• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Rusty Hardin is one of the people you would hire in this part of the world if you had huge $ and can't afford to lose. Certified badass.--Steph Stradley Texans blogger and attorney Twitter.

Hardin is APs lawyer

JABEE

And people then wonder why so many of these kids who are abused grow up to abuse their spouses and children.

Look at how children have been treated by adults before this relatively recent reverent period in history.

Glad you have such a great argument to support that claim. Fuck off.

Nah, it's not just him. You and Tom Penny have been really noticeably awful throughout this whole saga.

No one should hit their kids. Not only are you hitting someone weaker than you are, but you are hitting someone with complete dependence on you. People treat children like they are cattle unworthy of being treated with respect. I can't believe there are still people who do this without feeling like a shitbag.

Also, gonna agree with all of this

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm very much pro spanking but like most people I have a different view of how much is acceptable, etc.

I pretty much wasn't spanked past the age of 7 and was only spanked once between 5 and 7. Sticks, wooden spoons, etc weren't necessary.

After a certain point, getting the Nintendo or something taken away was far far worse.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I was spanked and paddled as a kid. By my parents and even my elementary school principal. lol (Texas)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I dont know where the 11 year old thing came from, but the TMZ updated report says 4 years old.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't know how it works for white people, but for minorities spanking do work.

Guzuen0l.jpg

MechDX

More from Steph:

Quote from my Tx Crim Law Bd Certified Husband: "Man, that's super weird" MT @goldkrush KPRC says grand jury no-billed 1st attempt to indict

DA tried to indict once but grand jury refused to. New DA brought charges.

Interesting

cajunator

Banned
I was spanked and paddled as a kid. By my parents and even my elementary school principal. lol (Texas)

same. I was spanked in elementary school. Late 80's. Even my teacher had a paddle wrapped with electrical tape she spanked kids with. I would get bad conduct grades because I talked a lot in class and I didnt like to take those stupid kindergarten naps.

cajunator

Banned
Why are we conflating hitting a kid with a stick with a spanking?

A switch can either be used for beating a person or spanking. It dpeends how AD used the switch on the kid. If he whacked his ass with it its just spanking. If he beat the kid thats abuse.

xnipx

Nah, it's not just him. You and Tom Penny have been really noticeably awful throughout this whole saga.

Also, gonna agree with all of this

So tell me what I said that was inaccurate? You don't have to be a ray rice domestic violence sympathizer to see that the whole way this situation was handled is fucked up and shouldn't have ended his career. Sorry if it bothers you when I point it out. And I will continue doing so.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I wish more parents would beat their children with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire. Maybe even light it on fire. Toughen those kids up, Sabu style!

jbug617

Banned
Info is getting out there about what happened.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/
Sports Radio 610 in Houston obtained a draft of the police report which says Peterson admitted that he did, in his words, “whoop” one of his children last May while the boy was visiting him in Houston.

When the 4-year-old boy returned to Minnesota, his mother took him to a doctor. The police report said the boy told the doctor Peterson had hit him with a branch from a tree.still

The doctor told investigators that the boy had a number of lacerations on his thighs, along with bruise-like marks on his lower back and buttocks and cuts on his hand.

The police report says the doctor described some of the marks as open wounds and termed it “child abuse.” Another examiner agreed, calling the cuts “extensive.”

Photographs obtained from the Houston police report showed pictures of the injuries.

Pics are in the link

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Regardless on where you fall on the whole depbate, those marks are way too much for a 4 year old boy. Throw the dude in jail

JABEE

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

Fuck Adrian Peterson

When the 4-year-old boy returned to Minnesota, his mother took him to a doctor. The police report said the boy told the doctor Peterson had hit him with a branch from a tree.still

The doctor told investigators that the boy had a number of lacerations on his thighs, along with bruise-like marks on his lower back and buttocks and cuts on his hand.

The police report says the doctor described some of the marks as open wounds and termed it “child abuse.” Another examiner agreed, calling the cuts “extensive.”

So tell me what I said that was inaccurate? You don't have to be a ray rice domestic violence sympathizer to see that the whole way this situation was handled is fucked up and shouldn't have ended his career. Sorry if it bothers you when I point it out. And I will continue doing so.

All I have to ask is: what do you think of Chad Johnson, aka Ochocinco? Does it bother you half as much that he's out of the league for domestic violence too?

jakncoke

Banned
In their quest to keep the Browns down they should have watched their own shop as it fell apart

breh, Browns dont need any help. They do well themselves at staying down, hence why they have 1 playoff since the return return nearly 100 more losses than wins and have tried 20 something qbs and like 7 head coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom