• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP not even trying to deny it. Statements from his lawyer:

"Adrian is a loving father who used his judgment as a parent to discipline his son. Adrian never intended to harm his son and deeply regrets the unintentional injury."

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

How could he deny it? "Yes those are clearly deeply embedded switch marks on my son in those pictures you've all seen by now, but I didn't hit him with a switch!"

Naw, Rusty's playing the old "He's just disciplining his kid like he was disciplined by his parents" card. Remember this trial will take place in Texas. He only needs one hard-ass "back in my day" old timer on the jury to see his point of view and he walks. Just dealing with the court of law.

In the court of public opinion, he's already lost.

jakncoke

Banned
hGH testing will start during the 2014 NFL season. Blood specimens can't be collected on game days.--Twitter.

This could be an interesting season.

And thanks Grover or whoever it was who said Watt had to be on something after his game Sunday. If he gets popped for HGH I would just walk away from the NFL for good.

With players being stupid, and hgh testing. Gaf could have a few people in the league this year.

Fox are you trying to have the worst opinions ever? or does it come naturally?

eznark

Banned
How could he deny it? "Yes those are clearly deeply embedded switch marks on my son in those pictures you've all seen by now, but I didn't hit him with a switch!"

Naw, Rusty's playing the old "He's just disciplining his kid like he was disciplined by his parents" card. Remember this trial will take place in Texas. He only needs one hard-ass "back in my day" old timer on the jury to see his point of view and he walks. Just dealing with the court of law.

In the court of public opinion, he's already lost.

Either way I'd say it falls squarely into the new domestic violence policy.

@ESPNNFL
JUST IN: Wes Welker and Orlando Scandrick will be reinstated and eligible to play Sunday under the new NFL drug policy (via @AdamSchefter)

Wes

venison crêpe
So under new rules a 4th violation is 10 games, but under new rules his last violation shouldn't count because it was less than the new limit?

I'm so confused.

LevelNth

Banned
Either way I'd say it falls squarely into the new domestic violence policy.
I would agree with this. I still think this is a purposely timed release to coincide with the Rice controversy especially amidst the completely unsurprising media disregard of an initial grand jury dismissing the case earlier this year. But I can also see the league playing it safe and just slapping him with 6.

Godslay

Banned
@ESPNNFL
JUST IN: Wes Welker and Orlando Scandrick will be reinstated and eligible to play Sunday under the new NFL drug policy (via @AdamSchefter)

I'm going to eat my crow on this. Thought it wouldn't happen, and stated my opinion as such. I guess being wrong isn't always a bad thing.

BigAT

So under new rules a 4th violation is 10 games, but under new rules his last violation shouldn't count because it was less than the new limit?

I'm so confused.

It was less than the new limit set for NFL players.
Cleveland Browns don't apply.

At least I don't have to hear about Donkey Kong Suh anymore.

Let's get some NFL positivity out there.

Scott Carasik ‏@ScottCarasik 10m
Per his agent, Tim Shaw (fmr Titan diagnosed w/ ALS) left for Brazil this week with his dad to help dig wells for people needing clean water

jakncoke

Banned

Per his agent, Tim Shaw (fmr Titan diagnosed w/ ALS) left for Brazil this week with his dad to help dig wells for people needing clean water

Damn didnt know Tim Shaw was diagnosed with ALS

cajunator

Banned

I posted yesterday about Sean Payton buying 100 jerseys for that PS Bengals player to support his daughter with cancer but it got lost in the shuffle

eznark said:
Either way, I'd say it falls under the new domestic violence policy.

Oh definitely.

And Goodell's going to try and save his own hide by bringing the boom down on him.

We may not see AP on a football field for a while.

JABEE

Lane Johnson's suspension is upheld. Dammit.

How does the Aldon Smith suspension get lifted when it was a part personal conduct suspension?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I'm so confused.

His last violation was last year, so they're applying the old standard, but the new punishment...

Bowser

aldon smiths suspension removed, he will play sunday

What?

One player who will not see his punishment change is San Francisco 49ers outside linebacker Aldon Smith. He was suspended for nine games, with four of his games coming due to a substance abuse policy violation. The new policy reflects a 2-game suspension for a first time DUI offense, but I believe Aldon got four games because it was his second DUI. He was arrested in Florida for suspicion of DUI in 2012, but it was reduced to reckless driving under a first-time offender program.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/9/...policy-will-not-impact-aldon-smith-suspension

@roddywhiteTV
I'm probably going to lose my fantasy football matchup this week cause all day can't play Sunday for disciplining his child Jesus help us

uh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom