• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellow Dawgs, any interest in this?

5wa8iKz.jpg

Seanspeed

Banned
Ok now I'm refinding that anger lol. Belichick has pissed me off with this team and the way he's handled it for the last few years. On one hand they've had so much success, but on the other they've been lucky to have Tom play as well as he did, and help cover up those record breaking defenses (the bad kind if you didn't catch that). The weird thing is I genuinely believe he could fix or at least aknowledge a lot of these issues, however he has this childish, obsessive need to defy naysayers and do it his way and nobody elses. How does Matt Patricia still have a job? How does Josh Boyer still have a job?

His desire to pick at least one "surprise" pick a year is perfect proof that this guy loves to go against the grain, in an attempt to stroke his ego. It's really a win win, because when a MASSIVE draft mistake like Tavon Wilson gets picked, leaving fans and every expert in the world scratching their head, and going ..... uhhhh who? The pundits all cry "in bill we trust", but if by some miracle, that crappy player not cut out for the nfl, proves everyone wrong like Brady did, then he can say "hey I found that guy and I picked him before everyone else". What really pisses me off about it, is if he KNOWS this guy isn't going to be taken, then why the hell waste a valuable pick on him? It's simply to stroke that ego and let people know he doesn't give a shit, he's going to do what he wants. I'm VERY interested to see how he does in the post-brady era, because I'm becoming more and more convinced it's been all on Tom. I know he wasn't there in 08, but that division was a joke, you had the 1-15 dolphins go 11-5 and make the playoffs. The schedule was an absolute cake walk, they had 1 of the best receivers of all time, and another hall of famer in his prime in Welker, and the defense was the best the pats had in years. We'll see how it plays out going forward, but I think Bill would've gotten some serious flak and things could've escalated quickly if they didn't luck into that disaster of a performance. And again we pull the raiders next.
I actually think we'd be better off with many of the other QB's in the league than Brady, and not necessarily just the top ones. He's really forcing throws and his accuracy is suffering badly for it. He's always aiming for these nearly impossible windows and while he used to be able to hit those quite a bit, he's missing more often than not nowadays. And when half the Pats offense is predicated on the short passing game, you need a QB who can hit these throws. His one redeeming feature is that he doesn't turn the ball over much. He at least has the good grace to throw balls that not only the receiver cant catch, but neither can the DB. Doesn't do us a whole lot of good, but at least he's not a walking disaster.

Fellow Dawgs, any interest in this?

5wa8iKz.jpg
Really completes the 'literally looks like shit' color scheme of the Browns.

I saw this yesterday , yeah we'd get the shit jokes. But I actually like this design concept

Oh Ive heard "if its brown flush it down" for a decade now. I dont care, I can make 12 year old poopoo peepee jokes about any team if I try hard enough. I like the helmet too, although I'd wanna see it with the rest of the new uniform first.

This is just some twitter pic anyway, could be bullshit.

Oh Ive heard "if its brown flush it down" for a decade now. I dont care, I can make 12 year old poopoo peepee jokes about any team if I try hard enough. I like the helmet too, although I'd wanna see it with the rest of the new uniform first.

Yeah, most of these are all bullshit. Wish I was part of the focus groups that gets to see them

Edit: random side note, believe we've pretty much only wore all white this year so far. Can't remember if we wore brown in any of the preseason games

bionic77

All of the assumptions.

Vikings get zero fucking credit for this. They caved to cash.
I am disappointed in Minny.

I was hoping they would have more respect for the legal process. We don't have all the facts or something.

Oh well it's just my fantasy team. I guess that's not worth the life of some kid AP had (sounds like he has a lot).

jakncoke

Banned

Ok , lets see it

HylianTom

Banned
I am disappointed in Minny.

I was hoping they would have more respect for the legal process. We don't have all the facts or something.

Oh well it's just my fantasy team. I guess that's not worth the life of some kid AP had (sounds like he has a lot).

He's like the damn Deku Tree, scattering his seed all over the place.

effzee

Jabee my friend you are nuts if you think this defense is good enough for the playoffs. Colts are a terrible rushing team and they ran it right down the Eagles throat.

Our defense sucks yes but the run D is better than the pass D. I think the Colts running it so well and consistently caught us off guard. The Eagles clearly game planned for Luck airing out, especially with their banged up OLINE and Richardson not doing much.

Colts surprised the Eagles and punched them in the mouth. But the run D was better in the 2nd half than the first. And the offense settling for FGs and dropped TDs in the first half also contributed to Indy's ability to stick to the run. If the Eagles converted their redzone trips in the first half, Colts would have been forced to pass all game.

I don't think the D and team overall is good enough to contend for a SB this year but the D has improved slightly over the past season and up to now. Still won't take that next step unless you add actual talent at LB/CB/S and not just late round projects.

I do have to admit so far I really like what I see out of Malcolm Jenkins. I expected production from Sproles but Jenkins was a horribly pick up IMO. Its only 2 games but he has been all over and especially mixing it up in the run game.

Vikings get zero fucking credit for this. They caved to cash.

No credit but its always the right time to do the right thing. Sponsors also only pulled out due to concerns of image/money. No one here is acting out of any true interest or concern for the issues.

BigAT

From the Peterson press release:

"This has been an ongoing and deliberate process since last Friday’s news."

Vikings Executive Meeting Room, Friday afternoon:
"So we're all in agreement then on the very deliberate steps we'll be taking on this situation? Sit him Sunday, reactivate him Monday to bring shame and disgust upon the organization, wait for sponsors to start taking revenue away from the team, then we deactivate him again. Sounds like a plan. Now let's get started working on that 2AM press release for next week."

jakncoke

Banned
I cant even imagine whats next for NFL to look terrible and dumb to masses. Reggie Bush trying to join the crowd though

eznark

Banned

"So we're all in agreement then on the very deliberate steps we'll be taking on this situation? Sit him Sunday, reactivate him Monday to bring shame and disgust upon the organization, wait for sponsors to start taking revenue away from the team, then we deactivate him again. Sounds like a plan. Now let's get started working on that 2AM press release for next week."

laugh.gif

Like your favorite Marvel Comics. I think it's time Europe started up a competing league. They play real gridiron football, not that football those Americans call football!

eznark

Banned
Twice arrested for domestic violence

Drunk driving, brawling with family members, beat up a cop, had his cousin murder some dude (Javon Walker incident), numerous misdemeanor battery charges in addition to an unspecified number of domestic violence complaints in both Denver and Miami.

Also his wife stabbed him, so you know he is a shithead.

eznark

Banned
If he wants to be coddled he can go live in a mental care facility. If he wants to live like an adult he needs to behave like one.

It's disgusting how obvious it is that the Cowboys are right on track for yet another 8-8 season. At least they'll bring the lols along the way.
I'm gonna sound like a broken record but the Cowboys are legit this year. They've got a dominant offense with the best O-line in the game, along with a defense that's not good but not as bad as people expect. Certainly not as bad as last year, not even close. They have one problem; their schedule is kinda rough, at least this next mini-stretch of games.

Here's how I see things playing out the rest of the way:

@ STL = win
vs NO = coin flip
vs HOU = win
@ SEA = loss
vs NYG = win
vs WASH = win
vs ARI = loss (I think they'll lose one of these two games, either vs Washington or Arizona)
@ JAX = win
@ NYG = win
vs PHI = coin flip
@ CHI = loss
@ PHI = coin flip, probably a loss
vs INDY = loss
@ WASH = win

I see them winning those two coin flips and going 10-6 and either winning the division or at least making the wildcard. The Eagles are really good, so I might have to retract on my winning the division prediction. Wildcard definitely, though.

jakncoke

Banned
Oh right I forgot he has a piled history.

Heavy, you say* a ton of shit. Of course you'll be right a few times in life.

Oh right I forgot he has a piled history.

Heavy, you say* a ton of shit. Of course you'll be right a few times in life.
And when I'm right like I was about Reggie last year (unless you're a stickler) then people will just say "broken clock blah blah". Can't win either way.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
So we're just going to ostracize everyone that makes a mistake? Cause that's what it seems like now.

eznark said:
If he wants to be coddled he can go live in a mental care facility. If he wants to live like an adult he needs to behave like one.
you clearly know nothing about borderline personality disorder.

Mental illness is already treated like shit in this country, and its disappointing to see some of you making light of it in here.

gutshot

No one had a worse Monday night than this guy...

A $5 bet was poised to turn into a $100,000 payday before the Indianapolis Colts melted down Monday night.

A bettor in the Delaware Sports Lottery picked 14 consecutive NFL winners against the spread over the weekend. His 15th pick would have turned the $5, 15-team parlay card into a $100,000 winner. Unfortunately, they took the Colts to beat the Philadelphia Eagles by more than a field goal.

A bettor's $5 wager would have reaped a $100,000 payday if the Colts had hung on to beat the Eagles on MNF. But Indy lost to Philly in the final seconds, rendering his 15-team parlay card worthless.

The Colts led 17-6 at halftime, but couldn't salt away the game and ended up losing, 30-27, on a last-second field goal.

"Honestly, we were rooting for the guy, starting with Sunday night's game," Delaware Lottery director Vernon Kirk said. "Our risk manager told us Sunday night that only one person had hit 14 games and needed the Bears and Colts.

"It definitely looked like Delaware had a winner when the Colts were up 14 midway through the third quarter," Kirk added. "Then to have the Eagles rally like that -- and to win in the last three seconds of the game -- it was agonizing to watch when you knew one player was so close to such a big payout."

No one has hit one of the 15-team, $5 parlays since 2011. The odds of picking all 15 games correctly are roughly 32,000-to-1, according to the lottery. More than 4,500 $5, 15-team parlays were placed for Week 2 of the NFL.

The Delaware Sports Lottery, outside of Nevada, is the largest legal sports betting operation in the U.S. It only accepts wagers on the NFL and requires bettors to pick a minimum of three selections per wager. Single-game wagers are not allowed; nevertheless, the lottery is growing substantially.

More than $32.5 million was wagered in the Delaware Sports Lottery during the 2013-14 season, a 28 percent increase from the previous year. Only $10.72 million was wagered on the lottery in 2009-10, the lottery's first year.

Wagers are accepted at the state's three racetracks -- Delaware Park, Dover Downs and Harrington Raceway -- in addition to more than 60 retailers.

Largely swept under the rug, the NFL and NFLPA reached an agreement on a new drug policy.

Now the countdown is on to see who is the first high-profile player to get busted for HGH

xnipx

When do people realize NFL players are just as likely to commit crimes as everyday people in this country? The league itself is not some bastion of moral superiority it has a LOOONNNG history of employing and forgiving morally lacking people after the legal system deals with them. Why can't we just enjoy the games for what they are and stop acting like they are above making the same mistakes as the people in the stands?

I hate to see how goodell and tmz would have dealt with the 80s and 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom