• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Just got the AD news alert on my phone. He was one of my favorites.

This sport, I just can't. It's one thing after another.

I forgot, can't blame Ben for anything. Wasn't his fault he was inaccurate. Wasn't his fault he badly missed a Wide open Justin Brown who walks in for a touchdown otherwise. Wasn't his fault he was 10 yards off the closest receiver all night.

Whole team, shy of maybe Le'Veon Bell was shit. Steelers defense was awful in the first half, Offense was awful in the second. Only thing is I expected the defense to be bad.

Ravens dinked their way to a blowout.
I thought Wheaton had a good game. Dude is definitely a bright spot so far.

Ben was off, no doubt, but the defense was horrid. No forced turnovers in the first two games and gave up 50 points in the last 6 quarters.

What the hell is going on with the nfl this week? All sorts of stuff coming out of the woodwork. I doubt this is the end of it.

I'm still waiting on Harvey (TMZ boss) to drop one more bomb.

They already got Donald Sterling officially kicked out of the NBA and Ray Rice unofficially kicked out of the NFL so far this year. What's next?

Not to go all conspiracy theory here, but it's a little hard to believe that the timing on this indictment is coincidental to the Rice story.

In particular due to its relative mildness. Disciplining an 11 year old? What, did he literally whip him with the thing?

eznark

Banned
Not to go all conspiracy theory here, but it's a little hard to believe that the timing on this indictment is coincidental to the Rice story.

In particular due to its relative mildness. Disciplining an 11 year old? What, did he literally whip him with the thing?

Pretty sure you can't hit your kid with weapons.

cajunator

Banned
Id say that only 9 games is a pretty big improvement over a whole season. It means he will be on the field sometime in the regular season.

jakncoke

Banned

Ben was off, no doubt, but the defense was horrid. No forced turnovers in the first two games and gave up 50 points in the last 6 quarters.

Considering how poor his preseason was, ye he def been decent as well

You might be surprised with this but regardless: it's 2014. It's no longer okay to do a lot of things people did in the 1910s, such as hitting kids with weapons even if they act horribly and you think they deserve it. If they have visible injuries and anybody reports it, you will go to jail.

cajunator

Banned
You might be surprised with this but regardless: it's 2014. It's no longer okay to do a lot of things people did in the 1910s, such as hitting kids with weapons even if they act horribly and you think they deserve it. If they have visible injuries and anybody reports it, you will go to jail.

a switch is a weapon? Its basically a thin stick. In Japan they cane people.

I think Ben was rocked from that early shot....the shot that got one of the worst personal foul flags in the history of the game. This version of football is really tough to watch at times, really tough. I'm going to give the Steeler offense a little bit of leeway being it was a short week and then AB went out for while. Because while Wheaton is promising and Bell is improving, that offense is pretty much all AB and without him, they get all out of sorts. But it was sad that they took no shots down field at all.

zychi

Banned
I don't think the NFL can do anything to AP without finding out why he injured the child first.

Goodell should give him 2 games, then change his mind when a video leaks to 6, then change his mind when the rest of the video leaks to indefinitely.

Fantomex

Alls I know is people get banned in the Spanking threads on OT. I ain't going in. Staying here in the fort. The crazy thing is in America, we will be judge and jury with most of our celebrities. Right now people will hate him, but then if they hear that the kid was selling drugs and hiring prostitutes everyone will do a 180 and say he has a right to beat that kid with a stick. It's a crazy world I'm telling ya.

eznark

Banned
Alls I know is people get banned in the Spanking threads on OT. I ain't going in. Staying here in the fort. The crazy thing is in America, we will be judge and jury with most of our celebrities. Right now people will hate him, but then if they hear that the kid was selling drugs and hiring prostitutes everyone will do a 180 and say he has a right to beat that kid with a stick. It's a crazy world I'm telling ya.

No

You said 2 of 3 teams you hate? You hate the Chiefs? You have a Chiefs avatar?

I'm so confused.

I thought I've been a Chiefs fan since the early 90s, but I'm realizing it's Stockholm syndrome.

Having all of the negotiation leverage, yet still caving and giving Alex Smith a contract lets me know that the Chiefs are once again committed to going 8-8 in perpetuity, as long as their dumb fanbase can drink themselves into a stupor and stumble into the stadium, filling it to 90% capacity.

jakncoke

Banned

If a kid is selling drugs at 11 or whatever he/she is, fucking right he should be spanked to hell and back.

JABEE

No one should hit their kids. Not only are you hitting someone weaker than you are, but you are hitting someone with complete dependence on you. People treat children like they are cattle unworthy of being treated with respect. I can't believe there are still people who do this without feeling like a shitbag.

Nakazato

Can AP get a lifetime ban

Edit: he beat his kid with a switch... I was beat with a switch and I turned out fine

This is just old school getting you ass whooped.I see no problem. I need to see pics and or the get all the case info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom