• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
When a new drug policy is approved as early as this afternoon, Josh Gordon's suspension expected to be reduced to 8 games, per source.

Brownies stay losin'

holy shit

IS5i4Wx.jpg

eznark

Banned
I don't believe any head coaches were coordinators in that era. Maybe Coryell?

I know you've watch NFL Films before. You think guys like Lombardi and Landry were doing chalkboard X's and O's just for the cameras?

The Packers had 4 total coaches in 1960.

bionic77

Is Tomlin actually a good coach does he just get that because he is loyal to vets and is a good speaker?
He is not a great situational coach and doesn't usually make great adjustments at halftime.

The question I have is whether he can actually coach up the talent. This is a year when we will find out. Before our defense was just getting old. You can't coach athleticism. Now we have young guys who are athletic but are making a ton of mistakes on defense (not unexpected). I just want to see improvements as the season goes along. If that happens I will give him a pass and it will give me hope going forward.

I don't think there's any coaching up that defensive line. It was already a liability, and we simply lost too much in the off season. And without a stout defensive line that can defend against the run and open lanes for blitzes, then Lebeau's defensive schemes will never work.
I saw some positives in the D-line. In short yardage they were actually holding their ground and not getting pushed around or blown off the line. But they are making a ton of mistakes and getting negative pressure on the quarterbacks in the first 2 games. I am dreading the day a coach with balls just exposes us like the Pats did last year and just has their qb stand back in the pocket all day waiting for his receivers to break open.

Lets see if they can improve that. Generally tough to "coach up" a pass rush, but that is why these fuckers are paid millions. Lets see if they can figure something out.

I hope nobody pushed you in a bathroom stall. You never know with those people.
He said he had a lot of fun so maybe that extended to something in the bathroom stall...

Lol I called my bank cause I though I got double charged for something. When that issue was resolved(the computer system went down around the time a hold cleared resulting in it appearing in holding and transaction) but I found out get points for using my checking card as a credit card which is the only way I use it. So I've been racking up points without knowing. Yes I'll take an extra $150 dollars since I'm building a pc right now.

bionic77

What do you all use your credit card points for?

We get cash back on our chase (which we never seem to redeem) and we get free nights at hotels at the hilton family of hotels (so awesome to get free hotel stays during vacation).

I used to use mine towards Amazon purchases, but then I realized that doesn't really make sense. Probably going to just use as statement credit or maybe a flight.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I know you've watch NFL Films before. You think guys like Lombardi and Landry were doing chalkboard X's and O's just for the cameras?

The Packers had 4 total coaches in 1960.

You can draw up plays without being the coordinator. Certainly all hc's have input. Was Lombardi the offensive or defensive coordinator? Did he draw anything up other than power toss sweep? Maybe back then, they did it all. I don't know, I wasn't alive. What I do know, is that now, many teams like to use their hc as their offensive coordinator, regardless of their motivational skills.

From what I've read and heard, Noll was less of an x and o guy and more of a details and technique guy.

We get cash back on our chase (which we never seem to redeem) and we get free nights at hotels at the hilton family of hotels (so awesome to get free hotel stays during vacation).
To pay off balance items. My Amex Anywhere card lets you pay off charges with points and you can accrue points really easy. I payed off the balance on an elliptical we purchased last month with the points in fact (about $300).

Bowser

Usually either statement credits or flights. For example I bought my PS4 from Frys.com and then used the points for a statement credit. Free PS4 yo!

Tamanon

Banned

Usually hotels. Easy way to justify a quick one or two day trip with a "free" hotel.

bionic77

Usually hotels. Easy way to justify a quick one or two day trip with a "free" hotel.
Its the best.

I enjoyed it more when flights were dirt cheap but it is still pretty awesome. We had a great time at National Harbor outside of DC a few weeks ago. For families this is a great place to visit btw.

eznark

Banned
You can draw up plays without being the coordinator. Certainly all hc's have input. Was Lombardi the offensive or defensive coordinator? Did he draw anything up other than power toss sweep? Maybe back then, they did it all. I don't know, I wasn't alive. What I do know, is that now, many teams like to use their hc as their offensive coordinator, regardless of their motivational skills.

From what I've read and heard, Noll was less of an x and o guy and more of a details and technique guy.

Quarterbacks called most of the plays back then. There were no coordinators because there were barely any coaches.

Even today the most important coordinator works happens during the week in prep and game planning, particularly on defense.

eznark

Banned
Terry Bradshaw was the best offensive coordinator of all time! Thanks, ez, for clearing that up.

He was so much more than that. He threw all of those interceptions to get his amazing defense on the field as fast as possible.

Greatest Football Mind of the generation.

Honestly though I don't think quarterbacks who played at that time get anywhere near the credit they deserve for the overall success of their teams and the evolution of the game.

I believe with my bank it can be used for Money, flights and something else I can't remember

bionic77

He would make a lot more money overseas as a star soccer player than a star wide receiver.

With hotter bitches, more advertising money and less injuries and better quality of life when he retires.

Now no American has ever become a star soccer star and the fact that this guy is trying in high school is not a good sign (most stars are pros by age 13 which is why a lot of then are dumber than Gata). But if he were to be the first it would be very profitable for him.

Dragon

Banned
As a USMNT fan and association football supporter I'd love to see more of this. But I think it will be a one-off. Even with the uber-competitiveness and possibility of lifetime injury/mental illness, I can't see a mass migration for our top level athletes from football to soccer. Too much money to be made.

It's already happened with baseball -> football. There are less and less black players in baseball and baseball as a whole is a way better quality of life than football. You get guaranteed contracts and you aren't necessarily dying when you're 55.

It's already happened with baseball -> football. There are less and less black players in baseball and baseball as a whole is a way better quality of life than football. You get guaranteed contracts and you aren't necessarily dying when you're 55.

That's if you make the majors quickly enough though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom