random shit all the time.

I plan to have a convo with you guys about Apple juice later tonight.

I look forward to the apple juice conversation. Apple Cider is better of course.

But there is a dedicated food thread.

By your logic, why the hell are you posting pineapple pizza in the NFL thread?

They are my ramblings, my musings, I don't expect actual pages of conversation on them. The sign of a true artist, a free spirit.

Pineapple pizza is normal on the west coast.

My man.

I look forward to the apple juice conversation. Apple Cider is better of course.

They are my ramblings, my musings, I don't expect actual pages of conversation on them. The sign of a true artist, a free spirit.

My man.

Haters gon hate man. It's okay we rise about hate.

It's easy even for a moron like you.

Basically take what the U.S. government does, but change the actor to someone poor and brown.

Bingo terrorist!

R.I.P Bionic. It's going to suck when they lock you up for treason.

Godslay

Banned
If you aren't a current resident of the US or currently on US soil, you can't dictate what we post here. Pretty simple.

Wes is the exception of course, but he's more American than most Pats fans.

I need to become an expert pizza chef.

The only thing is my kitchen is more of a disappointment to kitchen than Kaep was to his parents.

slabrock

Banned
I'd wait for official numbers. Very well could be 7-10k, but cboat has been wrong before. How the fuck did I get sucked into this drama is the question. I don't really care just watching the thread is funny more than anything.

Bish mentioned that MS won it with their first two weeks sales. He said that plugged in people mentioned that Sony almost won it back with the bundles they had the last part of November. So it must have been pretty close.

Godslay

Banned
Bish mentioned that MS won it with their first two weeks sales. He said that plugged in people mentioned that Sony almost won it back with the bundles they had the last part of November. So it must have been pretty close.

Saw that. I'm just a person who likes to see the numbers with my own eyes. Nothing like cold hard numbers.

If you aren't a current resident of the US or currently on US soil, you can't dictate what we post here. Pretty simple.

Wes is the exception of course, but he's more American than most Pats fans.

Bitch, I'm 50% American, 100% free to do whatever the fuck I want.

*AmericanBoner.gif*

Yeah, but with aquamarine and creamsugar taking a hiatus from the npd threads for a while we might not see hard numbers anytime soon.

Aquamarine has already posted in the thread. She came back after her self-imposed exile awhile back. She'll have numbers..just later.

RBH

I remember when someone on the IGN boards linked to the February 2007 NPD thread from NeoGAF.........that was my first introduction to NeoGAF. :lol

NPD threads aren't as fun anymore though.

Bread

Banned
I remember when someone on the IGN boards linked to the February 2007 NPD thread from NeoGAF.........that was my first introduction to NeoGAF. :lol

NPD threads aren't as fun anymore though.
ign boards were fun as hell back then

bionic77

Games must really suck if people care this much about sales.

How often do we give a fuck about ratings or the NFLs profit? We don't because we care too much about the actual results or our teams.

Only fans of subpar products care about sales and things like attendance. See videogames, mainstream movies, nascar and baseball.

RBH

I'm tempted to make an avatar bet with Steelers-GAF for this Sunday's game..........but I enjoy my Manningface avatar too much to risk it.

Games must really suck if people care this much about sales.

How often do we give a fuck about ratings or the NFLs profit? We don't because we care too much about the actual results or our teams.

Only fans of subpar products care about sales and things like attendance. See videogames, mainstream movies, nascar and baseball.

I absolutely care about how much money my billionaire owner (btw richest owner in the NFL), makes!

NFL Should have no salary cap =( Seahawks can become the Yankees of football!!!

bionic77

I'm tempted to make an avatar bet with Steelers-GAF for this Sunday's game..........but I enjoy my Manningface avatar too much to risk it.
Falcons are going to win. We all know it.

Not really a bet when you know what the outcome will be.

Just remember that beating us is positive proof that you are a smelly turd of a team!

zychi

Banned
I bought a used ps4 gta v bundle and my x1 is used. Which lame team am i on?

Top Bottom