• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

Dug

Banned
Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Winner of Atlanta Carolina.

I was asking what happens if Altanta/Carolina tie, and Saints win.

It would be...

Saints: 7-9
Panthers: 6-8-2
Falcons: 6-9-1

How do ties count? Do 2 ties count as 1 win? Would Saints get in just by having the most wins?

I know this is pretty much a no-chance occurrence, I am just curious how it would play out if it happened.

zychi

Banned
Fire Mike Tomlin! - 10-5 and in the playoffs

Fire Dick LeBeau! - team gives up 12 points

Fire Todd Haley! - #1 ranked offense

Fire Kevin Colbert! - please do

I don't understand the hate for Tomlin, he's a Pete Carrol, Jason Garrett type guy who doesn't call plays, but is still the guy and figurehead of the team.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Jl0r8CJ.gif

Man, the lions were disgusting this week.

Boo hoo. The play was going 110 MPH and Clausen slid at the last second as Ansah was going for him. Clausens' fault and he gets up like he was actually going to start some shit.

Pampered ass, Oaks Christian QB.

It's football and we got a flag for it.

It would be...

How do ties count? Do 2 ties count as 1 win? Would Saints get in just by having the most wins?

I know this is pretty much a no-chance occurrence, I am just curious how it would play out if it happened.

Ties count has half a win towards the winning percentage, but the Panthers would still win the division because of a better divisional record.

The Sunday Night Football game that NFL-GAF has been waiting for!

FALCONS!

PANTHERS!

SUB .500!

Yeah baby!

Going to throw a cinder block through my TV before I watch this trash. Saints just need to finish their season with one more loss; I know they can do it.

Crisco

Banned

It would be...

Smallest number in L column always wins.

Dragon

Banned
Boo hoo. The play was going 110 MPH and Clausen slid at the last second as Ansah was going for him. Clausens' fault and he gets up like he was actually going to start some shit.

Clausen caused the dude to launch at him helmet first? Seriously, are you still on that drug cocktail?

Smallest number in L column always wins.

The Saints would have the higher winning percentage. Seems weird. You sure?

iori9999

Banned
You know what fuck all the naysayers.. Even though they are dirty I like this meanstreak.. Atleast they are finally winning ballgames.. Mariuchi and Millen had a bunch of nice guys and how was that? Fuck all that! I mean sure I'd like them to be more civil, but in the end you want your team to win.. Did the U fans care that they acted that way either winning all those National Championships?

Duxxy3

Man I would love for Rex Ryan to be the pats defensive coordinator. With the pieces the pats have and Rex as the DC the defense would be insane.

I'd be fine with that. Matt Patricia's defense is loaded with talent, that's why I think they have done alright. I don't think it's the scheme.

beast786

Agreed.

Riaola was a shit play. But that was not

Just because you love a team you don't have to defend every single thing they do. This was a dirty hit, leading with the helmet on a QB slide is inexcusable.

It would be...

Winning pct. wise ties count as half a win

MRSA

Banned
The liquor store here sells 16oz aluminum bottles of Bud Light for 99 cents, but its still Bud Light, fuck it I bought 4.

Doorman

In fairness to Ansah for that hit, he'd already begun lowering his head and leaning forward to deliver the hit prior to Clausen actually beginning the slide. He deserves the flag for it, definitely, but I don't think at that point he was really in a position to recognize that Jimmy was starting to slide and pull himself back.

Raiola's move was just dumb as shit, but Raiola is dumb as shit so that's no big surprise.

Dragon

Banned
BlackGhost is a joke but that's for another post.

The Trent Richardson stuff pretty much cemented how dumb you are bro. Quit while you're behind.

Are you new to football? Do you know on running play that's legal

It's not legal to launch yourself off your feet helmet first on a running play as far as I recall. You can meet someone in the hole and wrap them up and have helmet to helmet contact but that wasn't really the case there. We'll not mention the fact it was a QB and he was sliding either...

Top Bottom