• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

zychi

Banned
Touche.

det-gb-levy-safety.gif

You're offensive line is going to Get Rekt, and you know that.

Look how Jason Jones (#91) tapped your tight end and the after ensued. Watch that and prepare for this Sunday.

Just curious, who won that game?

It's hard to see Detroit beating Dallas. The one thing that makes this team work is the pass rush/pressure. We lost every game we couldn't get pressure on the QB. Dallas has a great o-line, and while I wouldn't be worried about Murray at all...Romo would completely dice us.

Ultimately our offense is too bad to win a playoff game IMO. There is no consistency, no imagination, no identity, no nothing. Yea the o-line is bad but the bigger problem I have is Lombardi not adjusting the gameplan. This is essentially the same o-line from last year, when it was one of the best in the league. Linehan hid the flaws with an offense that got the ball out quickly. Slants, screens, etc. We spent much of the season flailing with deep routes that didn't have time to work due to the o-line. Lombardi has recently put some shorter routes/plays in but overall the offense still doesn't look good.

I'm more confident about the GB game than any playoff game. GB's defense is bad and their offense fails against pressure. Not guaranteeing a win, just saying I expect us to play well. After that....

rando14

Looks like Connor Shaw is starting at QB for the Brownies tomorrow

I guess that means Furyous was king of Browns-GAF after all!!

Mrbob

It's hard to see Detroit beating Dallas. The one thing that makes this team work is the pass rush/pressure. We lost every game we couldn't get pressure on the QB. Dallas has a great o-line, and while I wouldn't be worried about Murray at all...Romo would completely dice us.

Ultimately our offense is too bad to win a playoff game IMO. There is no consistency, no imagination, no identity, no nothing. Yea the o-line is bad but the bigger problem I have is Lombardi not adjusting the gameplan. This is essentially the same o-line from last year, when it was one of the best in the league. Linehan hid the flaws with an offense that got the ball out quickly. Slants, screens, etc. We spent much of the season flailing with deep routes that didn't have time to work due to the o-line. Lombardi has recently put some shorter routes/plays in but overall the offense still doesn't look good.

I'm more confident about the GB game than any playoff game. GB's defense is bad and their offense fails against pressure. Not guaranteeing a win, just saying I expect us to play well. After that....

Kas get this guy off your bandwagon and put me on. Clearly he doesn't believe in the Restoration of the Roar. I saw what Stafford did against the Bears defense last week. Made a true believer.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What does it matter if your pick is slightly higher, you'll just blow it on another Justin Gilbert-esque bust...

Looks like Connor Shaw is starting at QB for the Brownies tomorrow

I guess that means Furyous was king of Browns-GAF after all!!

Rando I'M DONE WITH YOU!

Not sure why this hasn't registered with you, but no one gives a fuck about what you think.

We care more about Gatas opinions at this point.
:jnc

new Packers coffee mug and blanket, and one of those AeroPress coffee makers!

how about yourself?
Nice! Nothing too crazy, a nice new jacket, pj's, socks, various gummy candy (a must), some money, other little stuff. My daughter got roughly 1,000 toys.

My mother-in-law thought it would be funny to gift me an old Patriots shirt with a $20 bill hidden in it. She tried really hard to get a picture of me holding it but I made sure to never let the logo face the camera. :)

Sounds like all you guys got some cool stuff!

Welp, now everybody in my family is sick. Everything hurts, and I feel like my head's gonna split if I don't throw everything in it up. This sucks.

ps: Congrats Furyous on being the new king and captain of BrownsGAF

VRMN

All the Lions lifelongs will be all over the place soon. Trickling in already.

I've been around and mostly lurking all season long. I'm mostly just waiting for the Lions to beat a good team on the road before I feel like believing in them. They just have too many flaws for me to overlook them having a pretty weak schedule. Beat Green Bay and I might just believe in their ability to win a playoff game.

Until then, expecting to be one-and-done in Dallas. Would love to be proven wrong.

brentech

You're offensive line is going to Get Rekt, and you know that.
At this point in the season, it should be a good matchup. Rookie center will have more than a couple games under his belt. I doubt they 'get rekt' any more then every team's average.
Center got put on the spot late in preseason and has made ridiculous strides.

I suspect our tackles to have a harder time than he does because if they struggle with certain guys, it's speed rushers.

Should be a really good game Sunday.
Can't wait for both it and playoffs.

RBH

Jim Nantz and Phil Simms calling the Falcons game..........I honestly think that this may be the first time that this has happened.

Fantomex

No way it can get any worse than kas.

That's the silver lining.

When's the last time dolphins lifelongs appeared

Your mom goes to college.

I've been around and mostly lurking all season long. I'm mostly just waiting for the Lions to beat a good team on the road before I feel like believing in them. They just have too many flaws for me to overlook them having a pretty weak schedule. Beat Green Bay and I might just believe in their ability to win a playoff game.

Until then, expecting to be one-and-done in Dallas. Would love to be proven wrong.

Welcome friend. Can you please talk some sense into Kas aka Matt Stafford?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just curious, who won that game?

Bears fan you should know, the Detroit Lions won. Aaron Rodgers got stomped on and couldn't handle the pass rush, nor was there a run game.

No one runs on us though considering we have a historically good run defense at 63 yards a game. Teams cannot run the ball on us. That is not an option. You have to pass the ball and while you're passing it you have less than 3 seconds to pass it

Not only did we win we caused "Packers Nation" to panic and Aaron Rodgers had to go on radio to tell "Packers Nations" to R-E-L-A-X.

Why did he have to do that? Because those smug Cheeseheads have finally started to accept the fact that the Detroit Lions are running shit.

Remember when eznark said "losers lose?"

I do, and that bullshit doesn't apply anymore so spoiled Green Bay fans are starting to panic because they know this Lions team led by Coach Caldwell, Matthew Stafford, Suh and Megatron is fucking legit and we run this town now.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Syrinx

Jim Nantz and Phil Simms calling the Falcons game..........I honestly think that this may be the first time that this has happened.
Silver lining of being a shit team.

They did call the Falcons' bloodbath against the Bucs on TNF though.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
All the Lions lifelongs will be all over the place soon. Trickling in already.

Don;t you dare compare us to Seahawks. LionsGAF and Lions fans have stuck with this shitty franchise through the Matt Millen days but we stay Stronk. Stronk, and a bit depressed but still, Stronk,

You mad cause Matthew Stafford fucked around and had yet another game winning drive on your team. Don't be mad Fanto.

d2ytX8A.gif

Appreciate greatness. Stafford fucked around and slinged a game winning touchdown on your solid defense like it was nothing.

Look at that. Dude sidearms it and casually walks off the field like "I do this shit everyday". And he does. He's not even jogging.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
d2ytX8A.gif

Look at this NFLGAF.

The milliseconds after slinged it, he knew it was GAME OVER. He fucking walked off the field. Fuck jogging, or panicking, dude knew it was a Touchdown.

Greg

Look at this NFLGAF.

The milliseconds after slinged it, he knew it was GAME OVER. He fucking walked off the field. Fuck jogging, or panicking, dude knew it was a Touchdown.
I wonder how long it took him to realize he was sliding short on 4th down

Dragon

Banned
d2ytX8A.gif

Look at this NFLGAF.

Look at what? Worse mechanics than Rivers? One of his 20 TD passes this year? The Lions are in a joke division besides the Packers. They're one and done.

bionic77

Its getting strange in here and its not even the playoffs.

Damn there are going to be a lot of tears this year.

I will be ok as long as the Pats don't beat us or win it all. Wish we had a defense. I could take my team more seriously if we did.

Top Bottom