• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

ib2mkSkqJxeXdL.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=129236837#post129236837

Fox318

I don't think so

Jerry would have Goodell out in a heartbeat. I'm sure he'd rather have an uncapped league to build his and the NFL's brand.

Outside of the Glazers and Khan I can't believe most owners like the idea of the London series.

Many of the conservative owners can't be happy with how the league doesn't have uniformity with regards to Obamacare(Full time/Part time employment status).

Plus is Goodell really going to be in the best position to negotiate the new TV deal? Apparently one of the reasons why he issued the policy was that when in SF many tech executives reamed his ass out over the rice situation(I remember hearing a rumor that Marissa Mayer was one of them)

Plus each of the ownership groups probably have a man they'd like to put in place to fight for their interest.

JABEE

I tip. I just don't like the idea of McCoy getting shit on by a waiter that admitted to ignoring him and not bringing him his appetizer. There's also some weird thing about the waiter thinking he was McCoy's friend. I wonder what McCoy side of the story would be.

Bowser

The owners authorized a $44.2m payout for Goodell in 2012, so I think it's safe to say they're pretty satisfied with him.

So then why did they issue punishment without all of the facts?

Why did the Ravens trot out Ray Rice like a war hero?

Why didn't Goodell take the issue seriously from the start?

Any other company would have placed Rice on paid suspension until the matter was settled in the courts.

Goodell is a Nazi

Goodell is a communist

Goodell is anti-Christ

Goodell is Satan.

Aren't we suppose to hear about this new drug test agreement tonight?

I'm about to sign off, but I'm down for some Destiny games in about an hour probably

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'd do the exact same. Can't decide if I think it is a good deal for MS though.

It's a terrible idea because Minecraft is clearly on the downswing of the demand curve. I'm not sure where they're going to get that $2 billion of value from unless there really was a Minecraft 2 in the works.

Or here come the microtransactions

Fox318

The owners authorized a $44.2m payout for Goodell in 2012, so I think it's safe to say they're pretty satisfied with him.

Yeah because everybody except for the Browns was making money.

How is it going to look in October when all of the players are wearing pink?

NFL has been trying to expand for women for years and something like this could turn away a very significant chunk.

Nobody really know what the vote is and I'm not sure you can trust guys like Peter King and Shefter to report on it truthfully.

Plus what else has Goodell been hiding?

Did the league ever cover up stuff like this before?

Goodell can't point to a fall guy because he turned himself into the judge/juror/executioner.

NFL would be better off having Paul Tagliabue serve in a temp role and letting Goodell resign untill they can find a replacement.

It's not like every owner voted for him to be commish but they would need a overwhelming vote to get him out so it's highly unlikely.

If one owner opens his moth against the commissioner then the others are going to have to defend him. If a group comes out Kraft is going to be the only one defending Goodell.

bionic77

Messing up his order, avoiding his table, and being a big enough dick to post the receipt online is a good enough reason to feel like McCoy was right to not give him 17% as a tip.
Are you supposed to tip at fast food joints?

I only tip if the food is delivered or I get a waiter.

Bowser

Yeah because everybody except for the Browns was making money.

How is it going to look in October when all of the players are wearing pink?

NFL has been trying to expand for women for years and something like this could turn away a very significant chunk.

Nobody really know what the vote is and I'm not sure you can trust guys like Peter King and Shefter to report on it truthfully.

Plus what else has Goodell been hiding?

Did the league ever cover up stuff like this before?

Goodell can't point to a fall guy because he turned himself into the judge/juror/executioner.

NFL would be better off having Paul Tagliabue serve in a temp role and letting Goodell resign untill they can find a replacement.

To be clear, I think Goodell SHOULD resign. His tenure has been littered with one unmitigated PR disaster after another. But he got the owners the deal they wanted, and I just don't think enough of them give a shit to try and force him out.

eznark

Banned
I own Destiny on a disc and I own it digitally. Can I install from the disc, sell the disc, and still play it? This download is taking forever

KaYotiX

Banned
FREE HYDRO.

