• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

It's horrible how the show presents incest between teenagers as perfectly reasonable. Oh and we'll throw in a nude shower scene of the 14 year old girl being distraught because emotional damage is sexy. Where the hell are these kids parents?

Oh that's right, apparently marrying off their comatose 17 year old daughters to 30+ year old men.

So much awful and I'm leaving stuff out for sure.

whatthefuck0xkcc.gif

eznark

Banned
It's horrible how the show presents incest between teenagers as perfectly reasonable. Oh and we'll throw in a nude shower scene of the 14 year old girl being distraught because emotional damage is sexy. Where the hell are these kids parents?

Oh that's right, apparently marrying off their comatose 17 year old daughters to 30+ year old men.

And yet you kept watching

facepalm.gif
77B118AFDB31BC909425B8B8C43E287A5B9FB599

eznark

Banned
Wilf keeps saying "we just wanted to get it right" "we're glad we got it right" "in the end we got it right"

As though if he repeats that enough times people will forget that the Minnesota Vikings organization endorsed shoving leaves into a four year olds mouth and beating him bloody with a tree branch.

Tom Penny

If a white person beats his wife, they'll just undo the rules like they did for Welker with drugs. Rice will be back on the field by Sunday.

No white player has ever got popped for drugs in the NFL. Every PED user was a minority until Welker. I'm surprised nobody has noticed this except for you.

Slo

No white player has ever got popped for drugs in the NFL. Every PED user was a minority until Welker. I'm surprised nobody has noticed this except for you.

What was that colts QB that lost his career in the 80s? And then there's Todd Marinovich, hes a ginger but that's almost white.

And Jim Irsay.

Come to think of it, the Colts seem to be a pretty shady organization.

eznark

Banned
You know what, if slicing open the scrotum of a helpless 4 year old child is what it takes to get slo to post again, then I applaud 4 Year Old Son #5 for his sacrifice.

jakncoke

Banned
BBT isn't that bad. It's mindless, somewhat entertaining and Melissa Rauch is smoking hot. Typically it's usually on in the background while browsing the internet in the hotel room because TBS plays like 4 hours of it.

I knew anime fans have bad taste because the Gundam people made 08th MS Team (which was awesome). Yet the demand must be missing for another ground based Gundam series because they inexplicably never return to the idea again....therefore anime fans suck.

2604354-3777669238-3907593-8870966785-proxy

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
BBT isn't that bad. It's mindless, somewhat entertaining and Melissa Rauch is smoking hot. Typically it's usually on in the background while browsing the internet in the hotel room because TBS plays like 4 hours of it.

I knew anime fans have bad taste because the Gundam people made 08th MS Team (which was awesome). Yet the demand must be missing for another ground based Gundam series because they inexplicably never return to the idea again....therefore anime fans suck.

dakeau.gif

I remember when Destiny came out there was some talk about if Activision was making big money off of it. Seems like we finally got some hard numbers in this thread.

The past few days however, it seems investors are singing a different tune due to Destiny lukewarm reviews and disappointing sell-through - over 500 million $ worth of shipments were sent out to retailers - nonetheless only 325 million $ sold-through thus far effectively leaving 175 million $ worth of inventory on store shelves.

As such, ever since the launch of Destiny, the stock has now rapidly declined, losing over 10% of its valuation to where it stands currently 21.60$ ish - 1.5 billion $ erased from ATVI's market cap in just a few days.

Crazy that they overshipped by so much. I am actually really enjoying the co-op so far, I am only level 11 though. The missions are definitely starting to get repetitive but I cant wait to unlock my subclass and check that stuff out.

Tamanon

Banned
I remember when Destiny came out there was some talk about if Activision was making big money off of it. Seems like we finally got some hard numbers in this thread.

Crazy that they overshipped by so much. I am actually really enjoying the co-op so far, I am only level 11 though. The missions are definitely starting to get repetitive but I cant wait to unlock my subclass and check that stuff out.

Shipping $500 million and selling $325 million during the first week isn't overtyping.

eznark

Banned
Selling 2/3 of your inventory in 5 days seems pretty positive to me.

Investors usually shed stock after a major milestone, particular in tech/manufacturing companies that are not widely diversified in their product offerings.

jmdajr

Man smokers cough is the worst. I can hear this guy blowing lung chunks many doors down. Awful.

Hope he can stop before it's too late.
It's probbaly too late

Selling 2/3 of your inventory in 5 days seems pretty positive to me.

Investors usually shed stock after a major milestone, particular in tech/manufacturing companies that are not widely diversified in their product offerings.

Seems odd with COD AW right around the corner.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
exactly.

I get what you are saying but also...I don't care. No one has a right to play in the NFL and the league wouldn't be worse off if the league had a zero tolerance policy for domestic violence (including child abuse).

It doesn't have to be about being role models, how about just not rewarding pieces of shit? It happens every day in corporate America, why should the NFL be any different.

171.jpg

so white
so where do you draw the line? Considering several of the players are being punished before the legal system has finished.

Suspended and banned at any accusation?
Or does it have to go to indictment?
Or does it have to go to finished trial/plea deal?

What's to stop people from making shit up to just get people suspended?

The problem with zero tolerance policies is that they leave no area for grey. And in other areas, have been shown to disproportionately affect minorities than whites.

I don't disagree with you that playing in the NFL is not a right, it is a privilege. However, I also believe in second chances and certainly not a fan of which hunts and ridiculous public outrage and the guilty until proven innocent.

The only two reasons shit has hit the fan lately is because Goodell fucked up the original suspension of Rice and because there was video evidence that was released. If those two didn't happen he way they did, none of this would be as blown out of proportion.

Bowser

Future NFL star in the making:

The latest question came today, when Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher announced that Winston will be suspended for the first half of Saturday’s big game against Clemson. Winston’s latest offense is that he stood up in a crowded area of the Florida State campus and screamed, “F–k her right in the pu–y.” He apparently thought that was funny because that phrase has been spoken on some viral videos, and some pranksters have managed to say it on live television.

...this is worth suspending now?

My god.

eznark

Banned
Seems odd with COD AW right around the corner.

Why?

Analysts boosted the stock in late spring with talk of Destiny. It makes sense that the investor who bought in May because they believed in Destiny would cash out upon release. If you bought in May and sold in September, you made $2 a share on a $20 company. Nice, fast money.

activision stock is worth 2x what it was before they bought Bungie, has dropped 0.1x since Destiny released.

Lets console war this logic into Destiny being an albatross.

Fucking kids trying to talk financials. Always amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom