• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
‏@richeisen
I yearn for the days when I thought my job was topsy-turvy nuts because TO was doing sit-ups on his lawn and Favre kept unretiring.

Well yea still hurt like hell lmao. 4 is too young to get an ass whooping though.

My parent always told me. If they told me not to do something and I still did it then it was my fault and I deserve to be punished. If they never told me something was wrong and I did it then it's their fault as parents for not teaching me. One time I punch a kid, but they never told me punching people was wrong so they let me off the hook LOL.

I always thought that was fair growing up.

When I play Fifa I select either Urugay or Napoli. But it seems everyone selects Barcelona, Madrid or Bayern. Sucks sometimes to be so outmatched, but Napoli has thankfully gotten better in ratings.

You're supposed to be matched against simular rated teams. But maybe there aren't a lot of people online in the US that you're forced to play the top teams. When I played online with the Dutch squad I mostly played United, Liverpool, Dortmund, PSG and Napoli. Should be the same for you.

Sidenote: Bayern is gonna be OP as fuck next year.

I might put my Arsenal fandom on hold and go this year being a free agent in the EPL.

This is a good decision. Get a feel for it all first before settling.

When I play Fifa I select either Urugay or Napoli. But it seems everyone selects Barcelona, Madrid or Bayern. Sucks sometimes to be so outmatched, but Napoli has thankfully gotten better in ratings.

I never play with Madrid or Barca.

My go-to teams are Borussia Dortmund, Juve, and Malaga. Recently I've picked up Portland Timbers because fuck it why not

Fox318

Remember when Michael Sam was a distraction?

Look at this monster.

tupaG7Y.jpg

HE WAS DRINKING MIMOSA INSTEAD OF BEER.

The NFL can't have that.

jakncoke

Banned
Talking about soccer is about 186% better than talking about "What Bullshit is Going On In the NFL Today?" like we have the past week.

I'm getting tired of

Runningbacks that beat their wife's ass
Runningbacks that beat their kid's ass
Crooked ass commissioners
Druggie owners
Rapist owners

Grover you are wrong. Soccer should be treated like the death penalty

Fantomex

You're supposed to be matched against simular rated teams. But maybe there aren't a lot of people online in the US that you're forced to play the top teams. When I played online with the Dutch squad I mostly played United, Liverpool, Dortmund, PSG and Napoli. Should be the same for you.

Sidenote: Bayern is gonna be OP as fuck next year.

This is a good decision. Get a feel for it all first before settling.

I never play with Madrid or Barca.

My go-to teams are Borussia Dortmund, Juve, and Malaga. Recently I've picked up Portland Timbers because fuck it why not

You guys play it on the Xbone? I really really really DON'T Want an Xbone.

I did most of my damage online with the US national team. Had to go Real Madrid for the last couple of divisions though. In D1 I had 4 or 5 straight Real Madrid vs. Real Madrid matches, haha.

Talking about soccer is about 186% better than talking about "What Bullshit is Going On In the NFL Today?" like we have the past week.

I'm getting tired of

Runningbacks that beat their wife's ass
Runningbacks that beat their kid's ass
Crooked ass commissioners
Druggie owners
Rapist owners

Good thing we're leaving the hooligans out of this.

I did most of my damage online with the US national team. Had to go Real Madrid for the last couple of divisions though. In D1 I had 4 or 5 straight Real Madrid vs. Real Madrid matches, haha.

Bayern is gonna be an absolute wrecking crew next season.

Ribbery-Lewandoswki-Robben the GOAT is stupid good.

Midfield with Gotze, Schwein and Muller.

Alaba-Benatia-Boateng-Lahm at the back

And easily the best goalkeeper in the game, Neuer, on goal.

Stupid good.

cashman

Banned
You Euro-bros cannot seriously tell me it's a good idea to become a fan of any EPL team not on that list. I mean, come on.

This isn't like the NFL where one day 40 years from now the Browns could win a SB. Swansea City is winning nothing ever.

I was originally a fan of Wolverhampton. The battle to avoid relegation is just as fun as the battle to win the league sometimes.

xnipx

All I have to ask is: what do you think of Chad Johnson, aka Ochocinco? Does it bother you half as much that he's out of the league for domestic violence too?

Yes it does. Like I said. The league only cares about it when tmz is involved. If it wasn't a Hollywood housewife and just his hs sweetheart it would have been business as usual.

There have been numerous examples over the last few pages of players active in the league who were convicted or accused of DV and there weren't any mass jersey recalls or indefinite suspensions.

If the nfl wants to deal with it then they should come up with a way to handle it that doesn't involve suspending players indefinitely for a first offense. Maybe investigate all the drugs these players are putting in their bodies to see if it has an affect on temperament. Institute mandatory anger management for married couples. Have mandatory sensitivity training. Idk all the answers and I don't claim to. But the way this situation unfolded this week is horse shit and I don't care what you think about ray rice as a person he deserves a chance to redeem himself.

Radio I Vegas is saying AP will get a 6 game suspension. I really hope it is longer. Calling it a first offense is silly because the act is so heinous.

‏@richeisen
I yearn for the days when I thought my job was topsy-turvy nuts because TO was doing sit-ups on his lawn and Favre kept unretiring.
Crazy, isn't it? TO got such a raw deal. He never got in any trouble with the law yet was completely villified by national and local media... a "locker room cancer!". TO got black-balled from the league, basically. He can still play now, even at his age. Remember last year he ran a 4.3 40 for the Seahawks during the pre-season? He's still better than 75% of the WRs in this league.

Bayern is gonna be an absolute wrecking crew next season.

Ribbery-Lewandoswki-Robben the GOAT is stupid good.

Midfield with Gotze, Schwein and Muller.

Alaba-Benatia-Boateng-Lahm at the back

And easily the best goalkeeper in the game, Neuer, on goal.

Stupid good.
I love Muller in FIFA. Played a lot of matches with the German NT for fun, that dude destroys.

That team is stacked but I still feel like the best FIFA teams are the teams with the single best player. It's just so hard to stop Ronaldo.

I haven't played the 15 demo but it looks like defense will be harder. Seems easier to make lots of quick cuts in possession now.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Unfortunately, you have to evaluate whether or not that child's life would be better with AP continuing to make gobs of money. Now that this will probably lead to the end of his career (and hopefully worse), there won't be as much money to go around.

I'm not saying that AP shouldn't be kicked out of the NFL or not prosecuted for child abuse, just stating that it's an unfortunate side effect as far as the child is concerned.

Look at this monster.

tupaG7Y.jpg

HE WAS DRINKING MIMOSA INSTEAD OF BEER.

The NFL can't have that.

This looks like something Buckethead would drink.

Catching up on Jay Feely on First Take this morning (right where he belongs alongside fellow idiots SAS and Skip) and he had the nerve to say that he is opposed to the NFL allowing marijuana use because of the message it sends to the youth...conveniently ignoring the fact that when someone (including a young person) watches an NFL game every other commercial and sponsor is for beer.

I love Muller in FIFA. Played a lot of matches with the German NT for fun, that dude destroys.

That team is stacked but I still feel like the best FIFA teams are the teams with the single best player. It's just so hard to stop Ronaldo.

I haven't played the 15 demo but it looks like defense will be harder. Seems easier to make lots of quick cuts in possession now.

I always feel like the balance in the demos are always off. The game needs some fine tuning. I remember with Fifa 14 where they released a patch like a month in that changed the entire game. They need to balance certain things every time.

I also think that Robben will be really difficult to stop. 90 overall now, plus Lewandoswki is stupid good as well. So much strength and speed.

Why would watching CPU-only FIFA games help? ;)

Gheghe

Fox318

Catching up on Jay Feely on First Take this morning (right where he belongs alongside fellow idiots SAS and Skip) and he had the nerve to say that he is opposed to the NFL allowing marijuana use because of the message it sends to the youth...conveniently ignoring the fact that when someone (including a young person) watches an NFL game every other commercial and sponsor is for beer.

Lets be fair!!! I've never heard of any violence or crimes committed under the influence of beer.

jakncoke

Banned
Unfortunately, you have to evaluate whether or not that child's life would be better with AP continuing to make gobs of money. Now that this will probably lead to the end of his career (and hopefully worse), there won't be as much money to go around.

I'm not saying that AP shouldn't be kicked out of the NFL or not prosecuted for child abuse, just stating that it's an unfortunate side effect as far as the child is concerned.

This looks like something Buckethead would drink.

I would hope he still has gobs of money left considering how much he has made in his career so far.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 33s
Sources: The @NFL’s proposed new drug policy that includes HGH testing has passed in a vote of @NFLPA player reps.

I predict this affects nothing when it comes to on-field performance.

NFL-GAF are cool people.

A family member tried to get me to follow Tottenham but thanks to NFL-GAF I learned to not accept another team into the infinite shame circle.

Thanks NFL-GAF.

Man City is on the raise in international popularity join in now before everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

RBH

For everyone who's tired of the shit piling up around the NFL this week, yall should watch some good wholesome Barclay's Premier League action with me tomorrow.

Arsenal vs Manchester City
NBC Sports Network
7:45 AM EST sharp

I know squicken will be watching.

I know godslay will be watching.

I know alligatorjandro will be watching.

If this is too early for some of you, there's another option as well tomorrow:

Liverpool vs. Aston Villa
NBC
12:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom