• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

If the Eagles have a system that needs a specific type of player, like Mariota, they should give up whatever it takes to get that guy on the team.

If Foles stinks it up we will draft top 10 and could move up to take Mariota. If Foles starts playing better and more like last year, we have to keep him and pay him.

He was super late on throws and then doesn't have the arm strength to makeep up for it. And his decision making was awful again. Missed wide open guys all game long. Missed Riley Cooper many times but most noticeably on a crossing pattern which would have picked up a first. But then again Cooper dropped a beautiful pass for a TD.

Missed Maclin deep about 3 times. Even on the Maclin TD threw super late. On the 2nd down scramble in the 4th he could have had the first but prematurely slid which led to a 3rd and 1 which Colts stuffed.

Tom Penny

Blame the refs incompetent play calling and a bad pass. The obvious objective is to make it at minimal a 2 possession game and they blew it.

Can't front....In the offseason, I was upset about losing desean for nothing...and getting Sproles instead of a getting a more popular safety in the offseason and I gotta say....they made the right moves in regards to desean and sproles...

I still wish we got Another more capable safety with Jenkins or another good pass rusher...but shit...Im happy with Kelly's offseason moves now.

Foles needs to play better. I can't take these roller coaster games.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
There is no excuse for an incorrect horse collar or facemask call, there are no gray areas. They are clearly defined, binary penalties.
I don't disagree. But people are calling for every call to be reviewable. Would be nuts. Especially considering the reviewers can't seem to get it right either, see Percy Harvin, yesterday.

I love how people are saying the Texans have the easiest schedule lol It's hilarious considering we were the "WORST" team in the league last year and we are supposed to be easy W's for teams . We have a new coach this year and a average/crappy QB still.

No Texans fans complained how hard our schedule was last season. lol Throwing the Texans have a weak schedule shit around this year is weak.
Throwing out the "easy" schedule for any team is horseshit, since everyone in the division plays the exact same schedule except for 2 games. But its especially funny considering the Colts were the better team last year, therefore their win total contributes to a more "difficult" schedule for the Texans and vice versa, the Texans being awful, contributes to a "easier" schedule for the Colts.

chris121580

If Foles stinks it up we will draft top 10 and could move up to take Mariota. If Foles starts playing better and more like last year, we have to keep him and pay him.

He was super late on throws and then doesn't have the arm strength to makeep up for it. And his decision making was awful again. Missed wide open guys all game long. Missed Riley Cooper many times but most noticeably on a crossing pattern which would have picked up a first. But then again Cooper dropped a beautiful pass for a TD.

Missed Maclin deep about 3 times. Even on the Maclin TD threw super late. On the 2nd down scramble in the 4th he could have had the first but prematurely slid which led to a 3rd and 1 which Colts stuffed.
You guys had a lot of drops tonight as well where Foles placed the ball perfectly. I find it hilarious Eagles fans are doubting him. You have a great quarterback who rarely makes mistakes. Be happy with it

gutshot

Btw foles hate is like the most retarded stuff ever

He was just OK tonight. Left a lot of plays on the field. On the flip side, he did lead them back from 20-6 down in the 3rd and got himself a game-winning final drive. Andrew Luck does that and everyone is on his jock.

Spinluck

Houston beat awful Washington and clueless Oakland. They might scratch out 7 or 8 wins but the Colts should beat them both times.

Even if we win the division we won't get far.

Pep is so predictable, and Pagano is too conservative when it matters. Our defense is also paper thin in depth, and our offense is very inconsistent. We have Luck, yet we seem to have an identity crisis on offense. I never bought into this whole, "let's bring the Stanford offense to Indy!" Bullshit. Luck can learn a new offense just fine – he was the first overall pick ffs lol, and we don't have what it takes to power run consistently.

I don't think we are worse or better than we were last year, I think we're pretty much the same. It's just that the incompetence of our coaching staff is showing more and more by the week. Where last year Pagano would get away with shitty decisions, he isn't getting by this year.

JABEE

That Ertz pass before the big 3rd down Shady run was a poor pass.

Cooper dropped that pass in the end zone.

Foles still hasn't had a good game.

gutshot

Oh god I had forgotten. He looked bad. It was his knee. I was watching the game muted while the baby slept. What did they say about the injury?

They said it was a calf injury. Hoping for just a mild pull.

I would say this week's game was good, but not great. Missed a few throws but he looked much more comfortable in the pocket than last week.

yea, that terrible pass to a WIDE open Ertz...under throwing maclin deep turning into a INT..

and quite a few other throws....

Foles isn't bad or good..hes just been REALLY incosistent.....If he has more consistency then we as a team would run away with wins.

JABEE

I still believe in Foles though. He's having his sophomore slump. Needs to snap out of it.

Can't wait until this Eagles offense is operating with Foles playing at his potential. Really excited.

Yep. Guy is incredible. He's the east coast equivalent to Alex Smith.

Foles and Alex smith are very different players.

can't really compare them.

With that said. I don't think people are doubting Foles, it's just we know what he is capable of and he hasn't been playing to it and has been very inconsistent.

Pepiope

image.php

chris121580

I still believe in Foles though. He's having his sophomore slump. Needs to snap out of it.

Can't wait until this Eagles offense is operating with Foles playing at his potential. Really excited.
Definitely potential to be a dangerous team if Sproles can stay healthy.

Pats will send Brady to the Browns for a conditional 7th and then they'll trade him to Indy for Luck & Indy's first. It'll be like Draft Day in real life.

What we did this past draft was pretty Draft Day esque. Now we just need the fucking Bills to lose. The year we have your pick, playoffs for Colts. The year we have Bills pick, they're magically 2-0 :(

Yep. Eagles are 2-0 right now and Foles has been inconsistent but they are still 2-0.

I'm all for giving him another couple games before getting into the "is foles enough" discussion.

MechDX

Only one thing is clear : Luck is no Fitzmagic

Harvard better than Stanford
Full, glorious beard better than scruff
2-0 better than 0-2

Narag

Quit saying mean things like that.

It's Cleveland's time to shine. Lebron's going to win a championship this year, retire from the NBA, win a Super Bowl as JFF's trusted TE, retire from the NFL, then fuck, I don't know. star in Major League 7 or whatever the Indians are good for.

What we did this past draft was pretty Draft Day esque. Now we just need the fucking Bills to lose. The year we have your pick, playoffs for Colts. The year we have Bills pick, they're magically 2-0 :(

I hope Buffalo goes 19-0.

Spinluck

Arians is so much better it isn't funny. It's too bad you couldn't have kept him instead of Pagano.

Arians never did this cowardly bullshit.

Sure he would have Luck throwing 50 times a game behind a shit O-line, but with players we currently have at the skill positions I wouldn't mind it. :(

Pagano should stick to anything but being a head coach. Show some damn confidence in your QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom