• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

Milchjon

I told Dutch to slap me if I ever post again.

Shit.

But it's snowing.
I'm drunk off terrible beer.
Alt-J is playing.

It's alright.

so now it's begin reported that Harbs will indeed accept the job at michigan. i have to say i'm pretty shocked by that. i always felt like he was going to stay in the NFL and maybe use michigan or whoever for leverage. i guess the idea of going back to your school and turning it around is appealing but harbs has said in the past that he came to the NFL because it is the top of the mountain... the best competition you can get. now it's almost like a cowards move going back to college.

i honestly think he could take the raiders job and have them as contenders very quickly. the raiders have a lot of cap space coming up and some promising players. couple that with the broncos going to absolute shit soon (within a year or two max) and the chiefs/chargers aren't some world beaters.

just a waste to see him go back to meaningless college football :(

GQman2121

Banned
so now it's begin reported that Harbs will indeed accept the job at michigan. i have to say i'm pretty shocked by that. i always felt like he was going to stay in the NFL and maybe use michigan or whoever for leverage. i guess the idea of going back to your school and turning it around is appealing but harbs has said in the past that he came to the NFL because it is the top of the mountain... the best competition you can get. now it's almost like a cowards move going back to college.

i honestly think he could take the raiders job and have them as contenders very quickly. the raiders have a lot of cap space coming up and some promising players. couple that with the broncos going to absolute shit soon (within a year or two max) and the chiefs/chargers aren't some world beaters.

Unlike other collegiate coaches that have tried and failed in the NFL, he really seems better suited to the pro game. They must be willing to offer him comparable money and unlimited power. I'm sure he'll be back in a few years once the perfect situation presents itself.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Unlike other collegiate coaches that have tried and failed in the NFL, he really seems better suited to the pro game. They must be willing to offer him comparable money and unlimited power. I'm sure he'll be back in a few years once the perfect situation presents itself.

Yeah, I don't really get it either as he really seems like a pro coach. Maybe they threw an absolute boat load of money at him.

bionic77

Maybe he is a pain to deal with for the owners and they don't want to deal with a douchebag like that.

A lot of owners only want to win on their terms. Which is why they never win...

BigAT

Good analysis. Counterpoint:

AQwtwzv.jpg

We all know that if he goes to the Raiders his stock drops like a rock.

That team has little talent and an owner with less patience than Baalke.

Jarnet87

He is doing the smart move just like Saban did. That Oakland job would of been his last in the NFL. Now he can go to Michigan and rebuild the program and come back to the NFL in 4 or 5 years if he really wants to. The best job for him would of been the Dolphins. It's a team with a solid defense, a solid offensive line, a decent QB and some quality weapons.

We got some quality pieces on defense and a QB. He could do worse.

The reports about Mark Davis are mostly bullshit. As far as meddling owners go, he's pretty mild compared to most of them.

We got some quality pieces on defense and a QB. He could do worse.

The reports about Mark Davis are mostly bullshit. As far as meddling owners go, he's pretty mild compared to most of them.
Raiders have potential, but Harbaugh needs to hit the ground running wherever he lands. He needs to fight the perception that his success in San Fran wasn't due to the system.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.

Yeah, I don't really get it either as he really seems like a pro coach. Maybe they threw an absolute boat load of money at him.
The contract was $48mil over six years. Converts to a top 3 NFL contract.

It's all about ego. Harbs gets to go save his school, get a statue put in of himself, and in six or seven years go back to the NFL to any team and situation he wants. He's still young so I'm sure he'll be fine.

cdyhybrid

I'm not surprised that Harbs is a bit wary of taking another NFL job after the team that hired him sabotaged him with garbage draft picks, leaked behind-the-scenes stuff to make him look bad, and then fired him after 3 straight NFC championship games.

Oh well, it'll be nice seeing the Singletary-era Niners back!

Top Bottom