Also, I'm liking all of the picks for Jets over GB. You guys are smart. We all know Aaron Rodgers is going to choke at home and get discount double sacked while McCarthy is going to sit on the sideline looking like:

Rodgers is going to light the Jets up. McCarthy will still have that dumb stare though.

Bread

Banned
This is a huge get for Microsoft, I'm not sure why gaming side is just pushing it aside like minecraft isn't worth shit. If they develop Minecraft 2 into something worth buying they are going to sell a shit ton of consoles.

KaYotiX

Banned
I own Destiny on a disc and I own it digitally. Can I install from the disc, sell the disc, and still play it? This download is taking forever

Yes I think so, I did that with my EA games that are in the vault now. At least on xbox One that's how it is.

Fox318

To be clear, I think Goodell SHOULD resign. His tenure has been littered with one unmitigated PR disaster after another. But he got the owners the deal they wanted, and I just don't think enough of them give a shit to try and force him out.

Enough gave a shit about the Refs pensions to put out a sub part product just to prove a point politically (Jets and Panthers owners).

None of the owners from different areas have much in common so to expect them to have a single consensus behind Goodell seems crazy.

I am soooo tired of hearing about this Ray Rice story. Why did this video have to surface on week 1? It's sucking all the fun and excitement out of the NFL kick off.

Draxal

So then why did they issue punishment without all of the facts?

Why did the Ravens trot out Ray Rice like a war hero?

Why didn't Goodell take the issue seriously from the start?

Any other company would have placed Rice on paid suspension until the matter was settled in the courts.

1. Can't punish him indefinitely, hence McDonald playing for the 49ers right now.

2. He had to face the press, hiding him would have been even more disastrous.

3. He did, it was uncharted waters for him and he buttfumbled it.

4. IT WAS SETTLED IN THE COURT ALREADY.

This is a huge get for Microsoft, I'm not sure why gaming side is just pushing it aside like minecraft isn't worth shit. If they develop Minecraft 2 into something worth buying they are going to sell a shit ton of consoles.

"huge get for Microsoft"

There's your answer.

I don't want to sound like yankee, but MS has been pissing in Gaming Side's wheaties for the past year and a half. They're fed up and its clouding their judgement.

jbug617

Banned
Wasn't they trying to blackmail Jerry with those pics? Maybe he wouldn't play ball and now they are stepping up their pressure.

MechDX

2 billion for the Minecraft maker company? There has to be better ways to invest in the gaming industry than that lol

As a father of two sons who are into Minecraft I can honestly say: you have no idea how big that damn IP is. I have spent hundreds on the toys, clothing, games and everything else related to it.

To be fair anyone in this thread could have had Goodell's job and presided over similar NFL growth. It sells itself, Goodell is not some unique genius in the room who steered things in a way exclusive to him. Someone like David Stern made moves we can argue over with respect whether they grew the NBA or not (specifically the move to attract more white fans by removing the "hip hop" image of the league), but I don't see anything like that in Goodell's tenure.

And clearly his image as an iron fist of justice/anti-thuggery is completely gone now. Not saying he'll be forced to resign, just saying he's not teflon anymore.

Fox318

Why are people getting upset about Minecraft like it's an Xbox thing?

• Angry fans from PC for lack of promised mod API?
  • fans from other consoles who feel that they won't get the next minecraft product
  • Minecraft players who belive this will halt updates to Vita/PS4/mobile/PC

Even if the cost is high this is a huge get.

This would be like sega getting a hold of the Mario IP. Minecraft is huge for younger kids and families.

Honestly Nintendo should be throwing all of its cash to get it. It could launch the console into relevancy more than any other mario game if Minecraft 2 was WiiU exclusive.

Bread

Banned
"huge get for Microsoft"

There's your answer.

I don't want to sound like yankee, but MS has been pissing in Gaming Side's wheaties for the past year and a half. They're fed up and its clouding their judgement.
For the past year Microsoft has almost done nothing but positive things to restore their image, Sony side I mean gaming side needs to get the fuck over it.

jakncoke

Banned
As a father of two sons who are into Minecraft I can honestly say: you have no idea how big that damn IP is. I have spent hundreds on the toys, clothing, games and everything else related to it.

There is Minecraft toys and clothes? Society is nothing but consumer whores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom