• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Hey Bowser

Hey

Hey Bowser

Remember when you were talking so much trash this past week and I told you not to piss off the football gods and you talked even more trash and ultimately pissed off the football gods?

http://i.minus.com/iXaE0Ka1dP9YT.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Tuvytp3.gif

We have 175 yards rushing through 3 games. Our leading rusher is Jonathan Stewart with a grand total of 88 yards (to put this into perspective, Russell Wilson has 87 yards rushing through 3 games). DeAngelo Williams, who hasn't played in 2 weeks, is 2nd with 72.

We are a one dimensional team paying gobs of money to RBs who can't stay healthy and suck dick even when they are healthy -____-

I think our offense will be okay. We're learning a new system so there are going to be struggles. Still we should of put up more points against the Packers. I expect more points against the Jets.

Crisco

Banned
Tuvytp3.gif

We have 175 yards rushing through 3 games. Our leading rusher is Jonathan Stewart with a grand total of 88 yards (to put this into perspective, Russell Wilson has 87 yards rushing through 3 games). DeAngelo Williams, who hasn't played in 2 weeks, is 2nd with 72.

We are a one dimensional team paying gobs of money to RBs who can't stay healthy and suck dick even when they are healthy -____-

Does Jonathan Stewart play again this season?

ShaneB

With the Bill's lost my next Bandwagon team until my Jags stop "completely" disappointing me are the Eagles!

I guess I'm not one to talk, but... stick with a team! I guess you did clearly say bandwagon though. Ah well. Enjoy the football!

Ugh, Mondays after a loss are the worst.

When's the draft?

=( Have a little faith man! The AFCE looks wide open at the moment. and Mondays are terrible no matter what happens! =(

Bowser

Does Jonathan Stewart play again this season?

I feel bad for the guy. Legs aren't supposed to bend that way on that hit he took. But I think with the state of the o-line, DeAngelo is a better fit for us. He's the guy that will make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Stewart is a bruiser who breaks tackles, but he just looks slower than ever now, like he's running through molasses.

Sucks that injuries reduced him to a shell of the great back he was from 2009-2011.

eznark

Banned
I think our offense will be okay. We're learning a new system so there are going to be struggles. Still we should of put up more points against the Packers. I expect more points against the Jets.

Yeah their secondary is fucking garbage, so guys will get open faster. The best corner on the Jets is worse than the Packers 4th CB. Our safeties played a legit very good game yesterday. The only long gains were in man up situations with no one over the top.

I think this year is definitely a sub .500 year for the Packers but the young defense has looked great for 7 quarters so that is something.

Colasante

I just want to say now, before they become our new AFC overlords, that I'll have no problem if the Bengals win the Super Bowl this season. Their offense is awesome, their defense is awesome, Hue Jackson is an incredible coordinator, and Mike Brown has somehow transformed into one of the best owner/GMs in the league since the Carson Palmer trade.

eznark

Banned
I just want to say now, before they become our new AFC overlords, that I'll have no problem if the Bengals win the Super Bowl this season. Their offense is awesome, their defense is awesome, Hue Jackson is an incredible coordinator, and Mike Brown has somehow transformed into one of the best owner/GMs in the league since the Carson Palmer trade.

How did the Bills not murder Red Rocket on that pass back? Oh my god what the fuck was the defender doing.....

Crisco

Banned
I feel bad for the guy. Legs aren't supposed to bend that way on that hit he took. But I think with the state of the o-line, DeAngelo is a better fit for us. He's the guy that will make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Stewart is a bruiser who breaks tackles, but he just looks slower than ever now, like he's running through molasses.

Sucks that injuries reduced him to a shell of the great back he was from 2009-2011.

I hope it's just a "contusion" like they said, but that looked like a ligament sprain if I ever saw one. I think he was playing well given the circumstances, breaking a lot of tackles. Williams probably is the better fit right now but we really needed both to be productive this season. It's going to be rough sledding if the offensive line doesn't start playing better.

=( Have a little faith man! The AFCE looks wide open at the moment.
The Bills and Chiefs exposed the Dolphins for what they really are, a team that's badly coached, soft, and deprived of talent. Every year I go into the season hoping it won't be the case again but I've seen enough to know what this team is now.

"Best" case scenario they go 8-8 but at this point even that would surprise me somewhat. The past two years the Dolphins hung around in nearly every game they played, but this season they are getting destroyed in all phases of the game by mediocre teams.

