• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
we kept Luck under 200 yards because They ran the ball well against us and just continued to do it to Run clock...Their strategy was to try and keep us off the field.

Partly us, and Partly their Strategy as to Luck's Passing numbers.

gutshot

Arians never did this cowardly bullshit.

Sure he would have Luck throwing 50 times a game behind a shit O-line, but with players we currently have at the skill positions I wouldn't mind it. :(

Pagano should stick to anything but being a head coach. Show some damn confidence in your QB.

Yeah, that final sequence of plays was confusing. 2 runs and then a pass into a dime defense? I guess he wanted to go to what was working in the run game, but the Eagles had already figured it out by then.

Colts play the Jags this week.

If the Jags win, I say we start a post-mortem thread for the 2014 Colts because holy shit

Colts gonna be awful the year we don't have their #1 pick.

It's Cleveland's time to shine. Lebron's going to win a championship this year, retire from the NBA, win a Super Bowl as JFF's trusted TE, retire from the NFL, then fuck, I don't know. star in Major League 7 or whatever the Indians are good for.

I hope Buffalo goes 19-0.

The Browns will finally have the 32nd pick! :D

:(

Drakeon

Arians never did this cowardly bullshit.

Sure he would have Luck throwing 50 times a game behind a shit O-line, but with players we currently have at the skill positions I wouldn't mind it. :(

Pagano should stick to anything but being a head coach. Show some damn confidence in your QB.
Arians just got a road win with Drew fucking Stanton, I'm super impressed (yes yes Giants look awful, still impressive). Plus he's turned Carson Palmer into a halfway decent QB.

Not looking forward to going to Arizona. Could be 1-2 after next week.

Well... he's half right. If RG3 is toast, it'll be remembered as a "pure injury" problem, because that's what it has been. Dude can't stay healthy. Simple as that. No need to scrounge for media hype blaming or any other nonsense reason.

He can't help his team while he's on IR.

:jnc

I forgot about that.

JABEE

Fletcher Cox brought a lucky fan down onto the field after the game.

DWKkjLM.jpg

:)

effzee

WHEW!!! Kendricks just has a Calf spasm....

I think all Eagles Fans are giving a sigh of relief...cause dat Casey matthews is terrible doe.

Casey is only on the team cause of his Oregon connection with Chip.

God he sucks. And Reid drafted him in the 4th round thinking he would be our starting mlb.

Could have kept much better actual LBs for depth.

A Clay Matthews?

You mean he got drastically overpaid hampering the team's ability to sign free agent talent leading to a middling defense and a perpetual series of early playoff exits and an endless cycle of relative mediocrity?

You guys sure are getting deep with your references these days.

HzzUW44.gif

Trey

What we did this past draft was pretty Draft Day esque. Now we just need the fucking Bills to lose. The year we have your pick, playoffs for Colts. The year we have Bills pick, they're magically 2-0 :(

Bills were 5-2 in 2011. Went 6-10. If I was a Browns fan, I'd start panicking if the Bills were 2 games over .500 in week 13.

As a bills fan, I trust nothing until the clock reads 00:00 and the Bills have clinched. And even then...

Drakeon

A Clay Matthews?

You mean he got drastically overpaid hampering the team's ability to sign free agent talent leading to a middling defense and a perpetual series of early playoff exits and an endless cycle of relative mediocrity?

You guys sure are getting deep with your references these days.

HzzUW44.gif
Would Thompson even sign anyone if he could though? Thought you guys had some cap space this year and didn't do much with it. Could be remembering wrong.

Not to say they Matthews isn't over paid, because he is.

I'm sorry your scrub teams will bounce immediately in the playoffs after looking like shit during flukey early-season wins while the 17-1 Ravens meet the 17-1 Seahawks in the Super Bowl

I'm not sorry

Would Thompson even sign anyone if he could though?
Doubtful. He's proving too conservative for his own good.

Let Woodson and Jenkins walk which explains our defense's collapse. Didn't sign Tuck or any upper level DE afterwards. Could have had Marshawn Lynch for Hawk and a 3rd but passed on that deal.

The ship is sinking and everyone's too busy listening to the music to realize it.

Drakeon

Doubtful. He's proving too conservative for his own good.

Let Woodson and Jenkins walk which explains our defense's collapse. Didn't sign Tuck or any upper level DE afterwards. Could have had Marshawn Lynch for Hawk and a 3rd but passed on that deal.

The ship is sinking and everyone's too busy listening to the music to realize it.
GB needs to clean house. Fire Thompson, McCarthy, and Capers. Who is actually able to fire Thompson with the weird structure of GB though? (not that I think he's necessarily in danger of losing his job, but I can't remember the last time he hit big on a draft prospect).

GB needs to clean house. Fire Thompson, McCarthy, and Capers.
It will never happen but I agree. Green Bay's offense has looked like shit since 2012.

Cobb in 2011 was pretty amazing 2nd round value. They've had pretty solid success in later rounds with Hayward and Hyde. Rounds 3 and 4 they've done well.

Their 1st round picks have been consistently dogshit, though, and as much as people like to say Ted plays the board he's picked for need more often in critical rounds.

Who's making the struggle OP this week?

GB needs to clean house. Fire Thompson, McCarthy, and Capers. Who is actually able to fire Thompson with the weird structure of GB though? (not that I think he's necessarily in danger of losing his job, but I can't remember the last time he hit big on a draft prospect).

They need to send ez down to Green Bay to fire them.

zychi

Banned
Amazing how a playoff team, who won this week, and has one of the best QBs in the NFL, their fans are clamoring to fire everyone.

You could be the Browns or Giants.

Talking about GB

Sanjuro owns shares. Drop the hammer anytime now!

Mark Murphy is President of the team and Packer rep at the owner meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom