• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

bionic77

That's exactly what I said earlier!! Teams wanna beat us, chuck it 30 yards downfield, collect the guaranteed holding/PI call, rinse and repeat!! We'll even throw in multiple neutral zone infractions on the SAME down!! :cool:
flacco really is kryptonite for NFC West teams.

Matchup nightmare for you guys being that he is the undisputed King of PI (and the prince of shitty pizza).

If they legitimately beat us I don't know anything would care. But you know first time in history of the NFL a team lose with more 1st downs, yards, time of possessions, and less turnovers.

I mean this happens every week in the NFL right? Right? Right guys?

true. seachickens are the only team in NFL history to get a series of brutally bad calls and non-calls resulting in a playoff loss. not like it happened in last years NFC title game or anything. not like!

Field goals always make that a possible outcome. But it surely is not a weekly event. It would be rare.

A weekly event would be something common like the Hawks holding receivers!

Did I mention the PI call on Jackson? Or the TD call for Ben? Or this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/06/four-years-later-bill-leavy-apologizes-to-seahawks/

“It was a tough thing for me,” Levy said in reference to his infamous performance in Pittsburgh’s 21-10 win over the Seahawks in Super Bowl XL. “I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game and as an official you never want to do that. It
left me with a lot of sleepless nights and I think about it constantly.
I’ll go to my grave wishing that I’d been better.”

(It’s right about here Seahawks fans say: Only two? The Darrell Jackson pass
interference in the first quarter and the upheld Ben Roethlisberger
touchdown late in the first half also looked questionable.)

“I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn’t good enough,” Leavy continued. “When we make mistakes, you got to step up and own them. It’s something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the
Super Bowl it’s difficult.”

true. seachickens are the only team in NFL history to get a series of brutally bad calls and non-calls resulting in a playoff loss. not like it happened in last years NFC title game or anything. not like!

We beat you guys in turnovers and time of possession, and we had the same amount of yards.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
We play the Ravens 2 times a year. They employed a murderer and still keep an alien on their defense. Ben took almost as much punishment in those games as Wussle did while he was married. But unlike Wussle he never quit.

:jnc @ "we play the Ravens twice a year when they once had Ed Reed and Ray Lewis 5 years ago". The same Ravens team that is in the outside looking in at a garbage AFC playoff race.

Did Ben take as much punishment as the girl(s) he's assualted throughout the years?

AFC North is not what it once was, old man, the only defense worth mentioning in that division are the Bengals.

The most dominant physical defense in the NFL is bar none the Detroit Lions front 7 and I say that with my Lions homerism aside.

We have a historically great run defense with the best defensive player in the league (Suh) the best Linebacker in the league (DeAndre Levy) and one of the best young defensive ends in Ziggy Ansah.

Physically dominate? Nah we will crush your skull in. Our players know that if they beat the Steelers in the SB they will get a fucking statue outside of the Link. Screw physically dominating they are going to literally commit murder on the field.

The Seahawks have a great defense but have had the luxury of playing against Colin Kaepernick, Drew Stanton and whoever the Rams put out on a weekly basis. The Seahawks have a hell of a secondary but that front 7? That's not a front 7 that I think of when I think physical.

The Lions have allowed 63.8 rush yards a game the next best team is the Broncos at 81 yards a game.

There is no better defense in the league than the Lions and it's not close.

:jnc @ "we play the Ravens twice a year who once had Ed Reed and Ray Lewis". The same Ravens team that is in the outside looking in at a garbage AFC playoff race.

Did Ben take as much punishment as the girl(s) he's assualted throughout the years?

AFC North is not what it once was, old man, the only defense worth mentioning in that division are the Bengals.

The most dominant physical defense in the NFL is bar none the Detroit Lions front 7 and I say that with my Lions homerism aside.

We have a historically great run defense with the best defensive player in the league (Suh) the best Linebacker in the league (DeAndre Levy) and one of the best young defensive ends in Ziggy Ansah.

The Seahawks have a great defense but have had the luxury of playing against Colin Kaepernick, Drew Stanton and whoever the Rams put out on a weekly basis. The Seahawks have a hell of a secondary but that front 7? That's not a front 7 that I think of when I think physical.

The Lions have allowed 63.8 rush yards a game the next best team is the Broncos at 81 yards a game.

There is no better defense in the league than the Lions and it's not close.

Who wants to tackle this monster on? Because I'm done too tired... all yours Bionic. Enjoy the KAS.

ok? i'm just saying bad calls and non-calls contributed to your win just like they did the steelers superbowl win. it sucks and the butthurt is real but nothing can change those outcomes now!

Bad calls is one thing, everyone get bad calls, but when you dominate in like 4/5 of the game and lose because of bad calls. That's.... unforgiving. Can you blame us for being butt hurt?

rando14

Yo damn now Kas is in the conversation, too many powerhouses duking it out in here!! I'm out, PLUS Home Alone is on TV and that is a mandatory viewing!!

i saw some bait click article that said "YOU WON'T BELIEVE THE INSANELY AWESOME COMEBACK MANTE TE'O HAD TO A 49ERS LINEMAN HECKLING HIM ABOUT CATFISH!" (or something to that effect). So i click on it and all he said was "come up with some new material". Lol... that's the sick burn response? if i found out one of my friends ever got catfished like he did i would clown on them for the rest of their life

It's time to let go.

Unless it's the tuck rule, you should not be holding into it "bad calls" this long.

You know who's stupid fault this is? Your stupid team! If you guys would of just did your job we could of played Peyton Manning in the SB, but NOOOOO we get the big fat rapist!!!

i saw some bait click article that said "YOU WON'T BELIEVE THE INSANELY AWESOME COMEBACK MANTE TE'O HAD TO A 49ERS LINEMAN HECKLING HIM ABOUT CATFISH!" (or something to that effect). So i click on it and all he said was "come up with some new material". Lol... that's the sick burn response? if i found out one of my friends ever got catfished like he did i would clown on them for the rest of their life

Of course your thugish team would do such a evil thing as make fun of someone about their traumatic experiences!

Slo

So you're the guy who clicks those things.

Who wants to tackle this monster on? Because I'm done too tired... all yours Bionic. Enjoy the KAS.

Bad calls is one thing, everyone get bad calls, but when you dominate in like 4/5 of the game and lose because of bad calls. That's.... unforgiving. Can you blame us for being butt hurt?

complaining about calls is a losers game my man, whether justified or not. it's a game i have played.... and i always lose!

If they legitimately beat us I don't know anyone would care. But you know first time in history of the NFL a team lose with more 1st downs, yards, time of possessions, and less turnovers.

I mean this happens every week in the NFL right? Right? Right guys?

Steelers ran for 181 yards to the Chickens 137. They were 8-15 on third downs to the Chickens 5-17. Their avg yards per offensive play was 6.1 yards to the Chickens 5.1. The leading WR in the game was Ward with 123 yards on 5 catches.

As for teams that lose despite leading in a ton of categories, I always go to Exhibit A:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200212080pit.htm

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Me and my brothers laugh to this day about Ward outrunning everyone and the explosion.

Hines%20Ward%20Super%20Bowl%20TD.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Lions Rush Yards Allowed a game: 63.8 Yards a game.

No one even comes close to that.

Seahawks Points Allowed a Game: 16.5 Points
Lions Points Allowed a Game: 16.8 Points

We also have more turnovers a game than the Seahawks.

I wish we had the luxury of playing in NFC West with all those garbage offenses. Congrats on all those interceptions on Kaepernick, Austin Davis and Ryan Lindley.

The Detroit Lions are undefeated when we score more than 14 points a game.

The stats speak for themselves.

Steelers ran for 181 yards to the Chickens 137. They were 8-15 on third downs to the Chickens 5-17. Their avg yards per offensive play was 6.1 yards to the Chickens 5.1. The leading WR in the game was Ward with 123 yards on 5 catches.

As for teams that lose despite leading in a ton of categories, I always go to Exhibit A:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200212080pit.htm

5 turnovers....

I wish we had the luxury of playing in NFC West with all those garbage offenses. Congrats on all those interceptions on Kaepernick, Austin Davis and Ryan Lindley.

Have fun losing the first round to the Cowboys!

kap would destroy your defense just like alex always did. suh also got absolutely mauled by our fucking tight ends on those trap plays. motherfucker never learned and we would just run it time and time again! i remember one play where we had him so confused he was literally in the middle of the field not being touched by anyone but not moving anywhere just looking at wtf was happening.

those were the days of our great play design and taking advantage of knuckle heads like suh. good bye harbs, i will miss U :(

And 8 penalties to the Texans 1 penalty. It wasn't the shitty play of Maddox and the offense, it was the refs!!!

Kind of proving my point. You guys have more yards but negated those yards with turnovers and 8 penalties to 1. Now if you guys had more yards, 1 turnovers to Texan's 5, and only committed 1 penalty to Texans 8 and still lost... yea I'm have to buy you a beer for that.

Kind of proving my point. You guys have more yards but negated those yards with turnovers and 8 penalties to 1. Now if you guys had more yards, 1 turnovers to Texan's 5, and only committed 1 penalty to Texans 8 and still lost... yea I'm have to buy you a beer for that.

Hawks didn't even come close to dominating in the stats in the SB as you think.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
FMT: Speaking of tight ends, look at Jason Jones completely maul whatever scrub the Packers had at tight end leading to this safety against the Packers.

2014-09-2110_54_25.gif

Our defense will maul Aaron Rodgers like we did in Week 3 and like the Bills did.

We ain't playing the Cowboys on the road in the playoffs and even if we did who has that vaunted Cowboys been dropping points on?

The Colts defense? The Eagles defense? The Giants defense?

07c0838709249a11819f74e294c79a34.520x293x49.gif

It was only a month ago the Cowboys lost to the Eagles 33-10. Cowboys ain't doing that to this Lions front 7 I guarantee you that.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Top Bottom