As a fan I always hope blowing everything up isn't the answer but you can only deny it for so long. The fact is this team isn't going anywhere with Philbin and they probably aren't going anywhere with Tannehill either. Also, Philbin's DC Kevin Coyle is trash but for some reason he's been flying under the radar since coming to Miami. The D has gotten worse every year since he's been in charge.

The team has a few young pieces to build with but it needs to be done with some major changes. Of course, the biggest issue is still the owner, Stephen Ross, who is completely incompetent so there is really no hope while the team is under his control.

Like I said, I want in the shame circle.

Bowser

I wish the Panthers had hired Hue Jackson 2 offseasons ago instead of elevating Shula :(

eznark

Banned
The Bills and Chiefs exposed the Dolphins for what they really are, a team that's badly coached, soft, and deprived of talent. Every year I go into the season hoping it won't be the case again but I've seen enough to know what this team is now.

"Best" case scenario they go 8-8 but at this point even that would surprise me somewhat. The past two years the Dolphins hung around in nearly every game they played, but this season they are getting destroyed in all phases of the game by mediocre teams.

As a fan I always hope blowing everything up isn't the answer but you can only deny it for so long. The fact is this team isn't going anywhere with Philbin and they probably aren't going anywhere with Tannehill either. Also, Philbin's DC Kevin Coyle is trash but for some reason he's been flying under the radar since coming to Miami. The D has gotten worse every year since he's been in charge.

The team has a few young pieces to build with but it needs to be done with some major changes. Of course, the biggest issue is still the owner, Stephen Ross, who is completely incompetent so there is really no hope while the team is under his control.

Philbin for Rodgers

cajunator

Banned

Id be ok with the Bengals too.

I have a theory Hue was sent to Oakland to sabotage the Raiders.

Tom Penny

They were a great team last year then Dalton imploded handing San Diego a win when their defense was dominating. Can't put much faith into a dude who has 1 TD and like 7 turnovers in the playoffs.

LJ11

Not enough weapons around Tannehill, wouldn't give up on him just yet. Doesn't deserve a pass, but it's hard to judge the guy given what's on the roster. At least they tried to seriously address the OL in the offseason. Don't think it's a well coached unit either, but I wouldn't worry about that because your owner won't hesitate to front serious $$$ if a good candidate becomes available.

Jim Schwartz is another awful fucking DC in the AFCE. How some thought this was a good hire is beyond me. Easiest way to tell if your D is ill prepared is how they deal with motion, shouldn't take more than a couple of hand signals to change up their assignments. Yesterday, everyone in the back seven was confused as to what they were supposed to do when the Chargers motioned, fucking ridiculous. All standing around looking at one another for direction. Probably hurts having a rookie MLB/WLB who is forced into action, but still, if you safety and nickel CB aren't on the same page, you're fucked. Williams/Robey/Gilmore didn't know who had who.

Funny that Graham is our best CB so far, but has to be rotated in. Everyone needs their fair share of playing time! Not shocked that he called out the scheme, playing time, and confusion. Can't stand Schwartz.

eznark

Banned
Holy God Andrew Quarless (i.e. the laziest man in all of the the football universe) is saying that the coaching staff was lax and let the team slack off and demanded no effort in practice this week.

Weird that that translates to Sundays.

Pathetic. Bring in Schiano.

Excellent win last night, though perhaps with some severe consequences. Defense definitely looked better and got some good pressure, though I'm not sure how quality Carolina's o line is and Cam didn't play the Steelers like most teams do with quick three step drops and throws. Still, it was refreshing to see the Steelers beat the shit out of a QB again. Hopefully this will silence the bridge jumpers, at least for a few days.

The story of the night was our offense. My favorite play all night was when Decastro put Kuechly on his ass for fucking with Justin Brown. Those are penalties you take every day. Beautiful to see our o line get nasty again. They brutalized a dominant Panthers D. Lebackfield had a great game, but they had college size holes to run through last night.

Ike. Hate for him to go out like this. Dude's been so consistent for so long.

I hope Kelce is all right. The Williams stuff is so dumb to me. He says that the D is tired during games and that is why they suck so much this year, and yet statistically they are their best in the 4th quarter.

I hope you get to watch from the heavens as Yankee cries at your funeral.

The tears of joy would be real.

Colasante

They were a great team last year then Dalton imploded handing San Diego a win when their defense was dominating. Can't put much faith into a dude who has 1 TD and like 7 turnovers in the playoffs.

They were good last year, but I think the promotion of Hue Jackson, additions of Darqueze Dennard and Jeremy Hill, and return of Geno Atkins might be enough to put them over the top.

eznark

Banned
They were good last year, but I think the promotion of Hue Jackson, additions of Darqueze Dennard and Jeremy Hill, and return of Geno Atkins might be enough to put them over the top.

Their offense has, surprisingly, looked better this year. More controlled and intelligent. The results haven't always been there but I think Hue has done a better job controlling Dalton and putting him in a position to succeed.

Excellent win last night, though perhaps with some severe consequences. Defense definitely looked better and got some good pressure, though I'm not sure how quality Carolina's o line is and Cam didn't play the Stella like most teams do with quick three step drops and throws. Still, it was refreshing to see the Steelers beat the shit out of a QB again. Hopefully this will silence the bridge jumpers, at least for a few days.

The story of the night was our offense. My favorite play all night was when Decastro put Kuechly on his ass for fucking with Justin Brown. Those are penalties you take every day. Beautiful to see our o line get nasty again. They brutalized a dominant Panthers D. Lebackfield had a great game, but they had college size holes to run through last night.

Ike. Hate for him to go out like this. Dude's been so consistent for so long.

That was just a punch in the mouth to a team that got a little big for its britches. NFC South "tough" is a fuckload different than AFC North Tough.

gutshot

My game thoughts from Eagles-Redskins:

The Good

-Nick fucking Foles. My boy came to play today, finally. That was a man's game. Behind a patchwork defensive line, after getting knocked around all day including a total cheap shot, he puts up 325 and 3. I saw a comment on Twitter after the game that there are only a handful of QBs in this league who could play a game like that under those conditions (no running game, patchwork Oline, under duress all game) and I totally agree. He's going to have his ups and downs, because he's young plus all QBs have good and bad games, but make no mistake, this is a franchise QB.

-Cody Parkey. Although it wasn't at the end of regulation, it was another game-winning field goal for the kid. And this one was from 50+. It's so nice to have a kicker with a good leg again.

-Jordan Matthews and Jeremy Maclin. After much hand-wringing over the lack of production from the WR spot and whether this group was good enough, these two combined for 16 receptions for 213 yards and 3 TDs. That's the thing with this offense. Who you want to take away? Want to take away our WRs and we'll run the offense through our RBs and TEs. Want to take away our RBs and TEs and we'll use our WRs.

-Malcolm Jenkins. This signing was bashed a lot on here and elsewhere, but Jenkins has been a much better player than Byrd or Ward over the first 3 games of the season. A leader in the locker room and a play-maker on the field, he's the best safety the Eagles have had since Brian Dawkins.

The Bad

-The pass rush. It has been nonexistent the past 2 games. This defense has only 3 sacks on the season, all in the first game. Kendricks being out yesterday really hurt as he is our best blitzer. But the front four need to get more pressure.

-LeSean McCoy. It's been 3 games now and we haven't really been able to get Shady going. I think part of it has to do with our offensive line being in shambles, but Sproles has managed to make some big plays behind these guys. Yesterday McCoy probably should have sat out the rest of the game after that helmet-to-helmet hit. He looked hesitant the rest of the game. Hopefully he busts out soon.

The Ugly

-Washington's defense. I guess Haslett is so out of options against Chip's offense that he has resorted to cheap shots and dirty play to try to slow them down. Baker's hit on Foles was the most prominent example, but there were a bunch of other late hits and helmet-to-helmet shots in that game from Washington's D. Classless. (On a related note: I love me some Jason Peters.)

Overall, another ugly win but this one was more encouraging. The offense looked better than in the first 2 games, especially Foles. We just need to find a pass rush, get our O-line healthy again and we can be legit contenders. 3-0, baby!

Yesterday was the first really good game Foles has had as a QB. I really didnt think he had it in him and I am so happy to have been wrong about that. Normally he stands back there and pats the ball 5 times waiting for a WR to get 20 yards open, normally the degree of difficulty on his completions is like a 2. Yesterday though he had guys in his face every snap and had to get the ball out quick to WRs that were still covered. It really was amazing to see, I cant wait to watch the game again on rewind this week. If Foles can keep doing stuff like that I wont even cry to much when he gets his huge contract in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom