• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Get the fuck out of here.

Favre is the reason the Packers have so many fans outside of the city of Green Bay, and Jordy is earning his yards in a pass heavy era of football.

Not sure what gaining fans has to do with anything I said? Also, Lambeau has been sold out every game since the 60s.

Better than Don Hutson?

Yeah edited my post upon reflection. He's the best Green Bay has had in the modern era? Since Sterling Sharpe? I dunno, it's impressive what he's done this season either way.

Just got back from a WWE Live Event at the Hershey Giants Center with my daughter. Caught up with the scores.

:jnc Kas.

Poor guy got assaulted after the game like the Lions got eliminated from the playoffs. It's so funny that he gets under so many people's skin here. He's even gotten Eagles fans rooting for the Cowboys next week cause they play the Lions.

Lol Tomlin "He said, She said"

Dragon

Banned
Poor guy got assaulted after the game like the Lions got eliminated from the playoffs. It's so funny that he gets under so many people's skin here. He's even gotten Eagles fans rooting for the Cowboys next week cause they play the Lions.

Frankly his posts about furriners are way worse.

Not sure what gaining fans has to do with anything I said? Also, Lambeau has been sold out every game since the 60s.

Yeah edited my post upon reflection. He's the best Green Bay has had in the modern era? Since Sterling Sharpe? I dunno, it's impressive what he's done this season either way.

It mean he turn the Packers from a bunch of nobodies into somebody.

8-8
8-8
8-8
4-12
5-9
4-12
10-6
6-10
4-12

Then Favre happened, you guys go on to win a SB, make another SB. And eventually pass the torch onto Rodgers who won another SB. Maybe you forgot but nobody gave two fucks about the 60's Packers history before Favre. Maybe the people that actually live in Green Bay care, but the rest of America couldn't even locate Green Bay on a fucking map.

eznark

Banned

Stafford is going on the road against a winning team. Lions season ended today friend. Only thing left is to hang the playoff participation banner.

I feel weird saying this (and he likely has too much of an ego to rank down) but I wouldn't mind seeing Le Beau retire and us grab Rex Ryan as a DC.

That Ravens matchup could be problematic for Pittsburgh.

Do I even watch the Bengals and Colts? I don't generally don't watch primetime Bengals play anyway.

Mrbob

Onward to black Monday!

B5_X8ZvIIAAVzHd.jpg

We are a trash team. What does that have to do with anything?

I would say the Steelers are true Super Bowl contenders but the three seed is way too high. Should have lost tonight to secure a proper championship run.

His "schtick" is amusing until it takes over three pages of this thread with the same delusional bullshit and arguments. If he got "assaulted" after the loss, I can't say I feel one iota of sympathy for him. He earned every last bit of it.

I have little to no issue with the rest of Lions-Gaf.

Bowser

I feel weird saying this (and he likely has too much of an ego to rank down) but I wouldn't mind seeing Le Beau retire and us grab Rex Ryan as a DC.

Rex Ryan has already said he will not take a DC job next season. Either going to TV or coming back as a HC.

I'm scared as shit he ends up in Atlanta. Do not want.

LevelNth

Banned
I'm still shocked the Niners didn't even fire Harbs, he agreed to just walk away from 5 mil he was unquestionably owed. Goes to show how much he didn't want to stay here no matter what. Maybe he is a bit of an egomaniac.

Rex Ryan has already said he will not take a DC job next season. Either going to TV or coming back as a HC.

I'd trade his brother for him. Speaking of which, I wonder if Rob Ryan makes it through the off season.

Gobias

Banned
HoHoyer, JFF, Connor Shaw and Furyious were all false prophets. Who am I supposed to turn to now?

Also, Penn State has a bunch of fucking weirdo fans supporting them.

So Jordy Nelson might be the best Packer receiver of all time.

And Rodgers has led this team to four straight division titles, a feat that Favre never managed.

edit: Well besides Don Hutson
Sharpe was better.

So was Brooks, but his career was so short. :(

Get the fuck out of here.

Favre is the reason the Packers have so many fans outside of the city of Green Bay, and Jordy is earning his yards in a pass heavy era of football.
I wouldn't have believed I'd be able to say this so soon, but Rodgers > Favre.

And Favre from 1995-2001 was unbelievable.

Grexeno

Yep. Worried about the Ravens, as a Pats fan. Patriots typically struggle against the Ravens and I heard that this is the best offensive team the Ravens have had, statistically, in their franchise history.
If the Ravens knock out the Pats again after beating us, I almost wouldn't be mad as long as the Broncos or whoever beat them in the AFC Championship.

His "schtick" is amusing until it takes over three pages of this thread with the same delusional bullshit and arguments. If he got "assaulted" after the loss, I can't say I feel one iota of sympathy for him. He earned every last bit of it.

I can be a bit much yes but it cracks me up how everyone gets riled up.

Man, I think Rex would be awesome in Atlanta. He's an excellent defensive coach who gets a lot out of his defensive players... The players love him, and he already has a solid offense in Atlanta. I think Atlanta would be a serious playoff contender if Rex came to coach there and was able to develop some defensive talent.

Bengals should actually feel lucky for losing this game.

I would rather go through Colts-Broncos than Ravens-Pats. A little tougher wildcard matchup but an easier 2nd round. Much rather play the Broncos than the Pats.

...although if the Bengals actually do make it that far, they might have to face the Pats anyway in the AFC championship.
If Steelers beat Ravens, Bengals would play Pats(if they can win). I would rather not have to go to mile high.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

8-8
8-8
8-8
4-12
5-9
4-12
10-6
6-10
4-12

Then Favre happened, you guys go on to win a SB, make another SB. And eventually pass the torch onto Rodgers who won another SB. Maybe you forgot but nobody gave two fucks about the 60's Packers history before Favre. Maybe the people that actually live in Green Bay care, but the rest of America couldn't even locate Green Bay on a fucking map.

I grew up in Wisconsin so we all cared?

I credit Ron Wolf and Mike Holmgren just as much as Favre for turning things around. Probably Ron Wolf gets most of the credit for identifying the talent and bringing it in. We won that Super Bowl against the Patriots with the league's #1 defense. It wasn't something Favre did all by himself by any stretch of the imagination. But yes after watching both, I think Rodgers is going to turn out to be the better quarterback than Favre and I have no clue why that's upsetting you so much!

@mortreport
Jets owner Woody Johnson will move swiftly Monday to fire both John Idzik and Rex Ryan, per sources. Johnson won't keep Ryan hanging on fate

ed: damn, needed to refresh a while ago

eznark

Banned
Man, I think Rex would be awesome in Atlanta. He's an excellent defensive coach who gets a lot out of his defensive players... The players love him, and he already has a solid offense in Atlanta. I think Atlanta would be a serious playoff contender if Rex came to coach there and was able to develop some defensive talent.

What talent?

brentech

I can be a bit much yes but it cracks me up how everyone gets riled up.

Yerp.

I just enjoy throwing his pre-game trash talk and stats back at him when it's all said and done.
Him kind of seeming like a shitty human being doesn't help with everything else, but I guess he's a master troll or just really is what he is.

I never believe in Stafford for the most part, but the Lions as a whole have largely overcome problems of the past. I tried to wish you all well before the game, but he manages to even turn that into something it's not.

8-8
8-8
8-8
4-12
5-9
4-12
10-6
6-10
4-12

Missed this.

Reggie White, Ron Wolf, and Mike Holmgren happened. Can't just say "it was Favre".

Favre was great, but the whole front office was great, and we had the GOAT d-lineman anchoring the D.

I expect Mark Davis and Reggie McKenzie will make a run at Rex. Davis wants a big name guy with a proven record and experience. Not sure if Rex will accept, but if he does, he has some quality pieces on defense, with a good chance of getting another in Gregory or Williams and a franchise QB in Derek Carr.

Also expect Marc Trestman to be pursued as OC if he is fired by the Bears. He has history with us and I think he'd be great for Carr and the offense in general.

I'd be 100% fine with kas' buffoonery in smaller quantities. I'm 95% okay with it anyway, but he deserves all the shit he gets and then some when he spams the thread with nonsense stats that are immediately proved meaningless the next time Fatford sidearms a throw out of bounds against a winning team.

Top Bottom