• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Why is Payton Manning still great? Seriously wtf is his secret? The guy hardly ever gets sacked. Does he just always has a great offensive line or is he the one that makes it great?

He pisses me off because he's still this good. XD

Major adjustments/audibles at the line, and quick passes.

JNA

Banned
Better than being the forever Lions/Browns..ect

Lions are the kings of wasting good talent like Barry Sanders and soon Calvin Johnson, so I don't feel as sorry for them like I do for the Browns. You should send Megatron to GB so that he and Rodgers can rule the league forever MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Lions are the kings of wasting good talent like Barry Sanders and soon Calvin Johnson, so I don't feel as sorry for them like I do for the Browns. You should send Megatron to GB so that he and Rodgers can rule the league forever MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

Calvin Johnson is switching to defense?

Sweet!

JNA

Banned
Major adjustments/audibles at the line, and quick passes.

Makes me think Manning would be just as great of a coach with the amount of adjustments and audibles he makes.

I mean do the players even listen to the coach during practice? Manning seems like he doesn't need any of the coach's help lol.

harSon

Banned
Better than being the forever Lions/Browns..ect

That's not what I said though. I said I'd rather not have Harbaugh as a coach. He fell short as an NFL player. He fell short as a college coach. And now he continues to fall short as an NFL coach. He has a history of never winning the big game. After everything is said and done, and Harbaugh's tenure has lapsed, the Niners will have entered the unavoidable downturn with nothing but NFC Championship and Super Bowl losses.

Velcro Fly

Manning also has a lightning quick release and is pretty big. He can step up and avoid guys getting an arm on him to deliver the ball.

Bowser

Luke Kuechly with dat athleticism:

DeadIndolentFlee.gif

thatsmymlb.gif

Why is Payton Manning still great? Seriously wtf is his secret? The guy hardly ever gets sacked. Does he just always has a great offensive line or is he the one that makes it great?

He pisses me off because he's still this good. XD

A little bit of both. Early in his career with the Colts his oline was great. They could pass protect and run the ball. Later in his Colts career the line got worse and could only pass protect effectively. He lucked out going to Denver that had a solid oline that got better with Vasquez coming from the Chargers. Like others have said, it's a symbiotic thing. Rarely do things work like we think in a vacuum. His recognition and ability to process and make quick decisions helps his oline out a lot, but at the same time, he's had better talent at the line than a lot of other bad teams.

Those are the years that got you to where you're at now! Now you just need a real QB, and a coach who doesn't become Peyton Manning in the big game and you're set.

We are where we are because of the 2010, 2011, 2012 draft classes. And it wasn't like we had top 10 picks all 3 of them. Most of our guys were gems we found in later rounds minus Okung, and Earl.

Beast mode and Harvin were both from trades. It's not like we suck for luck, or whatever the fuck it was for Cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom