• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

Looking at the playoff picture, Seahawks cruise to the NFC Championship. I think the only team from the first weekend who would pose a threat to them is Dallas, but Dallas can't play Seattle without winning at Green Bay.

That Dallas vs. GB matchup should be pretty good.

Also trying to think of who the '96 Jacksonville Jaguars are of this playoff picture. The '96 Jags will always stick out to me because it was a year that Denver was so ridiculously dominant, and then Jacksonville went in and upset them, only to then be thumped the next week in New England, which sent NE to get booted by Green Bay in the SB. Going into those playoffs, the Denver / GB super bowl seemed predetermined.

Trying to think of a generally weak team who could go into #1 seed and win, only to be trounced in the following week. Not sure if anybody can go into Seattle and win. I could see Baltimore go into New England win, only to be blown out in Denver.

We were so close to having an Jacksonville/Carolina Super Bowl just one season after they entered the league. I still think it's crazy that they had deep playoff runs that in their second seasons. Hell Carolina almost made the playoffs in their first year.

JNA

Banned
Carolina.

I don't know if they can do it, but they're the obvious candidate. Relatively easy game VS Arizona, "Nobody believes in us" road game the next week against (probably) Seattle.

Kinda depends on how they play against Zona, though. I don't know if I trust them to play good two weeks a row in the playoffs...

I haven't watched the Panthers at all honestly. What are they good at? Rush defense? Pass defense? Offensive scoring?

Panthers seem to be that overachiever team but again, I haven't watched them. XD

So glad the lions lost just because of Kas, now I hope the Cowboys stomp them out of the playoffs, bunch of filthy dirty ass players. Sorry to all the good lion fans out there, y'all deserve better

We were so close to having an Jacksonville/Carolina Super Bowl just one season after they entered the league. I still think it's crazy that they had deep playoff runs that in their second seasons. Hell Carolina almost made the playoffs in their first year.
The expansion draft was very kind to Carolina/Jacksonville. Which is why the Texans and New Browns got table scraps when they joined the league later.

Seattle will run for 300 yards without any problem and Cam will be benched by half.
Probably.

So glad the lions lost just because of Kas, now I hope the Cowboys stomp them out of the playoffs, bunch of filthy dirty ass players. Sorry to all the good lion fans out there, y'all deserve better

Well you gotta find things to root for when your teams not in the playoffs. I know about that all to well.

Bowser

It's adorable that people have forgotten how pathetically awful Carolinas defense is.

Panthers have only given up 10.8 ppg during the 4-game win streak, second only to Seattle. That includes holding the Saints to 10 points in the Superdome (dropped 44 points on GB) and the Falcons to 3 points in the Georgia Dome (dropped 37 points on GB).

Glass houses and what not.

The only team I like in the AFC is the colts since I'm a fan of Luck. So I'd prefer someone in the NFC to win it if the Colts can't make it.

cajunator

Banned
Just watched the Saints game recording (was in NOLA today at the WW2 museum) and the oline needs a lot of help. We won because nothing was going to stop that Bucs tank but it was ugly.
Brees still came through at the end as he often does but the defense decided to hold the lead for a change. Overall Im glad the season is over but theres a lot of work to do.
Im happy the Panthers won the division though.

eznark

Banned
Panthers have only given up 10.8 ppg during the 4-game win streak, second only to Seattle. That includes holding the Saints to 10 points in the Superdome (dropped 44 points on GB) and the Falcons to 3 points in the Georgia Dome (dropped 37 points on GB).

When have I talked up the Packers defense?

Bowser

When have I talked up the Packers defense?

Just saying.

Also the Panthers D has been top 10 vs the pass since we benched/cut vets like DeCoud and Cason and inserted rookie DBs Bene Benewikere and Tre Boston into the lineup.

I don't think we're gonna go far in the playoffs (feel like we'll beat Arizona and then bow out in Seattle), but hey, it's the playoffs. Shit happens.

Well you gotta find things to root for when your teams not in the playoffs. I know about that all to well.

Yup, I think I'm riding the Cowboys, the media circus that Romo winning a superbowl would bring will be glorious.

The only team I like in the AFC is the colts since I'm a fan of Luck. So I'd prefer someone in the NFC to win it if the Colts can't make it.

As long as it's not the pats I ultimately don't care, this is what my football life has come too :(

The solace I would take in a hypothetical Seattle/Carolina rematch is what happened the first time they played. The numbers say Seattle should run all over them, but it didn't happen then. Sometimes scheme trumps statistics.

firen

That is my all pro safety :')

earlkarate.0.gif

I really hate the Seahawks but man was that a great play.

Syrinx

Just saying.

Also the Panthers D has been top 10 vs the pass since we benched/cut vets like DeCoud and Cason and inserted rookie DBs Bene Benewikere and Tre Boston into the lineup.

I don't think we're gonna go far in the playoffs (feel like we'll beat Arizona and then bow out in Seattle), but hey, it's the playoffs. Shit happens.
A washed up Drew Brees, Josh McCown, Johnny No-show/Brian Hoyer, and an inconsistent and frankly not all that good Matt Ryan.

I mean, yeah they're playing better, but I'm just not particularly impressed. Maybe you beat Arizona but I wouldn't write them off as a lot of people seem to be doing.

Just watched the Saints game recording (was in NOLA today at the WW2 museum) and the oline needs a lot of help. We won because nothing was going to stop that Bucs tank but it was ugly.
Brees still came through at the end as he often does but the defense decided to hold the lead for a change. Overall Im glad the season is over but theres a lot of work to do.
Im happy the Panthers won the division though.

Some people were trying to pretend like Rob Ryan got the defense going to win the game for the Saints when it was clear the Bucs tanked the shit out of that game. I'm still pissed we won. Worse draft pick and tougher opponents next year.

Also are people forgetting that the Cardinals put up some points today and still have a pretty decent defense. It's going to be a low scoring game next week that the Cardinals could definitely win.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora 21m21 minutes ago

Kansas City Chiefs' WRs: 129/1588/0/19 20+ plays/86 1st Downs

Antonio Brown: 129/1698/12/19 20+ plays/84 1st Downs

ryseing

Carolina.

I don't know if they can do it, but they're the obvious candidate. Relatively easy game VS Arizona, "Nobody believes in us" road game the next week against (probably) Seattle.

Kinda depends on how they play against Zona, though. I don't know if I trust them to play good two weeks a row in the playoffs...

Still depending on if we get past Zona. I expect the game to be a slugfest.

We'll see what the playoff brings this year. I believe the Cowboys game is a winnable game for us. It's not like 2011 where we had to the Superdome where Brees was still in God mode. It should be a close game but we can pull it out. I mean the Cowboys was our last playoff victory so maybe things will come full circle.

Top Bottom