• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized this... Since the game got under 90% on GameRankings.com (currently at 74.29%), Bungie will not be getting their Quality Bonus of $2.5 million from Activision (Section 10.3).

http://documents.latimes.com/bungie-activision-contract/

That's a bit of a bummer for them I'm sure (assuming that contract is still in place).

I just saw this post in the review thread, really sucks for the people at Bungie. I am surprised any devs would still be willing to tie their bonuses to metacritic scores.

LevelNth

Banned
Niners will gladly take Hardy. We're the innocent until proven guilty team. We respect the ideals and tenets that the great land of Amurica was built upon.

Fox318

NFL should suspend players (with pay) that arrested or facing charges in any violent crime/DUI/intent to deal crime until the legal process is played out. No matter how long it takes.

Players get their pay and the league keeps its image and passes the problems to the court system.

Fox318

Goodell pls, suspend him. I want to win on Sunday.

jlPhwPr.jpg

For Bob Kraft I will cover up anything. For anyone else no.

Bowser

Holy crap really? I'm assuming he never served jail time, what happened?

This was explained a while back. The way the NC legal system works is most cases are bench trials first where there is no jury, only a judge who rules on the case (this is a cost/resource saving measure by the state). He was found guilty of misdemeanor charges by the judge. He appealed and will now have a jury trial. For all intents and purposes, in the NC legal system, the judge's "verdict" is thrown out and Hardy reverts to innocent until proven guilty (by a jury of his peers).

LevelNth

Banned
This was explained a while back. The way the NC legal system works is most cases are bench trials first where there is no jury, only a judge who rules on the case (this is a cost/resource saving measure by the state). He was found guilty of misdemeanor charges by the judge. He appealed and will now have a jury trial. For all intents and purposes, in the NC legal system, the judge's "verdict" is thrown out and Hardy reverts to innocent until proven guilty (by a jury of his peers).
Hmmmm, that all sounds like innocent to me.

Send the jet Harbs.

zychi

Banned
So I'm doing Madden offline connected franchise, with the latest update. Brady got hurt, Pats traded for Mallet a week after they traded him lol

Bowser

From a local paper:

Q. Wasn't Hardy found guilty?

A. Yes, a Mecklenburg County district judge found him guilty in July of assaulting and threatening to kill Nicole Holder, who told authorities Hardy was upset over her brief relationship with rapper Nelly after she and Hardy broke up.

Under North Carolina law, defendants convicted of a misdemeanor by a judge can appeal for a jury trial. It's referred to as a trial de novo, which is Latin for "anew."

In such cases, the appeals court holds a trial as if no prior trial was held.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...e-does-carolina-panthers-de.html#.VBNHM3JdXTp

eznark

Banned
Harbs also never said anything about Bengals players.

The Bengals, at the nadir of their "we employ all scumbags" actually found him reprehensible enough to cut him.

Jimbo Hardon and all his "we'd never employ a woman beater" theatrics...no problem with the thug.

I don't see any way the Chiefs can keep it within 3 TDs, unless somehow an atomic bomb goes off midgame, destroying 2 of the 3 teams I hate the most.

Tom Penny

It's much easier to direct one's anger at a corporation than to actually try to affect real change.

A Redsox broadcasters son was a meat head roid rager with a track record of countless violent offenses and the court system did nothing until it resulted in him murdering his girlfriend.

Bowser

Along with Adrian Clayborn being placed on IR, Bucs $44m DE Michael Johnson is out as well. So the Bucs won't have either of their starting ends.

They're only playing the Rams though so...they should be ok.

Crisco

Banned
NFL has suspended players that weren't guilty of anything before.

Look at big Ben

The thing with Ben is there were never any charges filed, no legal process to preempt. Hardy and his lawyers have been pretty goddamn adamant from day one he did nothing wrong. So if the Panthers or the NFL suspend him, and he is eventually cleared of all charges by a jury, then it's lawsuit city. He could claim tens of millions in damages considering this is a contract year for him.

Fox318

The thing with Ben is there were never any charges filed, no legal process to preempt. Hardy and his lawyers have been pretty goddamn adamant from day one he did nothing wrong. So if the Panthers or the NFL suspend him, and he is eventually cleared of all charges by a jury, then it's lawsuit city. He could claim tens of millions in damages considering this is a contract year for him.

Then give him a paid suspension until the charges are cleared.

He gets a paid vacation until his affairs are in order.

A paid suspension just hurts the team.

When this all started, before even the bench trial, the general consensus among fans and people who follow the team was that guilty or not, Hardy was finished in Carolina. Richardson doesn't have the patience for this kind of thing, especially when Cam and Keek have big contracts coming up.

Fox318

A paid suspension just hurts the team.

When this all started, before even the bench trial, the general consensus among fans and people who follow the team was that guilty or not, Hardy was finished in Carolina. Richardson doesn't have the patience for this kind of thing, especially when Cam and Keek have big contracts coming up.

So what.

Next man up. These players are pros and most people would face the same issues with their employment.

cdyhybrid

Rooting for the Niners is rooting for domestic violence.

Instead, support a good, wholesome team led by a model citizen.

A model citizen like Russell Wilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom