• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think the Giants can beat the Cards?
Nope.

Even with their defense on the depleted side, there's no way you can go into this game after having watched the Giants offense operate and think they're going to be productive.

We'll see if the defense gets the communication issues under control but even if they did and played an amazing game, I still have little hope. News from todays practice wasn't positive on how the offense looked during practice (at least for the short portion that was open to the media).

Spinluck

BxQF5mkCEAEsgxA.jpg:large

Trent Richardson, ladies and gentlemen.

Lol, I wonder what Luck is thinking.

eznark

Banned
Meh, it's more interesting than reading about Ray Rice and Roger Goodell for the umpteenth time.

But everything about the "statistical analysis" is literally wrong. He assumes all losses are equal, assumes every team has the exact same schedule, assumes conditions for making the playoffs remain constant year in and year out.

In the NFL every loss isn't even worth the same. Losing to a non-conference teams isn't as bad as losing to a conference team isn't as bad as losing to a divisional team. It's just fucking awful. Like legitimately fucking abysmal, lazy, pathetic work.

All his "analysis" does is say that bad football teams are generally bad at football.

LevelNth

Banned
But everything about the "statistical analysis" is literally wrong. He assumes all losses are equal, assumes every team has the exact same schedule, assumes conditions for making the playoffs remain constant year in and year out.

All his "analysis" does is say that bad football teams are generally bad at football.
It also states that the more games you lose, the lower your chances at making the playoffs are. Which is important to know.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...y-for-nfl-could-come-to-a-vote-thursday-night

New drug policy for NFL could come to a vote Thursday night
September 11, 2014 3:56 pm ET

NFLPA union reps have been told to be on stand-by for a possible vote on a new drug policy, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

The NFL and players' union have made some breakthroughs on major issues, according to sources, including a standard for HGH testing and the league backing off the issue of immediate sanctions on players upon their arrest for DUI. Other wording and language remains to be sorted out, particularly as it relates to specific elements of third-party arbitration for cases that do not involve a failed test.

The source said that the issue of reinstatement for players with certain failed drug tests since the start of the league year (March 11) remains "on the table" -- that would not include Josh Gordon, who tested positive prior to the league year, though it is not out of the realm of possibility he gets grandfathered in as well. That remains to be seen.

If the NFLPA get comfortable enough with the language of these final issues to bring it to a vote, they could, and despite the fact that two teams are playing Thursday night. It is conceivable the union could hold a conference call briefing Ravens and Steelers reps on the topic and getting their votes, while holding a full briefing and conference call with the other 30 reps later Thursday, in which a full vote could take place.

La Canfora

Tamanon

Banned
Woo! The Jags game will be on local TV this weekend after all!

Hopefully we have at least 2 WRs who can take the field come game time.

LevelNth

Banned
Hasn't there already been numerous reports that no vote is happening tonight? Pretty convenient piece to tie into CBS's first Thursday Night game.

Anyone remember when only 80% of media was completely fluff and useless? Who knew we'd miss it so...

Bowser

Matthew Berry ‏@MatthewBerryTMR 10m
.@AdamSchefter on NFL Insiders just said if NFL-NFLPA agreement is approved, Josh Gordon would still be suspended for some games, maybe 6-10

lol poor Browns

dionysus

Yaldog
Is there any reason to start Richardson other than pigheadedness by the GM? Shouldn't the fans be more upset that they have an organization that will start a 3rd string quality RB just because they want to save face than that upset with Richardson.

Is there any reason to start Richardson other than pigheadedness by the GM? Shouldn't the fans be more upset that they have an organization that will start a 3rd string quality RB just because they want to save face than that upset with Richardson.
He just needs time to develop his vision cone.

eznark

Banned

He didn't even get 50% of the carries.

Lol, I wonder what Luck is thinking.

It's the right play. The Tackle and tight end done fudged their assignments. Guard doubles with center on Nose then scrapes to back side linebacker. Tackle is suppose to release to strong side line backer. TE takes DE, and Richardson reads TE's block. That said Richardson still makes the wrong decision.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/09/11/pff-pickem-week-2-3/

All 7 guys pick Detroit to beat Carolina this weekend, even with no running game and a UDFA starting at RT. I guess I'm not seeing it.

Considering how everyone but one on there picked the Bucs last week, a team that got flat-out dominated for 3.5 quarters, I can't put too much stock in it. The Lions are coming off a demolishing of the Giants and picking against the Panthers is in vogue at the moment.

It'll be a tough game. Captain Munnerlyn/Chris Gamble was no answer for Calvin Johnson three years ago and no one we can throw at him now will be an answer for him either. Thankfully we now have our own 6'5 beast to throw at.

Bowser

Considering how everyone but one on there picked the Bucs last week, a team that got flat-out dominated for 3.5 quarters, I can't put too much stock in it. The Lions are coming off a demolishing of the Giants and picking against the Panthers is in vogue at the moment.

It'll be a tough game. Captain Munnerlyn/Chris Gamble was no answer for Calvin Johnson three years ago and no one we can throw at him now will be an answer for him either. Thankfully we now have our own 6'5 beast to throw at.

Three years ago Calvin had 5 rec for 89 yards and 0 TDs. Obviously that's not shutting him down, but the DBs more than held their own against him, and that was with the 30th ranked defense that year. The front 7 back then was swiss cheese, with the immortal Kevin Smith carving us up for 16 car, 140 rush yards, 2 rush TDs and 4 rec, 61 receiving yards and 1 receiving TD.

I mean, do you dispute that? It's pretty obvious.

I choose to believe Cam was making a comparison in terms of brute strength, but as always, everything is a race issue these days.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/09/11/pff-pickem-week-2-3/

All 7 guys pick Detroit to beat Carolina this weekend, even with no running game and a UDFA starting at RT. I guess I'm not seeing it.

If it becomes a shootout sure, the Lions will win. But I don't see that happening. I expect a tough defensive game where Carolina out gains us on the ground, Cam busts out at least two major running plays, and we lose the possession time battle.

Our run game looked pretty suspect against the Giants.

I choose to believe Cam was making a comparison in terms of brute strength, but as always, everything is a race issue these days.

As the Ray Rice debacle has shown us, perception is what matters. As I said earlier, imagine if Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers called Suh a gorilla.

Crisco

Banned
Cam wasn't referring to a goddamn thing other than Ndamukong sounds sort of like "Donkey Kong" if you say it 5 times fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom