• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roddy done fucked up now.

In general, invoking fantasy football as a reason to whine about something is never a good thing. No one wants to hear you whining about fantasy.

But this comes across as callous, insensitive, and completely tone-deaf of the general mood of the sporting public.

Someone ought to really keep these fools off social media.

jakncoke

Banned
You know its sad that Roddy definitely isnt alone in that opinion. I bet a lot of people put priority on FF over a kids safety and well being and what happened during this incident and even others.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I love that twitter makes the idiots so much easier to point out. Literally written proof.

The more details that come out with the Adrian Peterson thing, the worse it gets.

Fox318

How long until Robots take over for players?

You know its sad that Roddy definitely isnt alone in that opinion. I bet a lot of people put priority on FF over a kids safety and well being and what happened during this incident and even others.
'Its all about money.

Bowser

I'm pretty sure it's saracasm. People all over twitter bitching about their FF team after the announcement

Same reason I feel FF is fucked up

I don't think it's a joke. I think he genuinely thinks that all AP was doing was "disciplining his child"

Even if it is a joke, it's not something you joke about, period.

Fox318

YJ508pK.jpg

JABEE

I never realized so many people support beating children with sticks and belts. I thought we moved past things like this when child labor laws were instituted.

MechDX

I don't think it's a joke. I think he genuinely thinks that all AP was doing was "disciplining his child"

Even if it is a joke, it's not something you joke about, period.

I agree but listen to aFF zealots on twitter. Hit a players twitter page when they get injured. I read Arian Foaters page when he got injured a couple years ago and the general public are insensitive asswipes because their FF teams.

Patriots7

I don't condone spanking, nor do I condone AP's action (way too excessive), but I can't feign moral outrage over the act of disciplining your child.

JABEE

I don't condone spanking, nor do I condone AP's action (way too excessive), but I can't feign moral outrage over the act of disciplining your child.
Beating your 4 year old child with a stuck isn't discipline. It's fucking abusive. You wouldn't dare hit a kid with a stick if they weren't weaker and entirely dependent on you. It's fucked up.

At least I don't have to hear about Donkey Kong Suh anymore.

Let's get some NFL positivity out there.

Scott Carasik ‏@ScottCarasik 10m
Per his agent, Tim Shaw (fmr Titan diagnosed w/ ALS) left for Brazil this week with his dad to help dig wells for people needing clean water

That sucks my step father was diagnosed with ALS and died a heart attack, I can say this he was suffering for 2 months before a doctor finally diagnosed the problem, I saw a strong man fall apart in front of me, him dying of a heart attack was a way of putting him out of his misery..

It's gonna be rough, wish him the best, some people have ALS for decades with no symptoms..

There's so much contradiction in this statement I don't even know where to begin.

"Spanking is wrong and AP is wrong for drawing blood from a four year old with a tree branch but good on him for getting his brat in order!"

Tamanon

Banned
Plus, if it's because the 4 year old pushed another kid, how is beating him going to teach him that violence isn't an answer?

What ever happened to actual discipline instead of his nonsense?

Roddy White ‏@roddywhiteTV 5m
I should not have made light of a very serious situation. I understand the strong feelings about this issue and i shouldn't have said that

Somebody from the team must have gotten right on that. lol.

BigAT

Somebody from the team must have gotten right on that. lol.

I like when they don't even try to hide they're just copy/pasting what the PR department sent them. As though the same person wrote:

"I'm probably going to lose my fantasy football matchup this week cause all day can't play Sunday for disciplining his child Jesus help us"

and

"I should not have made light of a very serious situation. I understand the strong feelings about this issue and i shouldn't have said that"

I like when they don't even try to hide they're just copy/pasting what the PR department sent them. As though the same person wrote:

"I'm probably going to lose my fantasy football matchup this week cause all day can't play Sunday for disciplining his child Jesus help us"

and

"I should not have made light of a very serious situation. I understand the strong feelings about this issue and i shouldn't have said that"

This happened with that Paul George tweet and it made me laugh so hard.

Went from "If she ain't trippin then i ain't trippin" to "Let me apologize to the women and to the VICTIMS of domestic violence people my intent was not to downplay the situation.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom