• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown is on pace for 131 catches and 1,712 yards.

To put that production into perspective consider that Brown also is on pace for more catches and receiving yards than the Kansas City Chiefs' wide receivers.

Yes, all of them.

ESPN

Welp, this isn't a good look:

B5DpPv4IMAE-gbb.jpg:large

Mrbob

I saw that posted on Deadspin this morning. Things getting serious. Cut Cutler or kill yourself, what a message.

Vio-Lence

Banned
If they fire Emery, Doctor Death, and Cutler, I'll be so happy.

Cutler and our first rounder to Washington for their first and third plus Cousins. Make it happen.

MechDX

Continuing to pay Cutler is suicide for the organization. I have no problem with that headline.

Would you take that hit on the cap for cutting him? I can not see anyone trading for him unless Chicago was willing to eat some more of that salary.

eznark

Banned
Would you take that hit on the cap for cutting him? I can not see anyone trading for him unless Chicago was willing to eat some more of that salary.

Yeah, I think they need to go full rebuild. It's addition by subtraction at this point, He only poisons the well for any young guys you bring in.

Personally I'd cut Cutler, sign Jake Locker, and go from there. Give Locker a year to see if maybe he can show a spark. If not who cares?

MechDX

This would make chris.trejo feel better, you really are a good friend

I have to keep reminding myself we were 2-12 this time last year so 7-7 is a nice step up. Playing meaningful games in December even after losing the 1-3 QB's on your roster helps me ease up.

O Brien has done a hell of a job this year even though he has made some rookie HC mistakes.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I almost feel bad for the Bears but fuck the Bears.

large_081228-andre-fluellen-packers-fans-0and16-sign.jpg

Didn't forget about the Packers either, they kicked us while we were down. The tables have turned its a new day.

On that note:

Glover Quin named NFC defensive player of the week

There’s more to the Lions Defense than Ndamukong Suh.

And Glover Quin is finally getting a little recognition for his role in it.

The veteran safety was named NFC defensive player of the week, after his interception helped seal last week’s win over the Vikings.

He has six picks this year, which is tied for the league lead. He’s had an interception in each of the last three games, as the Lions continue a playoff push.

Last week’s against the Vikings came when his team was trailing 14-0, and helped propel them to their only touchdown of the day.

Quin to the Pro Bowl.

Restore the Roar 2014.

I have to keep reminding myself we were 2-12 this time last year so 7-7 is a nice step up. Playing meaningful games in December even after losing the 1-3 QB's on your roster helps me ease up.

O Brien has done a hell of a job this year even though he has made some rookie HC mistakes.

Yeah which is why i don't believe we'll actually beat you next year.

jmdajr

I asked sports writer John McClain aka Panackes about Cutler and if the Texans would be interested. He said nope, Cutler is a "coach killer."

Yeah, I think they need to go full rebuild. It's addition by subtraction at this point, He only poisons the well for any young guys you bring in.

Personally I'd cut Cutler, sign Jake Locker, and go from there. Give Locker a year to see if maybe he can show a spark. If not who cares?

I'd give Locker 3 games to see if he can keep from getting injured. He's never lasted that long before.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Yeah, I'm optimistic on BoB. We woulda won in Indy with Fitz I'm sure too. Looking forward to see what he does with the team next year.

MechDX

I asked sports writer John McClain aka Panackes about Cutler and if the Texans would be interested. He said nope, Cutler is a "coach killer."

Yeah I agree and he is not the kind of guy McNair wants. But think of the lulz we would get if O brien went off on Cutler like he did with Brady:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu9TKEKia9s

BOB would slap a bitch

Yeah, I'm optimistic on BoB. We woulda won in Indy with Fitz I'm sure too. Looking forward to see what he does with the team next year.

Probably have one sexy, UGG's wearing QB I would guess

Vio-Lence

Banned
Cutler is a bonafide loser. I have no fear that he would suceed elsewhere. Hes hot garbage. Evolutionary Jeff George. Good riddance. Take your anti-vaccine cunt of a wife and get lost.

Man Washington, NYJ, San Fran, Chicago, the NFC South.......see Miami GAF it could be worse.
In my time as a Dolphins fan I have experienced awful in all of its various flavors. From 1-15 to consistent mediocrity, I've partaken of them all.

At least when you're the laughingstock you can eventually learn to laugh along. This whole mediocrity with a late season collapse is a lot more difficult to stomach.

Top Bottom