• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
When are you going to realize that appealing on the behalf of child and fiancee abusers makes you look like a total callous jackass?

The game won't exist when sponsors pull their money anyway which is the real reason the NFL is doing anything about this.

You're all over the place.

The beer company that sells to families and doesn't want to support a product that seemingly ignores child abusers? Yeah okay. Again, you're supporting the wrong people. Then again you're a Ravens fan and besides BLarry I haven't seen one in this thread I'd ever want to have a conversation with.

Nakazato and the old ravens fan that I cant remember his name is good people as well

Dragon

Banned
Except the league and the PA have to agree to certain punishments for off the field conduct. Donte stallworth and Leonard little stayed in the league for fucks sakes.

You're arguing from history. We're talking about now. The Player's Association is already appealing in Rice's case.

Wouldn't he want it delayed until his contract is fully paid out?

The commissioner's list, under the CBA, leaves pay up to the team.

The Vikings elected to pay him, so as long as he's under the list the Vikings will still pay him.

You're all over the place.

The beer company that sells to families and doesn't want to support a product that seemingly ignores child abusers? Yeah okay. Again, you're supporting the wrong people. Then again you're a Ravens fan and besides BLarry I haven't seen one in this thread I'd ever want to have a conversation with.

:[

LevelNth

Banned
Wouldn't he want it delayed until his contract is fully paid out?
He's going to be released if the case extends beyond this year, that's 100%. He MAY not be if he gets back on the field and continues to play at the level he has been.

And in the second scenario, even if he still is cut due to how high his cap hit goes, he has a far higher likelihood of restructuring or resigning somewhere else.

xnipx

You're arguing from history. We're talking about now. The Player's Association is already appealing in Rice's case.

So if I'm arguing from the same POV as the PA that the league and it's punishments are inconsistent and all over the place how exactly am I supporting DV and child abuse? All because I ask for consistency and point it out when people are getting a raw deal?

I guess I support child rape and murder since I think the botched executions in Texas was fucked up too huh.

welp.

KONY 2014

staffsack2.0.gif

Greg who?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Vikings shouldn't get any credit for buckling. I didn't see an apology in their decision for being pro-child abuse.

Also +1 for next week's thread being about fat men who score touchdowns. Needs Stafford, Jawalrus, Freeman and other assorted fat dudes.

Slo

Love the move. Vikings don't have to cut him and can fill his roster spot. NFL gets him out of the spotlight. Peterson gets paid. Sensitive types get to claim victory. I won't get beat by him in my fantasy league.

Rainbows and unicorns all around.

Fox318

Love the move. Vikings don't have to cut him and can fill his roster spot. NFL gets him out of the spotlight. Peterson gets paid. Sensitive types get to claim victory. I won't get beat by him in my fantasy league.

Do I need to bring you to my whooping room?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Except the part where the Vikings still suck and you get to deal with 9 months of winter.

edit: Oh and the part where the Vikings came out in favor of child abuse. Nobody is going to forget that part.

Crisco

Banned
The thing is, NFL players should have a lower crime rate than the general population. After all, the leading cause of crime is poverty, and NFL players are definitely not poor. They are also not so rich that they can completely throw caution to the wind, like an actor or Wall Street hedge fund owner. Their continued wealth is dependent on future performance, so going all Charlie Sheen is basically out of the question, they have to keep their bodies in decent shape. So really, the players who get caught for this stuff are more stupid than anything else, to risk that livelihood over totally avoidable issues. I do believe the standard should be "don't get arrested". If you get hauled off in a police cruise for any reason, that's an automatic suspension for conduct detrimental.

Eh. I agree we've got enough depth to collectively replace Hardy's production. But let's not forget Reynolds was the Lions' third option at RT who was signed off the scrap heap in the week leading up to the game.

Losing a guy that Gettleman thought was worth 13.1m of our limited cap space this year definitely hurts. Not gonna lie about that.

Darren Sproles does it all for Kelly's offense

For the record, Sproles finished with seven catches for 152 yards, four carries for 26 yards and a touchdown, and four punt returns that averaged 6.3 yards. All but 4 of his receiving yards came after the catch.

The bolded part is insane to me. 148 yards after the catch is such a crazy amount. LJ is totally right about the Colts LBs, if they could have just stopped Sproles on those screens and dump offs the Eagles wouldn't have done much on offense.

The thing is, NFL players should have a lower crime rate than the general population. After all, the leading cause of crime is poverty, and NFL players are definitely not poor. They are also not so rich that they can completely throw caution to the wind, like an actor or Wall Street hedge fund owner. Their continued wealth is dependent on future performance, so going all Charlie Sheen is basically out of the question, they have to keep their bodies in decent shape. So really, the players who get caught for this stuff are more stupid than anything else, to risk that livelihood over totally avoidable issues. I do believe the standard should be "don't get arrested". If you get hauled off in a police cruise for any reason, that's an automatic suspension for conduct detrimental.

Losing a guy that Gettleman thought was worth 13.1m of our limited cap space this year definitely hurts. Not gonna lie about that.

That's a nice way of thinking about it, but it's flawed.

