• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So Timmons hurt both Ike and Shazier...

tzA8zJt.gif

Haven't watched wrestling in years, but she looks fine in that gif.....

Looks like she has strong knees, I'd sit on her lap.
Don't remember what she originally looked like

Bowser

DM wtf? 4 AAs? 3 STFs? Rollins interference? I wanted a Bork beat down and clean win to wash the taste of that shitty SNF game out.

JABEE

There's some things you can cover up and then there's some things you can't - Ray Lewis

"Yeah, this is one of those situations that ... It's family. I spent 17 years of my career at this one place. I've known Ozzie Newsome now over 19 years of my career, of my life. That's half my life. I've known Steve Bisciotti over 15 years of my life. Each one of those men, bottom line, has never lied to me once. They've given me an opportunity at life to change not only my life but my family's life as well as my kids' lives.

"If this incident, what we're dealing with, if they could do this all over again, they would. If the NFL could do this all over again, they would. Whether they saw the tape or not, who really knows outside of the people who was actually there to know what went on? But sometimes I think we get lost in trying to figure out who's head to go after, who to attack now about what they didn't do.

"Sometimes we forget why we're here. We're here for one reason and one reason only. We're here for domestic violence. We're here because we saw a friend of mine brutally hit his wife in an elevator. There's some things you can cover up and then there's some things you can't. Right now is a sad day for me because the reputation that I left in this organization, this isn't it. This isn't it. What was built that many of years took hard work to get that. Took a hell of a reputation to put on the line. Men's families. Men's lives. How to actually get acclimated as a pro.

"So yeah, am I little bit offended when you talk about a guy by the name of Ozzie Newsome? Absolutely, because he's one of the five star generals in this world as a man. I don't want us to lose fact. I don't want us to lose what's really going on here. Ray Rice put a lot of people in jeopardy with his actions. A lot of people in jeopardy. Not just himself. He needs to understand that because none of this happens if what happened that night in that elevator don't happen... If I ask for anything in this whole thing, I ask let there be light."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/21/6758017/ray-lewis-espn-comments-cover-up-video-ray-rice

Might be the same thing that they did with Markus last year. Miss a few weeks, the offense seems to be in sync without him. Boom, you're a bystander.

Never wanted him on the team anyway. Brown has better length, and maybe speed.

On that note, I owe the beard an apology. He's still got it.

edit: Somebody mentioned this on another board. Moore's a shit blocker. That may have something to do with it too.

Phew, what a night and a great week of football! To most of Niner-GAF, GG, you guys were classy. It must be frustrating to see your team fall apart late while for us, we start slow and beast the end of our games for the most part. This was a huge huge win for us, especially with a backup QB. To see our D turn it up at the end without Crom playing (injured in 3rd qtr) was especially heartening but god do I hope he'll be ok by week 5! We've endured enough fucking injuries! We'll do our part and try to stay above the Chickens as your NFC Best Overlords. I was once again proud of how loud we got at times, felt like a play off game. I was also relieved to see our fans maintain the majority after the Niners swept the Cowboys stadium. Red Sea remained intact!

For FMT: GET FUCKED, NINERS! GET FUCKED! By Drew Fucking Stanton JNCCCCC! Well, it went as I predicted in our PM. I said if VD didn't play, we win and if he did healthy, we'd likely be screwed. The one time I was terrified was when Stanton got clobbered because we'd have been fucked if we had to roll with Logan Thomas this soon. Your players knew that and went for blood. Thank based Drew that he stayed healthy enough to finish. Also, I never heard from you, bastard! I thought I was going to grab a beer with you, brah :(

I was initially pissed at having such an early bye but now I say thank the football gods! We MUST get Palmer back in time for Denver. Some dumbass Cards fans questioning if we should stick with Stanton. Please, Stanton is a quality backup who doesn't lose you games but he doesn't have the zip nor skill with the long ball that Carson has and Carson can win you games while Drew namely stays the course. Great backup qualities but not enough to dominate in the best division. Hopefully Crom is ok and thank god Calais came back in the game. Great to see Frostee back tonight and hopefully he'll be a lot more healthy by week 5 and Honey Badger continues to increase his snap count.

Also, my 11-5 possibility prediction is more alive than ever. We just needed to beat the Niners OR Chickens once for this to work with the presumed losses being Denver, one loss to Niner or Chickens and swept by the other. The only possible hang ups are the Falcons, Lions, and Eagles. I'm not worried about the last two at all and we dominated the Falcons when we were a shit 5 win team so I'm feeling optimistic. Let's go Cardinals, Let's go! Red Sea rose today :)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
God I hate working Sundays :(. I watch the games on a stream in the office but it's not the same. Also when the hell are we gonna drop amendola, just dead weight.

Phew, what a night and a great week of football! To most of Niner-GAF, GG, you guys were classy. It must be frustrating to see your team fall apart late while for us, we start slow and beast the end of our games for the most part. This was a huge huge win for us, especially with a backup QB. To see our D turn it up at the end without Crom playing (injured in 3rd qtr) was especially heartening but god do I hope he'll be ok by week 5! We've endured enough fucking injuries! We'll do our part and try to stay above the Chickens as your NFC Best Overlords. I was once again proud of how loud we got at times, felt like a play off game. I was also relieved to see our fans maintain the majority after the Niners swept the Cowboys stadium. Red Sea remained intact!

For FMT: GET FUCKED, NINERS! GET FUCKED! By Drew Fucking Stanton JNCCCCC! Well, it went as I predicted in our PM. I said if VD didn't play, we win and if he did healthy, we'd likely be screwed. The one time I was terrified was when Stanton got clobbered because we'd have been fucked if we had to roll with Logan Thomas this soon. Your players knew that and went for blood. Thank based Drew that he stayed healthy enough to finish. Also, I never heard from you, bastard! I thought I was going to grab a beer with you, brah :(

I was initially pissed at having such an early bye but now I say thank the football gods! We MUST get Palmer back in time for Denver. Some dumbass Cards fans questioning if we should stick with Stanton. Please, Stanton is a quality backup who doesn't lose you games but he doesn't have the zip nor skill with the long ball that Carson has and Carson can win you games while Drew namely stays the course. Great backup qualities but not enough to dominate in the best division. Hopefully Crom is ok and thank god Calais came back in the game. Great to see Frostee back tonight and hopefully he'll be a lot more healthy by week 5 and Honey Badger continues to increase his snap count.

Also, my 11-5 possibility prediction is more alive than ever. We just needed to beat the Niners OR Chickens once for this to work with the presumed losses being Denver, one loss to Niner or Chickens and swept by the other. The only possible hang ups are the Falcons, Lions, and Eagles. I'm not worried about the last two at all and we dominated the Falcons when we were a shit 5 win team so I'm feeling optimistic. Let's go Cardinals, Let's go! Red Sea rose today :)

11-5? You're not dreaming hard enough man. 19-0 or bust.

Bowser

1. Greg Hardy: $13.1M - inactive indefinitely
2. Charles Johnson: $11.2M - underperforming
3. Jon Beason: $8M - dead money
4. Greg Olsen: $7.8M - worth every penny
5. Ryan Kalil: $7.2M - good C but OL as a whole is meh
6. Cam Newton: $7M - gutting through injuries
7. DeAngelo Williams: $6M - banged up and missing games
8. Steve Smith: $5M - dead money
9. Jonathan Stewart: $4.6M - perpetually hurt and underperforming
10. Luke Kuechly: $3.4M - worth every penny

It's a miracle were 2-1 this season with so much money tied to players who aren't on the team or actually performing...

1. Greg Hardy: $13.1M - inactive indefinitely
2. Charles Johnson: $11.2M - underperforming
3. Jon Beason: $8M - dead money
4. Greg Olsen: $7.8M - worth every penny
5. Ryan Kalil: $7.2M - good C but OL as a whole is meh
6. Cam Newton: $7M - gutting through injuries
7. DeAngelo Williams: $6M - banged up and missing games
8. Steve Smith: $5M - dead money
9. Jonathan Stewart: $4.6M - perpetually hurt and underperforming
10. Luke Kuechly: $3.4M - worth every penny

It's a miracle were 2-1 this season with so much money tied to players who aren't on the team or actually performing...

That sucks our list is

1) Harvin
2) Okung
3) Cliff Avril
4) Beast Mode
5) ET
6) Max Unger
7) Kam
8) Mebane
9) Michael Bennett
10) Zach Miller
11) Sherman
12) Doug Baldwin

All playing and contributing. *knocks on wood*

11-5? You're not dreaming hard enough man. 19-0 or bust.

I'm not Kas, 11 is realistic though not expected. Take a look at our schedule and tell me it's not. I gave you both wins even though we very well could win at least one of them, I gave the Niners a win, I gave Denver a win (both winnable). As I said, the Falcons, Eagles, and Lions are the most dangerous but who here says we can't beat those teams? The rest are easy: KC, OAK, STL twice, Cowboys, and Skins. Tell me we can't get to 11. I'm not saying we will, I'm saying there's a rationale argument for us accomplishing it and the dream remains alive after tonight's game. Beating SF or SEA once was the hardest part and it's already been accomplished.

xnipx

Fuck Ray lewis and Fuck Ravens ownership for how they handled this whole thing. He's just towing the company line because they just built that statue for him.

Man, Fox broadcasts really fucking blow. Not only did I have to listen to Joe Buck be an idiot, look at this shit:

That shot of Philadelphia is a minimum of eight years old. How the fuck do you go 8+ years before reshooting film to use in the bumpers before/after commercials?

Oh yeah? Avatar bet? We very well could drop a game in Denver but we sure as hell aren't going to keep losing when we play the Skins and Raiders right after.

Also, another fun stat, no team has scored a single point on us in the 4th quarter this year. One was the Giants..but the Chargers have a pretty damn prolific offense.

After today's game I realize I was wrong. I still don't know if this team is any good. What I do know is Steve Smith is a fucking gamer, and he's going to go buckwild next week against Carolina.

Also, Cundiff, damn you still suck so bad. Kiss the ring, bitch!

960x1436

Justin Tucker, Successful NFL Kicker

trash game was trash! niners come out looking great, running no-huddle and the cards have no idea how to defend it. sure enough, we score on 2 80 yard drives without much issue. what happens after? we stop doing that. why keep doing something the cards can't stop!

then we get literally no pressure on stanton all game. i think he may have gotten hit once or twice in the pocket. once they call a bullcrap "defensive holding". twice they call a bullcrap roughing (why?). didn't matter that it was a backup or whoever. any QB in the NFL will have success when you give him all day to throw. then we blitz the house on 3rd and 12 late... yeah that's pretty smart.

refs were absolute garbage against us once again. if you are going to call the game ticky tack then whatever, i'll live with it. but you don't call it ticky tack one way. kap slides and gets hit. no flag. stanton is impacted as he just starts to slide and there is a flag. face mask on our D (grabs the back of the helmet... but whatever) flag. crabtree gets his helmet ripped off, no flag. cook "touches" arizona receiver on a huge 3rd down, PI. brandon lloyd is arm barred on a deep pass, no flag. i just want consistency. if you are going to let the teams play, let them play i really dont give a fuck if no flags are thrown on either team for anything. but what the niners have gotten in the first 3 weeks is horseshit calls considering what is and isn't being called on the other side.

but again none of it would have mattered if we just kept the pseudo hurry up. kap was seeing the field pretty well today and the cards had no answer for him in the first half but we just came out (again) flat in the 2nd.

props to the cards for pulling through with a backup, making 2nd half adjustments and taking advantage of the trash calls in the game! can't wait to see how much time nick foles has next week with the vaunted niners Pressure Zero defense!

Our schedule eases up for the next few months. We need to go at least 6-1 in the next 7 before it starts getting difficult again.

Our schedule is Hard>Easy>Hard

We get 3 playoffs team from 2013 to start the year, then follow by like 6-7 straight bums (minus Panthers) followed by all divisional games + Philly.

12 highest cap hits in 2014

1. Andy Dalton $9,059,063
2. Geno Atkins $9,000,000
3. Leon Hall $8,700,000
4. Carlos Dunlap $8,600,000
5. AJ Green $6,264,394
6. Andrew Whitworth $6,200,000
7. Domata Peko $5,900,000
8. Vontaze Burfict $5,275,334
9. Andre Smith $5,200,000
10. Jermaine Gresham $4,832,000
11. Reggie Nelson $4,475,000