• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I think they should just get rid of the refs and have people live tweet each game and if enough people tweet for a flag, they call a penalty.

Seriously, they aren't going to make everything reviewable.

Trey

What's the problem? If human error can be removed from officiating that's a positive.

Sure. Just saying. The rules should be rewritten as well.

Why is holding ten yards but a false start five? Holding happens all the time but is called with discretion.

eznark

Banned
I think they should just get rid of the refs and have people live tweet each game and if enough people tweet for a flag, they call a penalty.

Seriously, they aren't going to make everything reviewable.

There is no excuse for an incorrect horse collar or facemask call, there are no gray areas. They are clearly defined, binary penalties.

I can't remember there being so many.

I believe we have these to thank.

1319462110-penalty-flag.jpeg

Belichick already thought of this and GAF laughed at the notion and so didn't the NFL.

Well then holding is going to be called on every play. I think the control center in NY should review it, and the refs in game just go on as usual. If the control center see something outrageous then they up the refs and tell those guys to call timeout and etc..

Spinluck

The refs fucked us over but there's no use in complaining about it. Everyone knows that the officiating in this league is garbage. I'm more disappointed in this piss poor defense being incapable of reading a screen, it's possible, but you wouldn't think so watching this shit team lol.

Go win the division Houston! See you in the divisional round!

Russell going to be a Hawk forever. Maybe he can go after Kaep.

I don't mean he'll ever get either of those guys, just that kind of player, that skill set. It would be interesting to see what will happen in this draft if a guy like Marriota or Brett Hundley falls down close to where the Eagles are drafting.

JABEE

There is no excuse for an incorrect horse collar or facemask call, there are no gray areas. They are clearly defined, binary penalties.
Eagles had the same call made against them last week with Fletcher Cox. Bad call. Inexcusable. I'm just happy the Eagles got the W.

effzee

I get the feeling Foles is not the guy Chip ultimately wants as his long term QB. I think he'd cream his pants for a guy more like Kaepernick or Russell.

Yeah but Chip is in a win win situation.

Inherited Vick and Foles. Vick couldn't stay healthy and Foles was a revelation. But Foles is still on his rookie deal and being paid nothing. If he doesn't improve and they continue to win in spite of him, Chip can let him walk or try to trade him and draft Mariota.

Vick did add the dimension on offense that is severely lacking with Foles. Arm strength and ability to run on read plays. Too bad couldn't stay healthy.

Foles isn't the answer but why did they move on from Vick then as at least a backup?

Too expensive to keep as a back up. And Vick can say whatever but he knew he went to the Jets knowing there was, still is, a chance he gets to start this season.

Tom Penny

Well then holding is going to be called on every play. I think the control center in NY should review it, and the refs in game just go on as usual. If the control center see something outrageous then they up the refs and tell those guys to call timeout and etc..

All he wanted to do is be able to throw flags on any play and question the call whether it's holding, PI, offsides was accurate etc..

Bread

Banned
I don't mean he'll ever get either of those guys, just that kind of player, that skill set. It would be interesting to see what will happen in this draft if a guy like Marriota or Brett Hundley falls down close to where the Eagles are drafting.
If the Eagles have a system that needs a specific type of player, like Mariota, they should give up whatever it takes to get that guy on the team.

chris121580

Such a painful loss. I'm so frustrated with the 2 missed calls but even more frustrated we didn't have Bradshaw in on that last series. 2 running plays to Richardson is just dumb.

I also think we could've played it safer when we were in field goal range on the second to last drive. No reason to force a pass. Throw the ball away, take the field goal, go up 10, and go home with a win. This team has a lot to improve on

gutshot

That was most definitely a horsecollar tackle on McCoy. The rules state:

Article 15: Horse-Collar Tackle. No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey pads or jersey, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket.

Note: It is not necessary for a player to pull the runner completely to the ground in order for the act to be illegal. If his knees are buckled by the action, it is a foul, even if the runner is not pulled completely to the ground.

Pulled down by the jersey and his knees buckled. The Eagles got called for the same thing last week. Good call.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Oh gimme a break. The Colts schedule is the same fucking schedule, except for two games. One could argue the Colts schedule might be just as easy since they get two games against the 2-14 Texans...

Anyway, when was the last time we had a good Monday night game?

Also Foles threw for what 75 yards? The rest were from yards after catch?

I love how people are saying the Texans have the easiest schedule lol It's hilarious considering we were the "WORST" team in the league last year and we are supposed to be easy W's for teams . We have a new coach this year and a average/crappy QB still.

No Texans fans complained how hard our schedule was last season. lol Throwing the Texans have a weak schedule shit around this year is weak.

It baffles me how this stuff isn't thought of immediately.

In hockey there's still no option to correct a referee if he thought the puck went over the glass when it didn't.

There's no gray area there, yet they keep trotting out the same excuses of how it will slow down the game and remove the human element.

MechDX

Houston beat awful Washington and clueless Oakland. They might scratch out 7 or 8 wins but the Colts should beat them both times.

Was that same excuse the Colts used in 2011? Get out of here with that bullshit! The Colts are what I have said for months: great QB, shitty defense and a Swiss cheese o line yet everyone is riding their jock like they are the second coming

Good job to my Eagles cousins.

Drakeon

Why is Pagano a head coach again? What is it that he did in Baltimore that makes him a head coaching candidate?

I know we have pretty much no talent on the D-line but holy shit, adjust anytime you see Sproles...
Arians is so much better it isn't funny. It's too bad you couldn't have kept him instead of Pagano.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom