• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

bionic77

That play really slammed the window shut on the Jay Cutler Bears.
He had his chance to beat the Packers in 2010 in the championship game.

When he chose the exercise bike instead of a chance at glory he doomed the Bears and the a Steelers and started the Fraudgers era. :(

That was when the window was shut. It just took the Bears another 4 years to figure it out.

I am in my annual "I hate football and especially the Dolphins" phase. Wife said she was considering buying me an official Dolphins jersey for Christmas, I told her don't bother.

Yall done started it now.

Here comes the onslaught of Hawks fans posting stupid GIFS about their stupid team

I think I figured it out, you have a secret crush on Russell, and deep down you want to trade Cam for him. You act like you don't love the LOB, but your legion of whom, really were just nobodies. You're still mad that lofa Tatupu ran over your team in the NFC championship. You're still mad you guys came so close to beating us 3 years running, it's like you been friend zoned for three years straight. I get it all now you are a closet Seahawks fan. It's okay to come out the closet, it is now 2014, it's a new era we won't judge we promise.

#BeYourself
#StayTrue
#LoveYourself
#BeFree

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
honestly, it's about time. i don't want to say too much as I don't know all the details against cuba, but other countries that have done far worse we have helped or continued to do business with. how this has lasted so long is crazy

Worse than letting Russia park nukes 100 miles from our borders? I find that hard to believe. Thank goodness Charles Xavier took that bullet to save our parents!

Spinluck

I am in my annual "I hate football and especially the Dolphins" phase. Wife said she was considering buying me an official Dolphins jersey for Christmas, I told her don't bother.

Smh

You are welcome to root for us until a real team (preferably not the Pats) blow us out and send ms us home.

He had his chance to beat the Packers in 2010 in the championship game.

When he chose the exercise bike instead of a chance at glory he doomed the Bears and the a Steelers and started the Fraudgers era. :(

That was when the window was shut. It just took the Bears another 4 years to figure it out.

Let's say that Cutler stays in the game and the Bears win.

What Happens Next?

Fraudgers gets a rep as a guy who can't win the big game. Eventually the Pack turn on him and give the reins to Flynn. Matt Flynn leads to the Packers to a Super Bowl the next year and he's the one with all the accolades and fame and gets to "bang" Olivia Munn (if he's not already IRL).

Steelers win the Super Bowl. The Puppet is actually regarded as a great coach because he has two rings, and Gray Penis is considered in the GOAT QB discussion because he has three rings. A whole new generation of Steelers lifelongs is born.

Zeke

So demarco murray has been nominated for the Walter Payton man of the year award. He's also fucking people's wives!

So demarco murray has been nominated for the Walter Payton man of the year award. He's also fucking people's wives!

Do you think he's going to be alright for the game? Still a tenuous lead over Philly.

P.S. Congrats on getting past 8 wins and not sucking all the 'D' out of December!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Well, we continue doing business with Russia themselves:p

Yeah, but that's a big country, with people in it, that has actually seen a regime change. And now that an asshole is in power again, look at what we're doing to their economy with cheap gasoline!

Zeke

Do you think he's going to be alright for the game? Still a tenuous lead over Philly.

P.S. Congrats on getting past 8 wins and not sucking all the 'D' out of December!
They expect him to play and from my understanding it's his left hand not his right. So I would hope he could tough it out. I have two concerns one being ball security since he's gimped defenders will make an extra effort to strip or punch the ball out. My second concern is his blitz pick up might not be up to par. Free and Martin should be good to go Sunday too so the oline will be together.

Mrbob

post-50433-edge-of-tomorrow-emily-blunt-h-hzrE.gif

John Krasinski is a lucky man.

Eagles just need the Lions to lose to the Bears. GB is going to beat this Lions team by 35 the last week of the season. Good news about Maclin, he only signed a 1 year deal so they dont have to cut him at the end of the year. They can just let him sign somewhere else, and then use 2 more high picks on WRs. If the Eagles could open at Dallas, or at NO, or against the Cards, I think those are all winable games. To bad they wont get in though.

Bears have quit on their coaching staff. There is zero chance of them winning on sunday.

John Krasinski is a lucky man.

Bears have quit on their coaching staff. There is zero chance of them winning on sunday.

Yeah I thought that the Bears had a shot but after the MNF game I have given up hope. That was such a terrible performance, no way do they win another game.

bionic77

Let's say that Cutler stays in the game and the Bears win.

What Happens Next?

Fraudgers gets a rep as a guy who can't win the big game. Eventually the Pack turn on him and give the reins to Flynn. Matt Flynn leads to the Packers to a Super Bowl the next year and he's the one with all the accolades and fame and gets to "bang" Olivia Munn (if he's not already IRL).

Steelers win the Super Bowl. The Puppet is actually regarded as a great coach because he has two rings, and Gray Penis is considered in the GOAT QB discussion because he has three rings. A whole new generation of Steelers lifelongs is born.
Yes.

Look at the destruction that was wrought from his cowardice.

Yeah, but that's a big country, with people in it
I can attest to Cuba having people in it since a large chunk of my family lives there.;)

It's about time, IMO. It's policy rooted in 1960 politics and has no bearing on the current situation in the country.

Trey

Tdr does depressed football fan far better than anyone else. It's the only thing associated with the Dolphins that leads the league in any category.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I can attest to Cuba having people in it since a large chunk of my family lives there.;)

It's about time, IMO. It's policy rooted in 1960 politics and has no bearing on the current situation in the country.

Hey, I dated a Cuban girl in high school!

MechDX

So remind me who has to win this week to lock up all the playoff spots.

Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli
· 18h 18 hours ago
#Texans RT @ESPNNFL: If CIN, PIT, BAL, SF, WAS, DAL, NO and CLE win, all 12 playoff spots (not seeds) will be clinched ENTERING Week 17.

Why The Marc Trestman Hiring Hasn’t Worked

Marc Trestman is a good man and he knows offense, but he hasn’t adapted to the NFL. Before he became the Bears’ head coach in January 2013, he was away from the NFL for nine years. In that time, the game has changed. Players are different, strategies are different.

In 2013, Trestman’s offense did a very good job, but in 2014, defenses adapted and adjusted. The result has been an underachieving offense. Trestman didn’t have an answer to the adjustments.

Not only has Trestman struggled to adapt to changes in game strategy, but he hasn’t adapted to what goes on in the locker room. In talking to Bears players and former players, I keep hearing the same thing.

They don’t respect Trestman as coach and a leader.

They feel he worries too much about the little things that have nothing to do with football and not the most important thing, which is their performance on the field.

When Trestman was hired, he took over a veteran team on which most of the players had spent a good portion of their careers under Lovie Smith. They were used to doing things the way Smith did them. While Smith wasn’t a vocal disciplinarian, he was still strict — and the players respected that. At the same time, Smith let the players be themselves.

The players also had a leadership structure within the locker room. The leaders were mostly on the defensive side of the ball, but those players had the respect of everyone on the team. They were Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs and Charles Tillman. They were the elder statesman, and the younger players listened and looked to them.

When Trestman came in, Urlacher was phased out and, according to the players, Briggs and Tillman were more or less pushed aside as the team leaders. This didn’t sit well with Briggs, Tillman or others.

Little joys that the players had come to like were taken away for a time. For instance, there was always music blaring in the locker room. That was cut out. It wasn’t until both Tillman and Briggs pleaded with Trestman that music was brought back.

Another worry I have heard from players is the lack of accountability. While the players were told they were going to be held accountable for their off-field issues, they weren’t even held accountable for their on-field performance.

When we look at the events of last week in regards to the Aaron Kromer mea culpa to both the media and the players, we see how dysfunctional this franchise has become. In all my years in football, I have never seen a coach thrown under the bus like Kromer was.

If the powers that be found out that Kromer was the person who leaked the coach’s feelings about Cutler to the national reporter, it should have been handled strictly by Trestman in house. Having Kromer apologize to the players was a disaster. Kromer and the rest of the staff have lost all credibility and ability to lead the players.

If this staff had any chance of returning next year, it ended last week with those events. That became very apparent with general manager Phil Emery’s statement on WBBM before Monday’s game, when he distanced himself from the situation and made clear it was Trestman’s decision to retain Kromer at the moment.

Trestman really was a complete disaster as a leader. I can only imagine this whole debacle has made sales for his book on leadership soar.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 3m3 minutes ago
"When I die they're going to bury me in Texas. They're not going to bury me in St Louis." Case Keenum. Says it's good to be home. #texans

texas-flag-o.gif

279a96e78a4b9c2869963c1e2ba5c65b.jpg

ShaneB

Visit Cuba now before everything becomes expensive as rich white tourists take over and turn it into the rest of the Caribbean.

Huge implications for baseball too.

Cam Newton's throwing passes and DeMarco Murray's making one handed catches at their respective practices.

Fantasy players adjust your lineups accordingly.

However,

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 5m5 minutes ago
Derek Anderson did more than Cam Newton during the portion open to the media. Now that it's closed, that might change. #Panthers

Top Bottom