A lot of these guys go from not having 2 nickels to rub together to having a seemingly inexhaustible amount of wealth, so much so that they don't know what to do with it. Both are extremes and both can often be enablers to self destructive behavior.

cajunator

Banned
Ok now I'm refinding that anger lol. Belichick has pissed me off with this team and the way he's handled it for the last few years. On one hand they've had so much success, but on the other they've been lucky to have Tom play as well as he did, and help cover up those record breaking defenses (the bad kind if you didn't catch that). The weird thing is I genuinely believe he could fix or at least aknowledge a lot of these issues, however he has this childish, obsessive need to defy naysayers and do it his way and nobody elses. How does Matt Patricia still have a job? How does Josh Boyer still have a job?

His desire to pick at least one "surprise" pick a year is perfect proof that this guy loves to go against the grain, in an attempt to stroke his ego. It's really a win win, because when a MASSIVE draft mistake like Tavon Wilson gets picked, leaving fans and every expert in the world scratching their head, and going ..... uhhhh who? The pundits all cry "in bill we trust", but if by some miracle, that crappy player not cut out for the nfl, proves everyone wrong like Brady did, then he can say "hey I found that guy and I picked him before everyone else". What really pisses me off about it, is if he KNOWS this guy isn't going to be taken, then why the hell waste a valuable pick on him? It's simply to stroke that ego and let people know he doesn't give a shit, he's going to do what he wants. I'm VERY interested to see how he does in the post-brady era, because I'm becoming more and more convinced it's been all on Tom. I know he wasn't there in 08, but that division was a joke, you had the 1-15 dolphins go 11-5 and make the playoffs. The schedule was an absolute cake walk, they had 1 of the best receivers of all time, and another hall of famer in his prime in Welker, and the defense was the best the pats had in years. We'll see how it plays out going forward, but I think Bill would've gotten some serious flak and things could've escalated quickly if they didn't luck into that disaster of a performance. And again we pull the raiders next.

A pats fan I can agree with

That's a nice way of thinking about it, but it's flawed.

A lot of these guys go from not having 2 nickels to rub together to having a seemingly inexhaustible amount of wealth, so much so that they don't know what to do with it. Both are extremes and both can often be enablers to self destructive behavior.

This.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
cajun I have a bone to pick with you.

I marathoned Sword Art Online and I've come to the conclusion that there's something wrong with weeaboos.

Just for reference: The dude's 14 year old "cousin" (even though he was raised believing she was his sister) with giant boobs is constantly trying to jump on the main character's dong and it's creepy.

There's a little girl going around calling the two main characters "daddy" and "mommy" and just what the fuck.

It was a pretty awesome premise but the whole thing is just weird.

You werent right tho? You cant bend the facts or add in exempts after the fact breh. You were wrong.
He missed 2.5 games and still had 1500 total yards. The crux of my prediction was right, that he would have a huge impact on the team and have a great year. You're the type of dude that if he got 1799 yards you'd still make that post. You're that kind of spiteful cat.

Slo

Except the part where the Vikings still suck and you get to deal with 9 months of winter.

edit: Oh and the part where the Vikings came out in favor of child abuse. Nobody is going to forget that part.

RAINBOW FLAVORED UNICORNS

He missed 2.5 games and still had 1500 total yards. The crux of my prediction was right, that he would have a huge impact on the team and have a great year. You're the type of dude that if he got 1799 yards you'd still make that post. You're that kind of spiteful cat.

Its not spiteful at all, you said 1800, not 1500, or 1799. Injuries are a part of football and especially for RBs.
You are just a sore loser who is trying to deflect from being wrong. Again.

jakncoke

Banned

What right is right , what wrong is wrong breh. You got it wrong like the other million things you've said and done in your life. You can lie to yourself and your blankie at night thinking you would of gotten this thing or that thing right under perfect circumstances but it not how the world works bro

This is like kas saying the Lions drafted a WR in Ebron when he's a TE.

Its not spiteful at all, you said 1800, not 1500, or 1799. Injuries are a part of football and especially for RBs.
You are just a sore loser who is trying to deflect from being wrong. Again.

1799 :lol
This kid would actually do a HAHA you were wrong! with 1799 :lol

Edit: and be serious about it, lmao

eznark

Banned

Your prediction was 1800 yards.

gutshot

Kaitlyn Ross 11Alive @kaitlynross1
#Breaking: attorney Gloria Allred will hold a news conference in ATL about a NEW allegation of domestic violence in the NFL this afternoon

WTF is happening.

Godslay I think we have our first wall of shame post for NFL GAF's site...

This is like kas saying the Lions drafted a WR in Ebron when he's a TE.

Lol, Kas is a pal, but something about Lion's fans maaaan...they're all kinda off I guess.

What right is right , what wrong is wrong breh. You got it wrong like the other million things you've said and done in your life. You can lie to yourself and your blankie at night thinking you would of gotten this thing or that thing right under perfect circumstances but it not how the world works bro
I got the super bowl pick right. I got plenty of things right. Don't talk about my life, either.

Kelvin Benjamin is going to have 1100+ yards this year, just like I predicted before the season started.

Then again you're a Ravens fan and besides BLarry I haven't seen one in this thread I'd ever want to have a conversation with.

What!?!

Nakazato, Bolt Vanderhuge, GQman, and now Sweeney Tom too. I'm by far the worst poster of that group.

And I like xnipx. We might not always agree, particularly on Flacco, but he reps his city and seems to be a West Baltimore guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom