• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

bionic77

I wish that was Brady instead of Garrard.
Sadly I think that our defense is so bad right now that that fat, pale, unathletic sack of shit probably could scramble for 15-30 yards on us right now.

We are that bad.

But you are horrible for wishing for something like that on anyone.

Garrard wasn't even running for a first down. He was just trying to get to a bathroom.
Man is a hero.
He was trying to get to a bathroom but didn't have the courtesy to wait and proceeded to take a shit on the entire city of Pittsburgh.

MechDX

hungry_zps49a755ff.gif

That's my coach! I have no idea where this came from but its awesome!

GQman2121

Banned
#Texans RT @ESPNNFL: If CIN, PIT, BAL, SF, WAS, DAL, NO and CLE win, all 12 playoff spots (not seeds) will be clinched ENTERING Week 17.

Not worried about the Ravens clinching a playoff spot at this point. We won't win the SB this year, but regardless, making the playoffs matters.

He's been hit or miss. Gets good numbers, but I went into last nights game down by only a few points, easily enough for a QB to get in 1 quarter, and I didn't take the lead until that last TD.

Thank you Mark Ingram!!!!

I'll continue to pray to our black Jesus for you and Baltimore FCC, Larry.

iDI9bfa0um4Wl.gif

JABEE

I wish the Dallas game was on Saturday like the Eagles game.

The Colts say they aren't going to rest their starters, and DeMarco Murray's hand is in a cast. Mech, don't do any of your crazy voodoo Magic this week.

I never thought the Eagles would be struggling to make the playoffs with this record. :(

MechDX

At every play/ concert I go to at this school there is this one little girl who is always the "star". Bet she grows up to be that stuck up bitch in high school.

Every time I see her when I pick my kids up after school she is wearing an A&M manziel jersey. Need to find her dad and punch him in the mouth

At every play/ concert I go to at this school there is this one little girl who is always the "star". Bet she grows up to be that stuck up bitch in high school.

Every time I see her when I pick my kids up after school she is wearing an A&M manziel jersey. Need to find her dad and punch him in the mouth

:jnc

Gobias

Banned

Godslay

Banned
Fuck just read Danny Trevathan on IR. Gonna get killed by TEs in the playoffs.

We've done well without him so far. He would have been great to have back though. I just hope Marshall heals up quickly, he's proving to be invaluable. Good thing we've been cycling through these younger guys to get them some experience. Plus Ward can shift up to play LB in some situations.

Slight but nonzero chance that the Super Bowl is cancelled, because...Congress

At this point is there anything Congress can't screw up?

The unproductive and incompetent bunch that we entrenched in Washington have carved out careers in largely doing nothing and leaving us poor commoners to deal with the consequences.

Mess up my healthcare? I'll probably post a few angry Facebook comments about it. Raise taxes? Eh, I'll blame it on the Democrats. Debate scientifically proven facts? Oh, those silly Republicans.

But shut down the Super Bowl and there will be hell to pay. Football is king in America, like it or not. After this season it is clear that there is nothing the NFL and its players can do that will negatively impact ratings and ticket sales.

Yet for all of the NFL's power, there is one group that even it can not control — Congress. And unless Congress acts on the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act ("TRIA") by the end of 2014, then the Super Bowl might not happen.

Yes, that's right. A little known Federal Act involving terrorism insurance could sideline the nation's largest sporting event
according to a recent report by Bloomberg Businessweek.

As Bloomberg first reported:

TRIA was signed into law in 2002 in the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, establishing a risk-sharing partnership between the federal government and the insurance industry that made terrorism insurance widely available to U.S. businesses—among them, organizers of sporting events. Without federal support, most insurers had been unwilling to offer coverage. TRIA was renewed in 2005 and in 2007. It is set to expire on Dec. 31 unless Congress renews it.

TRIA is such a huge deal because without the law, insurance companies could face insolvency if a terrorist attack strikes a major event such as the Super Bowl. Under TRIA, the federal government backs up insurers by covering a portion of insured losses more than $27.5 billion, up to $100 billion. In return, insurers are required to offer terrorism coverage to all business clients. Unless TRIA is reauthorized by the end of December, insurers can cancel terrorism insurance policies after January 1.

The notion of a canceled Super Bowl sounds absurd to most around the sport. Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reported that the NFL's official stance is that "The Super Bowl will be played."

Top Bottom