• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

Vio-Lence

Banned
Brett Favre won three consecutive MVPs in the 90s and won a Super Bowl. Why is he even compared to that loser Cutler.

Comparing the steroid era passing numbers to guys who played 20 years ago is brain damaged.

I guess JJ Watt's success is purely because the offenses they play against doesn't know how to run plays.

Absolutely not, but you're acting as if Cutler had zero fault in anything bad that happened to the Bears O on Monday night.

Look at just the picks.

First one:Missed a throw to a wide open target. If Cutler delivers that ball on target it hits Bennett in stride instead of him having to stick an arm out behind him and hope.

Second one: I'll give you, the receiver didn't do a great job of adjusting on the ball.

Third one: Great play by the safety, but Cutler helped him make it by (A) making a rookie mistake and not looking him off and (B) slightly overthrowing his man.

Look, I'm not saying it's all on Cutler. Everyone who's watching can see that the Bears have more problems than just him. I feel your pain. My QB is one of the more maligned in the league and certainly in this thread.

But you trying to completely absolve Cutler is silly.

Yeah but Sherm wasn't accused of raping someone, beating his girl, shooting up his own party, murdering innocent trees while high off his ass, or making bomb threats!

right, he was accused of cheating to gain an advantage on the field because he failed a test and then got off on a technicality. charges were not pressed against ray mcdonald for the incident earlier because there wasn't enough evidence or whatever. it's not a discussion on which was worse, just comparing the outcome of the two. both of them got off because there either wasn't enough evidence (raymac) or on a technicality (dicksherm)

zychi

Banned
Brett Favre won three consecutive MVPs in the 90s and won a Super Bowl. Why is he even compared to that loser Cutler.

Comparing the steroid era passing numbers to guys who played 20 years ago is brain damaged.

Because you compared him to Jeff George. I guess you missed where you used your damaged brain to compare him to someone who played 20 years ago. Keep on trying sheep.
But you trying to completely absolve Cutler is silly.
I'm not, but when everyone is LOLCUTLERSUX and doesn't realize there's more to the problem then LOLCUTLERINT. I guess I expect more from Bears fans who want to just blame the QB

Gronk is judging sausages on top chef tonight.

NUP_163560_0055.jpg

dionysus

Yaldog
well yes, i think if you give ANY QB plenty of time to throw he's going to find some degree of success. as with every QB who sucks, there are other factors than just the QB. the problem is when there are other QB's in the league that are finding more success under the same conditions (poor O-line) AND making less money.... well then that is a problem

But that error has already been made. The relevant point is does it improve the bears if they let him go. I don't think so, I think it makes them worse even if the plan is to go full rebuilding. Bears still have to field a qb; so they have to pay for quality, or throw a rookie qb to the wolves. The question is whether cutting and paying his residual guaranteed money + new qb salary gets you better value than just keeping him.

Great info. It makes the discussion harder to calculate since it is unknown what Cutler's worth is as a FA. If someone is willing to pay him 10 million a year then yea, go ahead and cut him.

But wouldn't that be in essence the same situation as a trade where the Bears would still cover some of his contract?

cajunator

Banned
Cutler lost to a shit Saints team on the road in the rain. He gave up 3 ints to a defense that cant catch a cold and 7 sacks to a team that cant get consistent pressure. Make of that what you will.
by the way, Pierre Warren was on the practice squad and moved to starting safety in that game.

Vio-Lence

Banned
The fact is the Bears would have been better off not making the Cutler trade. Hes been an unmitigated disaster.

Hes been responsible for the firings of Shanahan, McDaniels, Lovie Smith, Ron Turner, Mike Martz, Mike Tice, Marc Trestman, Kromer, and countless qb coaches. Time to stop blaming the coaches for Cutlers shortcomings.

MechDX

Brian Billick ‏@CoachBillick · 38m38 minutes ago
Oh I don't know... RT “@Bflo44: @RuiterWrongFAN And why would we listen to a coach no longer in the league?”
B5FdAqRCEAAF1U4.jpg:large

FMT's new coaching crush dropping swag!

EDIT: just saw the original tweet this was response to:

Brian Billick ‏@CoachBillick · 1h1 hour ago
Manziel proponents say he can be Russell Wilson. I liken him more to Troy Smith...a 5th rounder no longer in the NFL: http://tinyurl.com/mn29dfz

Im with FMT!

Even though Smith is a cowardly bitchass fraud even he will be tempted to throw downfield against our dogshit secondary.

When the receiver is running free and has a 10 yard cushion with no one behind him it is tough not to throw to him.

I am hoping that Alex's bitchass instincts make him check down when it happens assuming that no one could be that wide open in the NFL and that we are baiting him instead of manning up and lighting us up.

Whenever a team has a futility related stat they break it against the Steelers. Last time the Chiefs played the Steelers they hadn't had a lead all season...until they played the Steelers!

I expect this WR thing broken early.

cajunator

Banned
Cutlers main problem is body language. Qbs have some bad games but they care enough to try to fix it. Cutler acts like he cant be taught and publically ignores his OCs. Its on film.
that says that he basically doesnt give a shit..
brees fucks up sometimes but then you see him get pissed because he is angry at his performance. Most qbs do that. Cutler just stands there moping and saying "i just didnt play well enough"
he has the talent but hes not a leader or a player that inspires confidence. Its all in how he carries himself and how he never seems to care.

They expect him to play and from my understanding it's his left hand not his right. So I would hope he could tough it out. I have two concerns one being ball security since he's gimped defenders will make an extra effort to strip or punch the ball out. My second concern is his blitz pick up might not be up to par. Free and Martin should be good to go Sunday too so the oline will be together.

Yeah I read it's his left so he should be fine for the most part. My main concern would be that he's fumbled plenty of times with both hands healthy earlier in the year so I wonder what his ball security will be like as you stated. That's good that your OL is shoring back up.

Tomlin posing with the Steelers secondary
orchestra

B5Fd3t5IUAARBHa.jpg

We're going to lose this week. Every time we get a picture of him smiling mid week we lose the next game. There was one the week before the Jets game with him hamming it up with a couple guys from the D.

Stay focused, Mike! Goddammit.

cajunator

Banned
We're going to lose this week. Every time we get a picture of him smiling mid week we lose the next game. There was one the week before the Jets game with him hamming it up with a couple guys from the D.

Stay focused, Mike! Goddammit.

Its the Chiefs rught? They are a good team. Youll win.

If the Dolphins and Chargers stay in 3rd place I finally get to see Miami play

Steelers have the AFC and NFC West next year. If we win the division we tack on NE and Indy to that list. If we finish in 2nd we have most likely the Bills (maybe the Fins) and the Texans.

8-8!

Edit: Thankfully we play Oakland in Pittsburgh. I don't know whether Ben has ever beaten the Raiders, but I know he's never beaten them in Oakland.

Steelers have the AFC and NFC West next year. If we win the division we tack on NE and Indy to that list. If we finish in 2nd we have most likely the Bills (maybe the Fins) and the Texans.

8-8!

Edit: Thankfully we play Oakland in Pittsburgh. I don't know whether Ben has ever beaten the Raiders, but I know he's never beaten them in Oakland.

I hope Miami stays in 3rd, Bills will beat the raiders but I don't know if they'll beat the pats. So we need to drop at least one to stay under the bills if we win out and the bills lose one then we move onto 2nd place. in which case SD would need to win out and have KC lose at least one to stay with Miami. Knowing the dolphins they'll find a way to screw it up :/

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Cutler lost to a shit Saints team on the road in the rain. He gave up 3 ints to a defense that cant catch a cold and 7 sacks to a team that cant get consistent pressure. Make of that what you will.
by the way, Pierre Warren was on the practice squad and moved to starting safety in that game.

damn i knew the mercedes dome was bad, but its sprung that many leaks now?

zychi

Banned
I feel like i bitch about this every week now.

DONT BUY SOMETHING ON EBAY IF YOU DONT WANT TO PAY. THERE ARE WARNINGS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT! STOP WASTING MY FUCKING TIME

Top Bottom